Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

He was one of the best parts of this drat show when I was still watching. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I just read the news. This loving sucks

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
this loving sucks rear end

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Wow this sucks

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Again, he was 52. Jesus...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:qq: I just texted the article to my wife and she immediately gave a thumbs down. That is so tragic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
52 is so drat young.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is just too sad. Too young, for sure.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
So young. Really sad.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
https://twitter.com/davidiserson/status/1102637377892233216?s=19

Dude owned both in real life and as an actor. rip

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I’m struggling to see how the show goes forward without him. Fred kept the show anchored and I can’t see them recasting Luke Perry.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This owns bones. Now I'm even more bummed.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Edmund Lava posted:

I’m struggling to see how the show goes forward without him. Fred kept the show anchored and I can’t see them recasting Luke Perry.

Without Fred to ground him, Archie will engage in a frenzy of learning new combat styles to engage bigger and bigger animals in hand to hand combat. If Dilton we’re alive, this would culminate in Archie shootfighting a T-Rex.

/ Farewell, Reverend Cloutier.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That's a great story. Why would Luke Perry even be at a writer's strike? Good for him.

Happy he had late success with Riverdale. Seemed like a good guy by all accounts. It's a shame.

Edmund Lava posted:

They can't recast him. Maybe they'll mention in passing he was abducted by aliens.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 4, 2019

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
terrible news. but the show can easily roll with it imo.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Zane posted:

terrible news. but the show can easily roll with it imo.

The bear that tried to kill Archie tracks his scent to Riverdale and kills Fred as revenge for Archie escaping him. Archie continues to train his boxing so he can beat the bear that killed his father in the middle of the ring. Hiram Lodge tries to rig the fight by shooting the bear full of fizzle rocks and betting against Archie but Veronica counters her father’s actions by shooting Archie full of Bear testosterone. Archie overcomes the bear that mauled him and murdered his father.

And Betty’s mom throws another baby in a fire or something. I don’t know. RIVERDALE!

RIP Luke Perry :(

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Happitoo posted:

The bear that tried to kill Archie tracks his scent to Riverdale and kills Fred as revenge for Archie escaping him. Archie continues to train his boxing so he can beat the bear that killed his father in the middle of the ring. Hiram Lodge tries to rig the fight by shooting the bear full of fizzle rocks and betting against Archie but Veronica counters her father’s actions by shooting Archie full of Bear testosterone. Archie overcomes the bear that mauled him and murdered his father.

And Betty’s mom throws another baby in a fire or something. I don’t know. RIVERDALE!
So what happens in the second half of the episode

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
No words. He seemed like the nicest, most down-to-earth actor I can think of.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is from Reddit but it made me smile anyway:

ugh posted:

In the early 90’s, I was visiting my friend who lived on her sailboat in Marina del Rey. Hungover one morning, we hear someone get on the boat and it started moving and making waves.

Angry, we stumbled out to find out who was torturing us. It was Luke Perry! They were filming in the marina and he was wandering around killing time.

He was so nice and he felt so bad that he went and got us a giant cooler full of food from Craft Services.

RIP, Luke Perry.

And RIP my childhood, really.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
My girlfriend met him when he was campaigning for a local politician and an old friend of his, Sherrod Brown. She says he was a real chill/humble guy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just found out Luke Perry died (from the Simpsons meme thread of all places). It's a real downer, dude seemed super nice and was in great shape, I don't think anyone saw this coming.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Whatever they do it can't be as tasteless as when Glee killed Cory Monteith's character off screen when he died and had a funeral episode capturing the actors' genuine grief

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I don't know, that sounds exactly like what they would do on Riverdale.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

1glitch0 posted:

That's a great story. Why would Luke Perry even be at a writer's strike? Good for him.

Happy he had late success with Riverdale. Seemed like a good guy by all accounts. It's a shame.

I know he was also super supportive of his sons pro wrestling career and got to see him make it to the big leagues and cheer him on at a show before he passed which is both :smith: and :unsmith:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dunno if anyone else has listened to the Don't Cry Me a Riverdale podcast, but this makes their "If Fred dies we riot" phrase take on a much worse meaning :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fartington Butts posted:

Dunno if anyone else has listened to the Don't Cry Me a Riverdale podcast, but this makes their "If Fred dies we riot" phrase take on a much worse meaning :(

I mean I think somebody else mentioned it, but Riverdale just lost its sole bastion of sanity.

I wonder how this affects the close of the season. If Empire wrote Smolett out of the last two episodes due to, ahem, potential scheduling issues, Luke Perry and his dumb stroke probably just dryfucked the finale. I'm hoping his role was going to be minimal to none so they can write him out cleanly for now and figure out what to do long-term over the hiatus.

I feel like recasting the part would suck donkey dick, but I wouldn't be too mad at them if they go that route. Without Fred grounding everybody, Riverdale turns into a circus sideshow. It would be awkward as gently caress if some minor character suddenly has a very important parental unit (or we meet a new teacher or whatever) who's circumspect and loves the main characters for some reason.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Could possibly have Ringwald take over that space, but given how little she’s appeared so far now sure she wants to be in the show full time.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Her kids are old enough to watch the movies she made in the 80s, so actually that seems possible. Good call.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fred’s never mentioned brother comes to river dale to figure out and avenge his death.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Fred’s never mentioned brother comes to river dale to figure out and avenge his death.

Is he played by Brian Austin Greene?

E: or Kyle MacLachlan?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

E: or Kyle MacLachlan?

"Uncle Cooper, what are you doing here?!"

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 5, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
RIP Poncey

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

terrified of my bathroom posted:

I know he was also super supportive of his sons pro wrestling career and got to see him make it to the big leagues and cheer him on at a show before he passed which is both :smith: and :unsmith:

I had no idea his son was a wrestler until this happened and read articles that were posting tweets from Joey Ryan and Zack Ryder. That's really cool.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Just film Riverdale’s version of The Body. Archie comes home one day and finds his dad dead of a stroke. Then Archie fistfights the personification of hypertension. Hiram Lodge tries to make money off of it in some unnecessarily convoluted way. “I just bought shares in several pharmaceutical companies, Mija. We don’t make money curing people, only treating them.”

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Eej posted:

Whatever they do it can't be as tasteless as when Glee killed Cory Monteith's character off screen when he died and had a funeral episode capturing the actors' genuine grief

Oof yeah that was bad. They didn’t even bother to explain why he’d died. They may as well have done ‘Finn died on the way back to his home planet.’

At least the show ended before the other guy was outed as a pedo and killed himself.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe Fred’s death will galvanize Archie into becoming the reasonable moral centre of Riverdale. But probably not.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is he played by Brian Austin Greene?

I'm okay with this. He was great in the Terminator TV show.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
RIP Luke Perry. He was great and will be sorely missed.

Imo the current generation is going to reenact the Midnight Club only for Archie to learn he was absent from his dad's passing just as Fred had been as a teen

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

After thinking about it, Fred should die after getting into a car that is rigged to explode while Archie looks on. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

I'm going to change my thoughts. Fred should continue to live even though Luke Perry has died. Archie can have one-sided conversations on the phone with his dad. Other people can make reference to Fred having just been there and Archie just missed him. Fred can leave notes for Archie on the fridge etc. etc.

Then the season finale it turns out everything for the past 2 seasons were a dream because Archie had been in a coma for the past 2 years due to being shot by the black hood at the same time as his Dad and his dad had died then. Then Archie spends all of season 4 trying to get his music career off the ground while sleeping with the last member of the Pussycats.