Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Any tips for the incredible adventures of Van Helsing III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

sean10mm posted:

I just got Dying Light thanks to the big ol' Steam sale. Any basic tips for someone who knows absolutely nothing about it?

Just a small thing but I would start buying up all the crafting components from vendors every time you see them restock their inventory. The cost becomes insignificant even at the start of the game, and you'll be glad to have the extra bit of string or other materials when you start crafting.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I'm enjoying Battle Chef Brigade despite the fact I'm awful at puzzle games. It's getting tricky but I want to keep playing for the story/characters. Any advice? I'm mostly struggling in cooking contests with more than 1 judge but any tips that could improve my play would be appreciated.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Anything for Dragon Quest Builders that isn't on the wiki? It makes mention of challenges but I just beat the boss of the first world and haven't seen any mention of them in game.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

SoR Blaze posted:

Anything for Dragon Quest Builders that isn't on the wiki? It makes mention of challenges but I just beat the boss of the first world and haven't seen any mention of them in game.

The challenges for each world don't show up until after you move on to the next. They're able to be completed during your first run through, but they don't display until you move on.

Edit: I should mention that challenges only unlock more stuff in the free build mode. Just beating the world gets you a little, each challenge gets you more stuff from that world, and at least one challenge on each world gives you stuff you don't normally get in game, mostly decoration related.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. The original page holds up well here ( http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Tales_of_Vesperia ). The Fel Arms (ultimate weapons) entry can be ignored for this version since it's locked to postgame. Anyhow, here are my tips!

General Tips

• There are a TON of obtuse missables and some will lock you out of content. If you are worried about this, use a guide.
  • The Synthesis gift DLC will clutter your crafting tabs if you open everything at once.
  • The gift DLC is returned to you each playthrough.
  • Boss Fights have a gimmick called "Secret Missions" where completing these rewards you with extra loot.
  • Secret Mission 17 is missable. Stay at the Inn a few times when you are given canteens to cross the desert. You need Mother's Memento.
  • You can complete Secret Missions later in the game, but you will not receive any experience, gald, or loot from them.
  • Estelle can no longer become invulnerable in this version.

Gameplay

• Always carry Magic Lens and make it a habit to use them. Some bosses have to be identified twice since they have secondary phases.
  • Cooking gets better later in the game. Always be cooking. Regarding the two new characters, Patty has the highest success rate and Flynn has the worst.
  • The AI's strategy "Up to You" mostly only heals others at ~45% health.
  • While in combat, bringing up the menu and pausing will cycle your playable character.
  • Try to craft a Blue Sephira as soon as possible to help with Gald. The effect stacks.
  • One endgame quest requires you to have fled battle 50 times. You can work on this at any time.
  • Holding Up while using normal attacks will launch enemies. This is especially helpful when playing as Judy.

I can't stress it enough to use a guide if you have OCD when it comes to missables. Repede is a good dog and Judy is the best character to use, imo. The floor is lava.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

El_Elegante posted:

Any tips for the incredible adventures of Van Helsing III?
Get the Final Cut version; 3 is the lovely one and they finally cutted it into just two acts.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Thanks for the tip, I got this from Games with Gold as a subscription and while $45 for the trilogy is probably a good deal I don’t think I like aRPGs that much.

At least the game lets you respec easy enough.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Is it wierd that I reached a point in Dying Light where 90% of my problems are solved with the upgraded drop kick and the instant kill curb stomp?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

sean10mm posted:

Is it wierd that I reached a point in Dying Light where 90% of my problems are solved with the upgraded drop kick and the instant kill curb stomp?

Nope. Learning curve in that game goes from powerless to badass with a few key upgrades and a handle on zombie AI. FEELS GOOD DOESNT IT?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Nope. Learning curve in that game goes from powerless to badass with a few key upgrades and a handle on zombie AI. FEELS GOOD DOESNT IT?

Except when you get to the second area and quit out of boredom

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Also, the dropkick is just that awesome.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any tips for Moonlighter? Could've sworn some people had advice but it's not in the wiki.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Anything else for Dragon Quest Heroes 1 not said in the wiki? Thoughts on characters or grinding?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PJOmega posted:

Any tips for Moonlighter? Could've sworn some people had advice but it's not in the wiki.

This was posted recently, and I personally can't think of much more to add. It's pretty straight forward.

