Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Deadguy2322 posted:

I got my Vita for free, but even still, the price on the kiddie tablet is $150 more here than the Vita was at launch.

haha cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Glad you had a good experience as well. :)
The vita screen is pretty resilient, just not perfect.
Thanks, i'm german and we do it the other way here, so it's hard to keep track of.

My comment on the Vita is kind of a suggestion to snap them up if you're interested in getting one at a reasonable price while they're still available, and the Japanese ones on eBay mainly looked to be in very good condition generally as I browsed a lot of listings before making my selection (as opposed to some of the second-hand options available here in the US.) Now I have my original 1st-gen and now a 2nd-gen Vita (for the hell of it) which I admittedly only rarely use, for PS4 remote play.

The dollar-sign comment was actually made under the assumption that you were American, because plenty of people here inexplicably make that mistake despite the fact that 100% of the purchases they've ever made in their lives have reflected the correct currency sign-amount order because retailers all do it correctly (the same goes for any sort of banking, investing, tax filing, etc.) It's just a pet peeve of some of us who see people make that mistake when there's really no reason for it. If you're German, that makes it especially confusing though because, as far as I know, you guys use the Euro, and the Euro symbol also goes to the left.... :confused:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadguy2322 posted:

I got my Vita for free, but even still, the price on the kiddie tablet is $150 more here than the Vita was at launch.

Lol @ the Switch being a kiddie tablet, don't you know it's getting all the anime tiddy VNs the Vita got?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Mithaldu posted:

Thanks, i'm german and we do it the other way here, so it's hard to keep track of.

If you're wondering how you should do things "American," just do them the opposite way you'd do them normally.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

what is vita?

NOT KIDS' STUFF

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll buy a Switch when it stops being almost as much as a PS4 Pro here. I hope my Vita memory cards will never die, though :japan:

Atomizer posted:

The dollar-sign comment was actually made under the assumption that you were American, because plenty of people here inexplicably make that mistake despite the fact that 100% of the purchases they've ever made in their lives have reflected the correct currency sign-amount order because retailers all do it correctly (the same goes for any sort of banking, investing, tax filing, etc.) It's just a pet peeve of some of us who see people make that mistake when there's really no reason for it. If you're German, that makes it especially confusing though because, as far as I know, you guys use the Euro, and the Euro symbol also goes to the left.... :confused:
Duden recommends currency signs go to the right in continuous text because that's how you read the text. Putting it before the number is optional if it helps readability of lists or when it's used in finance, eg. Other languages have similar rules or recommendations. English is special :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

:same:

But seriously any kind of decent otome localization and I'll consider it. So far it's been a collection of sad ports and games I already played.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

U-DO Burger posted:

what is vita?

NOT KIDS' STUFF

Well, it doesn’t have brightly-coloured plastic chunks hanging off the sides, at any rate.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deadguy2322 posted:

Well, it doesn’t have brightly-coloured plastic chunks hanging off the sides, at any rate.

No, it just comes in a variety of brightly coloured plastic models instead?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

imagine being so ridiculously insecure that you feel your very adulthood is threatened by playing video games on a system that is not pitch black

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Would be adult enough?

Asking for an insecure friend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have the grey joycons because that's all they had when I bought one :(

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
joylesscons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why has Hatsune Miku been boycotting the switch

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I have the grey joycons because that's all they had when I bought one :(

I deliberately got the neon ones because they're obviously more fun.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

she's waiting until developers master programming the joycon controls for a more realistic head petting experience

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

because nintendo didn't hire hatsune miku's good friend david letterman to be their spokesman

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

They have to port the engine, I doubt the 3DS Project Mirai code would work.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Is there the potential of the Vita-specific section of the Sony store being shut down (i.e. for game downloads?) Or is it likely that they'll maintain it since the infrastructure is already in place, mainly for PS4 content? I'm trying to figure out if I have to hurry to get games I might want before they shut it down.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS3 is still up and that's deader than the Vita so I wouldn't worry about it for a while yet.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Judging by what happened with the PSP, it's likely to be shut down at some point in the next few years, but there'll almost certainly be an announcement in advance of it happening.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It should be up for as long as PS+ is up. If you have an active subscription and a linked system, that should be honored.

Will it? Of course not.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1102577885305397248?s=19

Truly, the Switch is the new Vita.

EDIT:

Also

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1102586918334652417

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 4, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stop following PA.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Deadguy2322 posted:

I love my Vita, but I will fuckin' cut a bitch who disses my sweet case modded Switch:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That switch looks dumb as gently caress.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Waltzing Along posted:

:thunk:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Turn your monitor on, Switch.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

He isn’t wrong.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's good actually.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

It’s dumb and awesome at the same time

Which is to say, it’s 90s a f

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeah it owns, reminds me of those see-through game boy colors

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1105146176645455874

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Wait is that going to be based on the original game that the vita series was a sorta sequel to?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Wait is that going to be based on the original game that the vita series was a sorta sequel to?

yeah it's a remake of the original game, came out in Japan last year

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
boys get any games in this big sale? got some titty games and that Mary nightmare poo poo...

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

John Romero posted:

boys get any games in this big sale? got some titty games and that Mary nightmare poo poo...

Didn't know there was a big sale! I'll go and have a look now JR...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Deadguy2322 posted:

Mine is black, so, I dunno what to tell you man

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mine is black, so, I dunno what to tell you man

Welcome to weeks ago, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Only game on sale I want is a digital edition of Castlevania Rondo. Tempting, but I've got an iso of my physical copy on the PSTV already.