Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Harkano posted:

Nothing like being 2 years behind the meta. Nearly done with painting my 2 list though.

Also hell if a lightbox doesn’t maximise your flaws!

Awesome bright Grimking. Thanks for sharing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Monsterpocalypse is a loving blast, you guys

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

S.J. posted:

Monsterpocalypse is a loving blast, you guys

Strongly agree, though Guard's tanks are little jerks with high defense whom I always seem to miss! :mad:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I loving love MonPoc but it doesn't seem to be getting too much traction around here. :( When I have a more set schedule I think I'll try to demo it (after I paint everything up)

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Oh my god I loving love those Heavy Infernal Horrors holy poo poo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm super excited about Infernals and they might be the first non Circle faction I pick up in earnest.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

FrostyPox posted:

I loving love MonPoc but it doesn't seem to be getting too much traction around here. :( When I have a more set schedule I think I'll try to demo it (after I paint everything up)

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Oh my god I loving love those Heavy Infernal Horrors holy poo poo

I just started a league up and it's been helping a lot. I gotta make sure to order a lot of whatever their next league kit is though, because Isle of Annihilation is out of print. Planet Eaters are so much drat fun.

Infernals look insanely cool. I don't even want another faction but I'm going to end up buying them all to use as D&D bad guys anyways so gently caress me I guess

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Selling a large Skorne army (>$1500) and a Grymkin army at fire sale prices, any takers?

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Gorefiend posted:

Selling a large Skorne army (>$1500) and a Grymkin army at fire sale prices, any takers?

I might be interested in then Grymkin. Do you have a list of what you have and what you want for it?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

I might be interested in then Grymkin. Do you have a list of what you have and what you want for it?

Warlocks:
King of Nothing
Heretic
Child
Wanderer
Dreamer

Warbeasts:
Skin and Moans x 3
Cage Rager x 2
Gorehound x 2
Rattler
Frightmare
Crabbits x4

Units:
Dreadrots x2
Hollowmen x2
Piggybacks x2
Murder Crows
Twilight Sisters

Solos:
Witchwood x2
Trapperkin x2
Lady Rose
Lord Longfellow
Glimmer Imp

Death Knell

Muse on Minis token set.

Looking for 400 plus shipping.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Gorefiend posted:

Thanks. It’s tempting, but I’m going to pass for now.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Workin' on Hutchuk, because he's the only Minions model that's been putting in work for me recently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

counterspin posted:

Workin' on Hutchuk, because he's the only Minions model that's been putting in work for me recently.

This dude is super badass looking and I love your choice of colors!

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I got a game in with my kin against some lazy slobs unpainted Skorne.

I lost super hard, though I did get accursed to go off against an all construct army.

I also got to do this -

Mischief!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

koreban posted:

What would that look like at 45 and 60 points? This is a journeyman league progression.

My question got lost by infernal devchat mayhem.

Posting here because I have basically 24 hours to put something together and I’m finding almost zero searching for lists on forums.

Also, malakov’s been seen exactly once in an event listed on conflict chamber from back in 2017, so that’s not even a good resource.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I've been messing around with Skorne while playing over vassal and my experience has been strange. I love their beasts and everything else I've tried feels ok to great, but their casters have mostly rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not sure if a lot of them are just weird and hard to play, but most of the casters I've tried so far (Hexeris1/2, Mordikaar, Morghoul1, Naresh, Rasheth, Xerxes1) have rubbed me the wrong way. Makeda1 and Zaadesh both felt fine, but all the others felt like they either weren't doing much, or had some awful flaw that made them hard to get used to. Granted I've only played 1-2 games with each, but that's been my Skorne tourism experience.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Skorne casters always seemed to be like you need a decent settling in period before you really get to grips with them. I honestly don't think they have much in the way of bad casters, especially now that they have arc node support.