Barudak posted:

There are no real penalties for failure so unless you are absolutely dire at the game success is basically inevitable so no need to stress out about balancing the games two modes of play.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
My brother recommends investing in weapons with range - apparently, there are a lot of enemies that are hard to dodge and punish getting in close quite harshly.

Otherwise, there's apparently nothing much to say.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
One thing I can think of that you might miss:

There’s a little fenced off area just to the right of your shop. After you’ve killed enough of certain different types of enemy, pet/companion dudes that you can take into the dungeon with you appear there.

It’s been added recently apparently and doesn’t tell you that I can see, so if you don’t think/know to check, you’re missing out on a (little) bit of help.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My tip for new Dying Light players is to NOT take the vault skill, because it's easy to accidentally vault when you mean to do a drop kick. And drop kicks are the best.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

how good is dying light as a single player game? Annoying? Awesome?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Dying Light is good post-grappling hook.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

double nine posted:

It's good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

double nine posted:

Pretty awesome so far. It just plays like a single player open world survival horror game, I never used the multiplayer and it doesn't feel like it's "missing" anything.

Just realize you're going to be running away A LOT, by design. Even after you've gained some decent abilities and have some upgraded orange tier melee weapons, combat is more about picking your spots and using the environment.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Dying Light is my favorite zombie game for sure, and one of the best first-person (x)ers ever in my opinion. It feels fun at basically every level of gameplay, from always-scared newbie to horde-demolishing badass. And, as I already complained about once in this thread, as far as I can tell the game lets you know through the expansion that it could kill you anytime it wanted at night but was just going easy on you (like 4x the number of top-tier infected thrown at you; back to hiding indoors at night again!).

Maybe this is why there are a million more XP levels to gain, to give a final theoretical tier of badass that I never saw even with my fanatical love of the game.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Finally put a few hours into Subnautica this week.

- The game has a floppy disk looking icon that sometimes pops up in the upper right, this means you have a radio message waiting back at the lifeboat which usually has a new point of interest to explore. It'll also show the scanner icon in the bottom right if you're in scan range and pointing directly at something you can scan, even if you don't have the scanner equipped.

- Cooked fish spoil quickly, but live fish and cured/salted fish can be stored long term. Water doesn't spoil, harvested plant parts do.

- The game floods you with quartz and titanium early on, but you can't really utilize it in bulk until you get a habitat builder, which also gives you access to cheaper and more convenient storage than the fabricated outdoor storage boxes you start with. Resources are static and don't replenish, so you can focus on the rarer sandstone for copper/silver/lead then harvest the common stuff near the pod as needed.

- Some materials are harvested by hitting them with the survival knife, mainly plants and coral, especially the tube coral that's all over the shallows and used for bleach.

- Water is most important for travel range. Fish caught in the field can be eaten raw for food, but water needs a fabricator. Making purified water with the bleach yields a lot more than catching bladderfish and the resulting water packs into fewer inventory slots per oz too.

- On PC, 'R' lets you swap batteries on portable devices. Left shift is sprint, but only while walking.

- You can swap air tanks to extend dive times, but it freezes you while the inventory is open so it's only really worth it with upgraded >30 second tanks. Unequipped tanks also don't automatically refill, so make sure they're full before diving down.

yook fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 28, 2019

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Just had a quick check of the Cultist Simulator page, and it's a minor thing but this tip:

quote:

Health is important. Most negative qualities go away over time. Hunger and Afflictions instead permanently turn into Decrepitude, which cannot be removed. Ever.

is incorrect - Decrepitude can be converted back to Health later in the game, though it's not straightforward. The spirit of the tip is still correct, so maybe change it to something like this:

- Maintaining your Health is important. Losing Health to Afflictions/Injuries/Hunger is very difficult to reverse, and getting caught without any Health is game over.

I've also got a few tips that might work best under a separate category of 'these tips will make the early game much easier if you're struggling to break out of the initial survival loop' - they're not spoilers as such but IMO part of the experience is getting lost and losing on your first few attempts.

- You can check which Season is coming up next by looking at the bottom right corner of the Time tile. This lets you get ahead of problems like Fascination, Dread and Notoriety.
- Dreaming with Funds is most reliable way to generate Contentment to deal with Dread. Talking to your Hunter with Winter lore is the most reliable way to generate Dread to deal with Fascination.
- Initiating someone into your cult lets you burn an Influence card of any type, even if it doesn't match the Aspect of your cult. This is a very effective way to get rid of Dread, Restlessness and Fascination before they become a problem.
- Skill checks in the game all have the same difficulty curve - 10% success rate if your score in the relevant Aspect is <2, 30% for 3-4, 70% for 5-9, 90% for >10.
- You can re-hire Hirelings by Talking to them and using Funds as the topic. If you find one with a score of 5 in an Aspect, it's worth keeping them around.

