Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You don't think if he just kept quiet the Steelers would be more inclined to keep him? I think he knows he needs to keep agitating to get traded, because being a loud mouth that keeps making headlines is the only stick he has.

No, Art II said he can't see AB in the locker room next season a months before he asked to be traded. Seems to me the die was cast the minute he walked out of the stadium at halftime in week 17.

The GM Colbert keeps repeating AB won't be traded for nothing, nor will he be cut under any circumstance, but AB keeps saying crazier and crazier things on t.v., making that harder and harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

No, Art II said he can't see AB in the locker room next season a months before he asked to be traded. Seems to me the die was cast the minute he walked out of the stadium at halftime in week 17.

The GM Colbert keeps repeating AB won't be traded for nothing, nor will he be cut under any circumstance, but AB keeps saying crazier and crazier things on t.v., making that harder and harder.

Except that the Steelers have a history of selling low on malcontents. So I don't really believe that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

purkey posted:

The offensive line cratered due to injuries, and they have awful receivers as well.

Yeah as of this moment I don't see it as a great landing place for Foles. I'd like to see what they get up to in the draft, there's a chance that between that and injured players coming back they could put something decent together.

That chance is very small though. The bad hosed up juju is strong with this one. Like someone else mentioned it's like the Rams all over again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was Rosen really that bad last year?

Absolutely. Yes, the Cardinals offense was hosed up, especially the offensive line. And that doesn't really play to his strengths as a pocket passer. His mobility isn't great. His accuracy was terrible and if you're charitable I guess you could claim that the pressure was the primary reason for that. He struggled to throw catchable balls all season but everyone on that offense looked out of rhythm and confused. The coaching was horrible.

Let's put it this way: if he goes to the Patriots he'll be mopping up in a couple years, somewhere else and he could turn into a solid starter. He also has a chance to bust out. Personally, I would pass.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

So he won’t be with the team next year, but they won’t cut him, but they also won’t trade him for nothing? I mean, it seems like those statements are all working at cross purposes. If they don’t get a good offer (which they might not because everyone knows they want him gone) what are they gonna do?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

We've probably thought about this harder than Antonio Brown. I don't think there necessarily has to be some strategy behind this. It's well known that Brown is a bit of an egomaniac and he does say dumb things occasionally.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Players all want to choose where they play. AB just trying to get himself released/cut by the Steelers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I don't think the Steelers have any urgency in pulling the trigger on a trade until the literal last minute

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Do it cowards go all in on this roster

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1102623074871136256

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Tannehill to Antonio Brown in Washington all the way to the Super Bowl bitch

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do it cowards go all in on this roster

hell why not

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ah yes clearly the missing piece in the washington football organization was *looks down at paper* a lovely dolphins qb?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

axeil posted:

ah yes clearly the missing piece in the washington football organization was *looks down at paper* a lovely dolphins qb?

what does any of this have to do with top ten NFL QB Ryan Tannehill?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't think the Steelers have any urgency in pulling the trigger on a trade until the literal last minute

By then everyone will expect the Steelers to cut him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

It makes a lot of sense to be honest.

Tannehill is better then his reputation and Washington needs a QB until Alex Smith is healthy / or preferably to replace him, and a desperate bid to save Gruden's job.

Tannehill on a prove it deal is one of the few things that can save his job. It's not like the East is some murderer's row to overcome.

I think I'd much rather have Tannehill on that deal then say, whatever nonsense the Jags are going to give Foles.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

What better place for a QB with a recent history of leg injuries to go than Washington?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm sure the Dolphins are going to pretty much give Tannehill away so if you're the Redskins, why not?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I'm sure the Dolphins are going to pretty much give Tannehill away so if you're the Redskins, why not?

Washington has no cap space

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"I'm better than my reputation" is what dudes in Tap Out shirts and white sunglasses say to girls at the bar

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Washington has no cap space

Ah come on, it's nothing new for Washington to put themselves in cap hell by pushing some contracts back.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Tannehill is better then his reputation

Print the shirts

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

N my reputation's never been worse so
U must like me for me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

gently caress it,

Tannehill is better then Foles, prove me wrong.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Super Bowl MVP vs guy voted "a football player on the team" by his teammates?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*lays out two dishes in front of you* prove to me that this dirt tastes better than this other dirt. i dare you *is a big fan of a third, unrelated type of dirt*

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

gently caress it,

RINGZZZZ

I always hated that argument but I gotta admit it's fun to use

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Foles is Championship Calibre and can put a team and city on his shoulders and dick.

I wouldn't trust Tannyhill to boost my car in the Canadian winter without him crying and falling apart

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

gently caress it,

Blink twice if Ehud has hacked your account

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

gently caress it,

Nick Foles' best season is far superior to Tannehill's.

The best thing you can say about Tannehill is that the floor is pretty high. He's consistent. Unfortunately he's consistently about the 20th best QB in the league.

Foles is the opposite.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 4, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

N my reputation's never been worse so
U must like me for me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Nick Foles' best season is far superior to Tannehill's.

The best thing you can say about Tannehill is that the floor is pretty high. He's consistent. Unfortunately he's consistently about the 20th best QB in the league.

Foles is the opposite.

Nick Foles good season was so long ago Peyton Manning was shredding the league. Since then he's had a couple of great games at the perfect time surrounded by a lot of pretty lousy play.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
nick foles' 2013 is the most statistically anomalous season, not counting that one year we thought derek anderson was good

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Tannehill has a really pretty deep ball, but can't hit intermediate passes. Foles has no arm strength and hucks rainbows.

If you could somehow meld them into one guy, they'd be pretty deadly

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Yea but how...ya know...big...is Ryan Tanneyhill?

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Nick Foles good season was so long ago Peyton Manning was shredding the league. Since then he's had a couple of great games at the perfect time surrounded by a lot of pretty lousy play.

Foles is certainly Jekyll and Hyde. But I think getting that kind of QB and hoping their hot streak hits at the right time is a better recipe for a championship than getting some middling QB who tops out at 15th best in the league.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Foles could cuck Tanny the most important factor.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
foles had those hot streaks because the eagles had great offensive personnel. assuming the same happens in jacksonville is a fool's gamble.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

nick foles' 2013 is the most statistically anomalous season, not counting that one year we thought derek anderson was good

Remember Matt Flynn

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Remember Matt Flynn Billy Volek

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Cassel's 2008 and 2010 campaigns were some pretty good fool's gold too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Add Josh Freeman to the list.