Today I got beat up by Armodax. gently caress Armodax. Also I need to be more aggressive with my Planet Eaters in general, and probably should just say gently caress it and put a Martian HQ and Terra Heights in my list, those things are sick. I'm thinking thanks to Rogzor running 2x Corporate HQs and just going for power dice denial seems legit.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I need that King Kong monster and then I can see what I want to pair it with. Thing just looks stupid fun.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I need that King Kong monster and then I can see what I want to pair it with. Thing just looks stupid fun.

I can't wait until those guys, for sure. The things I'm most looking forward to is Uber Corps and the no-unit factions, though, I really wanna see how they handle

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Just had a game with Rogzor and Mothership versus Sky Sentinel and Defender X. I had a great plan to have Rogzor snipe out his one guard base in spawn surrounded by units and have the Mothership chuck Sky Sentinel out of the way into a double building hit, but both of them flubbed a 12 dice roll and things get out of hand from there.

First game playing Rogzor, I really like him so far. The passive increase for all your belchers really helps them fight enemy units. Not so sold on the Mothership though, lack of extra damage in some way when he flips over is rather unappealing compared to those that have it.

Hoping that some of the factions in the future come with more maps, too!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

fool_of_sound posted:

I've been messing around with Skorne while playing over vassal and my experience has been strange. I love their beasts and everything else I've tried feels ok to great, but their casters have mostly rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not sure if a lot of them are just weird and hard to play, but most of the casters I've tried so far (Hexeris1/2, Mordikaar, Morghoul1, Naresh, Rasheth, Xerxes1) have rubbed me the wrong way. Makeda1 and Zaadesh both felt fine, but all the others felt like they either weren't doing much, or had some awful flaw that made them hard to get used to. Granted I've only played 1-2 games with each, but that's been my Skorne tourism experience.

The only Skorne caster I ever played that was an instant I understand this was Zaal2.

There also isnt a lot of nuance with Zaal2. Apply immortals to face, force vengeance when you can, and don't give away models for nothing.

Skorne casters always have been less... amazing... I guess compared to other factions. Your caster isnt going to win the game for you often in Skorne, it's more likely that your army does.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I seriously can't think of a Skorne caster (barring the actual duds? Maybe?) That, if they were in another faction, wouldn't massively overshadow a good chunk of the native roster.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So Infernals.

Looks interesting. The Masters are really cool. They said the Horrors would be more fragile than equivalent beasts/jacks, and they weren't kidding.

But HOLY poo poo I am so into playing the Heart of Darkness theme. I hope that it actually works out and they don't have to scrap it.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Well looks like I sold my soul to the satans already. Without my consent.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

HR Double Judicator is quite a drug even if the turns take forever, but I need to make a new Kreoss2 list without a Shrine in it...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Just had a game with Rogzor and Mothership versus Sky Sentinel and Defender X. I had a great plan to have Rogzor snipe out his one guard base in spawn surrounded by units and have the Mothership chuck Sky Sentinel out of the way into a double building hit, but both of them flubbed a 12 dice roll and things get out of hand from there.

First game playing Rogzor, I really like him so far. The passive increase for all your belchers really helps them fight enemy units. Not so sold on the Mothership though, lack of extra damage in some way when he flips over is rather unappealing compared to those that have it.

Hoping that some of the factions in the future come with more maps, too!

Honestly I feel like Ares is one of the better Destruction monsters, especially once his blast gains the free extra moves. Lots of order-of-activation breaking utility, disruption, resource denial/capture, flight, the works. Also hovering over the Volcano on Isle of Annihilation so anyone who wants to deal with you has to take damage is hilarious.

FrostyPox posted:

So Infernals.

Looks interesting. The Masters are really cool. They said the Horrors would be more fragile than equivalent beasts/jacks, and they weren't kidding.

But HOLY poo poo I am so into playing the Heart of Darkness theme. I hope that it actually works out and they don't have to scrap it.