That said, all those tips work better if you've already given the game a try and are struggling, so if they're not in the spirit of the wiki maybe it's best to leave them out.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm thinking about picking up Bendy and the Ink Machine. Is it as good as the reviews make it sound?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

I'm thinking about picking up Bendy and the Ink Machine. Is it as good as the reviews make it sound?

Nah, it's bad. It's very obvious they fell into the Youtube game theories scene as midway through (what would be Chapter 3) the narrative becomes less horror and more BioShock-y melodrama where characters monologue to the mute protagonist. And unless they did heavy patching with the complete edition the final chapter is practically unplayable as it bugs out every scene and there are no saves or checkpoints, it's basically a 60 minute long Half-Life 2 cutscene.

I can't even recommend playing the "demo" because the majority of the game's theme and style are a complete departure from the first chapter, right around the point where they advertise Bendy plushies in-game although they probably cut that out if the retail release merges the chapters together.

e: The game is very well received and I was burned by chapter 2 because I was expecting the horror tease in the first chapter. I'll just say if the idea of a BioShock Infinite style linear adventure (minus the shooter combat) set in this stylized world sounds attractive then try the demo. It's a great looking game but doing a heel turn when it was coming out every couple months and in such a buggy state was a drag.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 1, 2019

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Anything else for Dragon Quest Heroes 1 not said in the wiki? Thoughts on characters or grinding?

You shouldn't need to grind until the post game where Psaro will take you to goddamned school if you aren't up to snuff, at least as far as I remember. I generally tried to keep up with the side quests but I dunno how much difference that made.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Nyeehg posted:

So I'm enjoying Battle Chef Brigade despite the fact I'm awful at puzzle games. It's getting tricky but I want to keep playing for the story/characters. Any advice? I'm mostly struggling in cooking contests with more than 1 judge but any tips that could improve my play would be appreciated.

I'm not very far yet (Chapter 3) but my best results have been using the Cutting Board, Regular Pan and Slow Cooker. Get a bunch of what you need for one person and chop off all the bones and extra colours. Use the frying pan to make as many level 2 spheres as possible, removing from heat and adding more from the cutting board as needed. Ideally you want the whole thing full of level 2 spheres, trim off any lingering level 1 spheres. Put in the slow cooker and wait to serve until as many are at level 3 as possible. You can use sauces in place of trimming if it's only spheres you need out, not bones.

For your second judge just trim your bone and extra colours on the cutting board and cook as normal with the frying pan. By the time you've got that done nicely most if not all of the slow cooker should be at level 3. I haven't done a 3 judge mission yet, but I assume you will probably have to do two on the frying pan or maybe min/max your cooking times between slow cooker and pan. I will report back.

In general though for you combat equipment I would prioritize stuff that gives you extra mana, carrying space and health. For your ingredients equipment I like some sauces and the one that gives you 3 rainbow spheres if you have it. 3rd slot is basically up to you, but using a skill book allows you to get extra points if you fulfill the associated task. The low level ones give 25 extra points for completing the task. Not sure if they are worth it until the higher level ones. I think 3 sauces might be the best way to go if you can find them. Either way you should prioritize buying cooking equipment first.

Keep in mind that while cooking once an ingredient has been introduced it counts as added even if you trim out the bone or extra parts. It also counts as added even if you change its colour with sauces. This is a good way to make sure you have used the theme ingredient and also account for judges personal tastes. Sauces only change the colour of a sphere, not the level.

