Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

General Dog posted:

Yeah, he's not John Ryhs-Davies or anything like that. (John Ryhs-Davies ranting about "Mooslems" is one of my favorite recurring bits)

I'm kind of it tired it coming at the expense of any other joke about John Ryhs-Davies, as much as he deserves to be dragged for the poo poo he's said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm kind of it tired it coming at the expense of any other joke about John Ryhs-Davies, as much as he deserves to be dragged for the poo poo he's said

I think about the Crystal Skull "SOUNDS LIKE BULLSHIT TO ME, INDY" thing often.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

General Dog posted:

Not all Republicans are Chuds, he strikes me more as one of the boring George Will types

Yeah he probably reads the exact kinds of NYT OpEd dweebs that Corbitt goes on Chapo to make fun of.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Following Dennis Prager is pretty damning but at least Mike generally leaves his politics out of his comedy. I grew up with the Mike Era personally although I do love Joel too

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/Dbrasco37/status/1101312408277172224

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
For a second there, I thought that was the book where IG-88 takes over the second Death Star and fucks with the Empiror by messing with the automatic door and the thermostat, but that was Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Old Star Wars EU was loving weird.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

For a second there, I thought that was the book where IG-88 takes over the second Death Star and fucks with the Empiror by messing with the automatic door and the thermostat, but that was Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Old Star Wars EU was loving weird.

Tales of the Bounty Hunters is also the one where Boba Fett is an autistic volcel.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Tender Bender posted:

Tales of the Bounty Hunters is also the one where Boba Fett is an autistic volcel.

PUT 1313 BACK IN PRODUCTION IMMEDIATELY

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tales of the Bounty Hunters taught me that Boba Fett is a loser and that Dengar FUCKS

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
To anyone who might have missed it, the Big Daddy Dispatch confirmed that the next Gleep Glossary will be tackling the backstory of our good friend Sebulba

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cool, I'm glad he was available.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFL5pQlnWQ0

Please god let the Breaking Dawn part 1 commentary come soon

Henker
May 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Didn't Boba Fett also officiate Dengar's wedding, who married a super hot chick?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Was digging the archives and re-listened to Surviving the Game, and as soon as the Busey impressions started I'm hurting my chest laughing so hard, it's an absolutely spot-on impression and captures the insanity of 90s Busey.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Easy Diff posted:

Was digging the archives and re-listened to Surviving the Game, and as soon as the Busey impressions started I'm hurting my chest laughing so hard, it's an absolutely spot-on impression and captures the insanity of 90s Busey.

I love their Busey very much. I think his monologue in this movie is legit very impressive. I’ve always thought he needs a good Tarantino role as one last big exclamation point on his career.

I think this is the episode where “we’re going to hell tonight!” was introduced too.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Relistened to the Traces Of Red ep today, and having followed the show from year one, I feel safe saying that the “Dominos insurance” riff remains easily one of the top five funniest bits they’ve ever done.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Thanks to this podcast Im no longer certain Gary Busey and Holly Hunter are two different people.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
After listening to the episode on Cobra I subjected myself to the movie. Now I'm listening to the episode again and laughing twice as hard. I have a problem.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

jojoinnit posted:

After listening to the episode on Cobra I subjected myself to the movie. Now I'm listening to the episode again and laughing twice as hard. I have a problem.

https://i.imgur.com/0U44I6y.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/RJ8Qer2.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/S9z5R6O.mp4

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

That was a weird thing for me. I was in a shop last week with pizza scissors available with all the other general kitchen items.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

jojoinnit posted:

That was a weird thing for me. I was in a shop last week with pizza scissors available with all the other general kitchen items.

Those are for cutting a whole round pizza into slices. Not... that thing Cobra is doing.

Also, got this vid to pop back up in my recommends that is relevant.
What Makes A Movie So Bad It's Good? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGoBx16xB0

Taking a pizza slice and cutting off the tip with scissors? Baffling and interesting. Or how Andrew put it recently, it's fun. Intentionally or otherwise.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I’ve said it in other threads, but Cobra is the over-the-too action movie that plays on a tv in the background of another movie as a parody gag, but it’s real and that rules.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Henker posted:

Didn't Boba Fett also officiate Dengar's wedding, who married a super hot chick?

He didn't officiate, he was the best man. Dengar and Boba Fett became best buddies after Dengar discovered Boba's acid-bleached near-corpse crawling out of the Sarlacc pit and was convinced by his girlfriend to nurse Fett back to life.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The next glip-glossary is everyone's favorite - Sebulba himself! I might up my pateron to the 8 dollar tire for this month .

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Poster's good. (Felipe Sobreiro's work)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I've finally got around to listening to the Nexus, which is great, but my one takeaway is that these Star Trek shows sound silly and bad.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
They are, but that's why they're good.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

So I randomly found out a guy I went to high school with way back in the day made this, and

uh

I think it deserves its own Nexus episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_mYZnQid0

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Next year for listener request on The Nexus I'm submitting some of the awful fan films they've paid original cast members to be in

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh man, the Buddy Brigade is great.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Oh man, the Buddy Brigade is great.

:yeah:

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
They all sound like Paul Giamatti.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Andrew's reaction to Steve breaking into song may be the purest befuddlement I've ever heard from him.

Also I think I might have been in a Buddy Brigade when I was a kid.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Buddy Brigade bit was fantastic.

Also I want them to do that Goldeneye tournament and record it.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Chiming in that all the Buddy Brigade incarnations throughout time was gold.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I recently joined the Patreon at the $5 level and I'm somewhat disappointed at the little content on offer. I don't care about Star Trek so I didn't go to the $8 level but I guess that's where stuff like the on-screen commentaries are? Are most of you at the $8 level?

Also the back episodes should be in the Patreon feed and not in Google drive or at least in both so I can play them conveniently. :colbert:

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 6, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

I recently joined the Patreon at the $5 level and I'm somewhat disappointed at the little content on offer. I don't care about Star Trek so I didn't go to the $8 level but I guess that's where stuff like the on-screen commentaries are? Are most of you at the $8 level?

I'm at the $8 level, it's good, and as per other goons in this thread the Nexus is good even if you're not a trek fan. As a Trek guy my opinion is probably tainted, but one of the gang isn't a trek person either (Cabin, I think), so you have your own stand in.

jojoinnit posted:

Also the back episodes should be in the Patreon feed and not in Google drive or at least in both so I can play them conveniently. :colbert:

:agreed:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Finally bit the bullet and signed up for the $8 level on Patreon. Can't wait to get into some Nexus and some obscure Star Wars aliens.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 6, 2019

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Looking up Tony kebbell was surprising. The guy who was really good opposite Paddy Considine in Dead Man's Shoes??
This is what happened to the guy? I loved Dead Man's Shoes and had literally no idea he was the Doom in F4 (and I saw that fuckin movie!!!)
Looking at his filmography it looks like hes had some solid roles at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Nexus episodes are easily among the best things the guys do, and as others have said, you don't really have to be much of a Trek fan to get into 'em.