Infernals are loving LIT for real. The Heart of Darkness theme doesn't honestly interest me quite as much as pure Infernals because the Masters all look extremely hype to play. Especially big ol' Stompy boy, although I think he might be the weakest of the three. That being said, I'm genuinely wondering how this is going to play out practically - some of these combinations without their specific free solos and theme benefits aren't quite as scary. I think I'm mostly worried about the Crucible Guard casters, to be honest.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 7, 2019

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I've been pairing Ares with Gorghadra. One's subtle and tricky, and the other one just fucks your face up.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 7, 2019

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

So far for destroyers, Cthugrosh is my favourite. I really like the extra utility you get from regen to save him from chipping ranged shots, especially with meat slaves, protecting himself from getting thrown by blocking with summoned minions or telekinesis - which also can be used to push annoying enemies like tanks into flaming buildings. I'm going to have to give Deimos a go next time - blocking enemies from jumping over him sounds like it could be very useful.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm really wanting to do "pure" Planet Eaters because I just love the look of them so much, but god drat it's tempting to throw a pair of Task Masters and maybe a single spitter in there. I end up taking more damage from walking through hazards than I would like, and I think I'm going to put a Void Gate in my list regardless, so, yeah. Rogzor is amazing for sniping your opponents buildings out from under them if you can grab two Communications Arrays early on, especially. I feel like Planet Eaters can really just focus on generating power dice through nothing but destroying enemy units and sometimes buildings and that's so drat thematic I love it.

Honestly so far I don't think any of the monsters are actually bad. Defender X isn't standout but he's a solid resource generator with plenty of options.

The one thing that's loving me up right now though is just building placement, because it feels like only half or 2/3rds of your buildings are "good" choices that you're trying to take advantage of so you really have to curate your building selection toward a specific goal.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 7, 2019

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

S.J. posted:

Infernals are loving LIT for real. The Heart of Darkness theme doesn't honestly interest me quite as much as pure Infernals because the Masters all look extremely hype to play. Especially big ol' Stompy boy, although I think he might be the weakest of the three. That being said, I'm genuinely wondering how this is going to play out practically - some of these combinations without their specific free solos and theme benefits aren't quite as scary. I think I'm mostly worried about the Crucible Guard casters, to be honest.

That's a very valid point. I just really like the idea thematically. My main faction is Cygnar, anyway, so it's not like it'd be going too far out of my way to play Heart of Darkness sometimes. But yeah holy balls the Infernal masters are really loving cool, and I am going crazy over the Howlers. Like I don't even know which Master to start with.I'm leaning toward Zaateroth, but in my heart of hearts Omodamos calls to me because I enjoy applying brick to face.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

S.J. posted:

I'm really wanting to do "pure" Planet Eaters because I just love the look of them so much, but god drat it's tempting to throw a pair of Task Masters and maybe a single spitter in there. I end up taking more damage from walking through hazards than I would like, and I think I'm going to put a Void Gate in my list regardless, so, yeah. Rogzor is amazing for sniping your opponents buildings out from under them if you can grab two Communications Arrays early on, especially. I feel like Planet Eaters can really just focus on generating power dice through nothing but destroying enemy units and sometimes buildings and that's so drat thematic I love it.

Honestly so far I don't think any of the monsters are actually bad. Defender X isn't standout but he's a solid resource generator with plenty of options.

The one thing that's loving me up right now though is just building placement, because it feels like only half or 2/3rds of your buildings are "good" choices that you're trying to take advantage of so you really have to curate your building selection toward a specific goal.

Definitely agree on the utility of a spitter when you don't have flying monsters or units, though I did find it funny last game against sky sentinel, he really wanted to step on a fire to go hyper since he was stuck on 6 health, but since he's flying he can't intentionally take fire damage.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Definitely agree on the utility of a spitter when you don't have flying monsters or units, though I did find it funny last game against sky sentinel, he really wanted to step on a fire to go hyper since he was stuck on 6 health, but since he's flying he can't intentionally take fire damage.

That is legitimately hilarious and I love that visual. Just land, you loving robot!

FrostyPox posted:

That's a very valid point. I just really like the idea thematically. My main faction is Cygnar, anyway, so it's not like it'd be going too far out of my way to play Heart of Darkness sometimes. But yeah holy balls the Infernal masters are really loving cool, and I am going crazy over the Howlers. Like I don't even know which Master to start with.I'm leaning toward Zaateroth, but in my heart of hearts Omodamos calls to me because I enjoy applying brick to face.