Oh, and if you didn't notice you can use L2 and R2 to stir instead of using right stick and use the D-Pad for moving. On PS4 at least.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 2, 2019

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
No one really asked for this but I'm bored and the remake is supposedly coming out Soon™, so I figured I'd write up a guide for Pathologic Classic HD:

-Time is always running out, except when you're on the map screen, the quest log/letters, or in a dialogue.
-You will receive one Main Quest every day that you must complete before midnight or else Bad Things happen. There will also usually be a few sidequests that are optional, but often interesting and occasionally rewarding. Sidequests in the second half of the campaign especially (except for in Changeling's route) will often contain crucial plot and/or character development scenes.
-Every so often, a spiral-shaped red glyph will appear in the bottom-left corner. This indicates that you have received a letter. Check your letters regularly, as they are usually the only source of instructions to trigger certain main and side quests. There's also a separate glyph that pops up sometimes to indicate that your quest log has been updated, usually after you complete a quest objective.
-The Bachelor's route is recommended for first-time players. He's ever-so-slightly less insane than everyone else, and he's also an outsider to the town much like the player, so he receives a lot of useful exposition early on. It's possible to play as the Haruspex first, but the difficulty curve for his first few days is inhumanly steep if you lack prior knowledge of the map and mechanics. You'll also be even more confused than what's healthy for this game, because the Haruspex is a local and is already familiar with the town's intricate customs, ergo no exposition. Finally, despite all the buildup in the other two routes Changeling's campaign is unfortunately rushed, unfinished, and excessively tedious to play. All but players starved for content are recommended to look up the plot on YouTube and/or wait for the remake.
-Go dumpster diving as much as possible to get trinkets to trade with. Exploiting hobonomics is key to victory. You can store items in a chest in your "home" area - this is especially useful for Haruspex, who can also permanently use the box in Aspity's place.
-Children love nuts and sharp objects and carry bullets and medicine. The youngest girls will on rare occasion carry the most valuable item in the game.
-Drunks need water bottles and give bandages, the best healing item in the game.
-Save often. Keep a save on day one handy if it's your first time playing.
-Entering and exiting a building will make exterior enemies despawn. This goes for enemies in the..."special" districts as well; note that all doors in these areas are unlocked by default.
-You can restore reputation by completing quests, donating to the destitute, easing the pain of the dying, and murdering criminals.
-You will eventually catch the plague. It will sap your health quicker and quicker the higher your plague meter is, and must generally be mitigated, not cured (unless you save scum.)
-Many types of townspeople (Young Girl, Old Man, etc.) will have new flavor text each day.
-Click on character portraits in dialogues for a little bonus.

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 2, 2019

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
What the hell, I'll make one for Rain World too. Now all my favorite games are covered. (Sorry for double post, I figured it'd be more legible this way.)

-Explore. Discover. There's no wrong way to go. If you're completely stuck, restarting from the beginning isn't as bad of a punishment as it might seem. If you want to be funneled in the right direction, follow the yellow guide's specific instructions.
-Rain World is a game that needs to be played on its own terms. The goal of the game is not to advance quickly from level to level, the goal is to live and learn your environment. You are not a hero, you are a slugcat. Take things slowly and cautiously at first. Many creatures want to eat you, but many creatures are simply curious.
-Drop items gently by holding down + the "pick up" button. Be careful not to do this on accident when hanging on a pole.
-Items in slugcat's right hand (left from player's perspective) will always be used/thrown/etc. first. Double-tap the "pick up" button to switch the items in your hands.
-Slugcat stomachs are impressively ironclad. They can eat almost anything if you're insistent enough.
-Slugcats are very spry and agile once you get the hang of them. They have lots of hidden moves, including backflips, rolls, and the like.
-Don't press the jump button underwater. It'll make you dash forwards, consuming a significant amount of air. The most efficient way to swim is to zigzag back and forth like a snake.
-The meter goes down when you die and up when you live.
-You've seen the symbols on the gates before.
-Pearls are quite valuable. Colored pearls especially have a special significance that no lowly scavenger would ever understand.
-In times of darkness, procure a light from the locals (if you still need one, that is.)
-At the end of the road, the wise turn back.
-The white puffball things in Farm Arrays are useful in a very non-obvious way. Experiment. If you can't stand Farm Arrays, there's an alternate path in Drainage System.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Centipeed posted:

I'm sweating bullets here I don't know if I can take much more of this hard sell. I got an email from a different company:

Hey this is from a while back, but I just wanted to say that sometimes when people are trying to buy something on the internet, they'll create a bunch of different fake potential buyers and spam the target with a range of wildly different options to manipulate negotiating power. No idea if that is a possibility here, but I've seen it before in different online used markets and auctions over valuable goods.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Olaf The Stout posted:

Hey this is from a while back, but I just wanted to say that sometimes when people are trying to buy something on the internet, they'll create a bunch of different fake potential buyers and spam the target with a range of wildly different options to manipulate negotiating power. No idea if that is a possibility here, but I've seen it before in different online used markets and auctions over valuable goods.