Omadad is definitely my go-to. The model is just too loving good, and Synergy, an ARM buff, and an extremely offense oriented feat just seem to really play into the factions alpha-strike bent really hard, and I like that. I feel like Zaateroth might end up being the strongest because of the total control package, but who knows how well that ends up meshing with the way the faction plays at this point.

One thing I don't like after the first glance is the Masters seeming reliance on either the -5 range solo or the Wind Wall solo to prevent their casters from being shot to gently caress and back right away. The shield guards are nice but 6 points is steep.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 7, 2019

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
For Monsteracolypse, is there anywhere to view the monster and unit cards? I can't seem to find them.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

http://monpoc.net/MonpocListBuilder/MonPocBuilder.html

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

So the first new model for pigs in 2 years is locked behind a six month subscription, so... that's great.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
To be fair it’s an alt-sculpt of an existing model. No new rules or anything like that.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Farrow valkyries (December 2017) and the alt-sculpt brigand leader were more recent than 2 years, also.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I did indeed do my my math wrong.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
So I landed on Irusk2 for my JML list running in Jaws of the Wolf. Hilariously, I won zero games with Hark, but I've yet to lose with Irusk2. This is the final iteration of the list, I've been running this since 45 points, but here's the concept. It's probably much better at the mid-points levels, but I'd be curious what people think of it.

quote:

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Jaws of the Wolf

[Irusk 2] Supreme Kommandant Irusk [+27]
- Behemoth [25]
- Rager [10]
- Spriggan [17]
- Greylord Adjunct [0(4)]
Greylord Forge Seer [0(4)]
- Decimator [15]
Greylord Forge Seer [4]
- Decimator [15]
Manhunter [4]
Manhunter [4]
Yuri the Axe [0(6)]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

After being grumpy about the state of pigs for a while, as I'm sure y'all know, I decided to take a different angle at getting ham on the table.

Morvhana 1 - Secret Masters

-Woldwarden x 2
-Woldwyrd x 2

Stoneshaper
Wayfarer
Gobber Chef

Shifting Stones
Druids of Orboros(6)+UA
Farrow Brigands(10) + UA
Farrow Brigands (10)+ UA

Played this into CG, and fun fact, none of the supressor sprays work on the druids when elemental protection is up! So it essentially plays like an old Deneghra1+ merc shooting list, where you're abusing the fact your spells are debuffs to synergize with mercs/minions. Not sure about the wayfarer, as I ended up wanting more construct healing than I had, and Morvhana1 is deeply, deeply squishy, if sac pawn doesn't apply for whatever reason, so maybe it would be worth investing in a throw away unit to hang out and provide Sac Pawn protection, maybe bone grinders. Also, maybe Brennos in for one of the woldwardens?

counterspin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Took my pet list to a game against a Skorne sparing partner tonight. He spent the whole game apologising for the utterly absurd dice roll he got, while I was relentlesly shafted by mine. Well, with the exception of a stubborn MoW shocktrooper tanking a Bronzeback with tough rolls alone. I was fielding this, and while dices were unkind and I made some subpar moves here, up to the point I got clutch assassinated, I was giving as good as I took.
War Room Army

Khador - Ir2 AK

Theme: Armored Corps
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Supreme Kommandant Irusk - WJ: +27
- Juggernaut - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Kodiak - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)

Greylord Forge Seer - PC: 4
- Destroyer - PC: 14
Man-O-War Suppression Tanker - PC: 0
Man-O-War Kovnik - PC: 0

Kommandant Atanas Arconovich & Standard - Arconovich & Standard Bearer: 7
Man-O-War Bombardiers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
Man-O-War Demolition Corps - Leader & 4 Grunts: 14
- Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich - PC: 0
Man-O-War Shocktroopers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
- Man-O-War Shocktrooper Officer - PC: 4

THEME: Armored Corps
---