You're too late. Beforeiplay is now a Zombocom property.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

The Paper Trail thing in inFamous: Second Son is soooo not worth doing. They shut down all the online stuff so there's no context or variety for what you're doing which is pretty much padding the runtime with yet another chase and taking pictures from really far away because Delsin doesn't know how zoom works. If you DO decide to slog through it when you finally get to what it calls part 4 just head to that place with the giant fish sign in Market District. Originally you had to find a picture online so you knew to go there but that's what happens when you stupidly tie things to websites.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

PJOmega posted:

A few more things now I've finished this and feel like I can offer some proper advice:

Jellies and Crystals are crafting items that will drop across all four dungeons. They're used for potions and upgrading items. You almost certainly don't want to sell them - they're not worth much and they're far more useful for crafting than for their monetary value.

If you get to the third floor of a dungeon and open up a portal back to the surface, you must use it to go back as your next explore else it'll disappear and you'll have lost your money. In which case just use the merchant pendant as normal rather than paying extra to open the portal.

Since you can't access your inventory while enemies are on-screen, you can't access potions in your backpack either. So make sure you've a full stack in the item slot before entering a new room - it's embarrassing to 'run out' of potions when there's plenty in your backpack that you just can't get too...

The game gear checks you pretty hard all the way through. If you're finding a level hard, you probably need to upgrade your weapons and armour and then you'll find it much easier.

Apart from efficiency, everything cash-wise in the game can be dealt with by just doing another dungeon run (or five). Unless you're speed-running or something, you can't really make mistakes.

For that reason, the Hawker and Banker upgrades don't really offer too much. If you've got cash spare, fine. Otherwise don't worry.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Leavemywife posted:

It's very bad. They did a good job of building suspense in terms of the plot but the gameplay is absolute garbage and the ending is faux-highbrow poo poo. Most of the levels are fetch quests, including one particularly egregious one that is just a series of "find X items on certain elevator floor" fetch quests you go back to hand in over and over. Additionally, the enemies are dumb as rocks and will instantly lose aggro if you step into a hiding closet, even if they are two feet behind you and in clear view. It's almost comical, because the instant the animation stops playing the enemies go back to their wandering animation like they forgot what they came over for. Although it is for the best, since it would be unplayable otherwise seeing that almost the entire game is a linear corridor.

For me the entire game was an absolute slog that I put up with because I was invested in the idea and wanted to see the ending, except the ending sucked. If you are that invested then watch a YouTube video about it, because if you play it then you will be bitterly disappointed. They had a good idea and utterly fumbled it.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 4, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the page will have info on it, but what are some good advice for Final Fantasy VIII to have a normal playthrough without just turning a bunch of tents into curaga for 9999 HP or something.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Rirse posted:

I know the page will have info on it, but what are some good advice for Final Fantasy VIII to have a normal playthrough without just turning a bunch of tents into curaga for 9999 HP or something.

Biggest thing I can think of is that your ability to draw magic is based on your magic stat, so junctioning for magic helps boost your ability to earn new spells by drawing.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

CuddleCryptid posted:

For me the entire game was an absolute slog that I put up with because I was invested in the idea and wanted to see the ending, except the ending sucked. If you are that invested then watch a YouTube video about it, because if you play it then you will be bitterly disappointed. They had a good idea and utterly fumbled it.

Is there a decent LP of Bendy and the Ink Machine anywhere? I like the look but I don't think I could stomach actually playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rirse posted:

Your first two junctions are on your computer in the starting classroom.

Learn how the draw/junction system work; they are somewhat confusing but necessary to succeed.

Always try to draw from every enemy , particularly bosses and mini bosses. Be sure to draw from the robot mini boss that keeps coming g back in the beginning of the game; he has a healer junction you can draw that makes hidden save points appear.

Your SeeD rank doesn’t really matter; you’ll eventually have enough money for whatever you need.

The first junction you get, Quetzacotyl, has an ability called “card”; if you want to play a low level game (very fun and unique to FF8) or get super OP, the card functon is critical

At one point you’ll find a lamp that will get added as an inventory item. be ready to face a big boss enemy before you use the lamp (but be sure to use the lamp earlyish in the game).

E. Also, if you like triple triad but want to keep it relatively simple, just keep saying “no” when asked to play with “new” rules; eventually, after enough “no’s” the other person will simply acquiesce and play by your rule set.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 4, 2019