Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

heard u like girls posted:

God bless this guy

If only Bethesda would put this much thought and effort into anything

I like to think that his current, uncommentated videos bring him joy to make, as opposed to the commentated ones which were apparently unenjoyable to make at best and elaborate acts of self-harm at worst. I certainly hope that he enjoys making them as much as I enjoy watching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:captainpop:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

xxEightxx posted:

Legit question about fo76 in the fo76 thread: does cripple affect the sb and sbq wings?

It's supposed to, but the big revision patch a few weeks back broke the effect. Also if they can't find a place to land they won't.

Also also the aforementioned patch broke how the SB Queen scales per player so she doesn't just get DR buffs for everyone actively fighting her, she gets it for everyone on the server making her potentially incapable of taking damage. So nukes are kinda useless outside of Glowing One farming.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

It's supposed to, but the big revision patch a few weeks back broke the effect. Also if they can't find a place to land they won't.

Also also the aforementioned patch broke how the SB Queen scales per player so she doesn't just get DR buffs for everyone actively fighting her, she gets it for everyone on the server making her potentially incapable of taking damage. So nukes are kinda useless outside of Glowing One farming.

It's hosed up that she gets buffed that much from just 4 people :smug:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Show yourself to this game Tei, expose yourself to the vault. You're gettin kicked through sorry can't stay in this shitposting vault experiment

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:sbahj:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:fry:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

But enough about Tei

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Wonder how long it'll take that person to figure out they're Henry Bemis .

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Father Wendigo posted:

Thanks. Did a sbq fight yesterday and it was poo poo. Barely got 25% of her health gone before the event ended.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

Deadguy2322 posted:

James Cameron’s accountant was.

Remember those two years when people liked 3D movies again. . .

FYI- we get one more of these, it bombs and we never here about this movie except on movie trivia night.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

highmodulus posted:

Remember those two years when people liked 3D movies again. . .

FYI- we get one more of these, it bombs and we never here about this movie except on movie trivia night.

The general hype and public sentiment about that movie was loving insane. People were gushing about it, mind-boggling amounts of people went to see it, then it all just loving vanished and now no one gives a flying gently caress about it.

It's like one of those mass hallucinations gripped the country and we all just shrugged and pretended it never happened. Gonna guess some James Cameron contract with the devil poo poo kicked in? Hell, I thought it was dumb as gently caress before and after watching it, but I still went with my friends to go see it in theaters. Crazy times.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

pnumoman posted:

The general hype and public sentiment about that movie was loving insane. People were gushing about it, mind-boggling amounts of people went to see it, then it all just loving vanished and now no one gives a flying gently caress about it.

It's like one of those mass hallucinations gripped the country and we all just shrugged and pretended it never happened. Gonna guess some James Cameron contract with the devil poo poo kicked in? Hell, I thought it was dumb as gently caress before and after watching it, but I still went with my friends to go see it in theaters. Crazy times.

I have come to the conclusion that this is just James Cameron now. The same thing is happening with Alita right now. No one will remember that movie in five years but fuckin EVERYONE I know is going to see it, whether they seem genuinely interested or not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Started up a new FO4 survival run and promptly got a legendary radoactive pipe gun and legendary armor piercing 10mm.

Another sub machine gun run it is. pew pew

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Alita was projected to bomb but it's well on it's way to half a billion dollars. People forget it's actually a Robert Rodriguez film, they see Cameron's name and just turn up

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Started up a new FO4 survival run and promptly got a legendary radoactive pipe gun and legendary armor piercing 10mm.

Another sub machine gun run it is. pew pew

Go get Spray and Pray

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I have never seen avatar

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mr Hootington posted:

I have never seen avatar

It’s a really good remake of Ferngully.

Edit: except it’s not as good as Ferngully and doesn’t have a lizard voiced by Tone Loc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Edit: except it’s not as good as Ferngully and doesn’t have a lizard voiced by Tone Loc.

Ferngully is great. I should rewatch it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

I have never seen avatar

:same:

My conclusion from having heard people talking about it at the time is that the only reason liked it was they were just wowed by the visuals.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mooktastical posted:

Go get Spray and Pray

That’s the plan because I love grenades but she’s not pathing through her route and the last time i saw her I only had 2k caps.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

Nor an incredibly sexually charged cloud of pollution voiced by Tim Curry

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

Or a zany bat with a television in he head, voiced by the late Robin Williams (pbuh)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Basically it's a really good remake of Ferngully except missing all the really great parts of Ferngully so just watch Ferngully instead

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The parts of ferngully that are missing in avatar were replaced with parts of Pocahontas

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Magmarashi posted:

Oh gently caress, that was Tim Curry? I never realized that!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

Oh gently caress, that was Tim Curry? I never realized that!

That's 90% of the reason the character is so sexually charged, honestly.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Donovan Trip posted:

The parts of ferngully that are missing in avatar were replaced with parts of Pocahontas

I would say it's Ferngully mixed with Dances with Wolves, but yeah it was a supremely weak script that I honestly felt a bit embarrassed for Cameron when he said in interviews he'd been working on it for a decade.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As Nero Danced posted:

I would say it's Ferngully mixed with Dances with Wolves, but yeah it was a supremely weak script that I honestly felt a bit embarrassed for Cameron when he said in interviews he'd been working on it for a decade.

He wrote it over a weekend then spent a decade working on the tech/vfx.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He wrote it over a weekend then spent a decade working on the tech/vfx.

It definitely shows, he should have at least looked over it again before they started rolling and realized how generic it was, but the movie kind of fell into the same trap as the star wars prequels where the technical aspects were more important than the story they were telling.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Cameron's entire body of work has been stitching together different source material and slathering it in fantastic FX / audio design / sharp editing.

Terminator is based on an episode of the outer limits (Cameron admitted it), aliens is entirely scene for scene derivative of Galaxy of Terror, a film he did FX work on in 1981. Not knocking the man, but he hasn't had an original idea in his life. His execution is exceptional.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Donovan Trip posted:

Cameron's entire body of work has been stitching together different source material and slathering it in fantastic FX / audio design / sharp editing.

Terminator is based on an episode of the outer limits (Cameron admitted it), aliens is entirely scene for scene derivative of Galaxy of Terror, a film he did FX work on in 1981. Not knocking the man, but he hasn't had an original idea in his life. His execution is exceptional.

i thought terminator was from a fever nightmare he had while lying on the couch?

(i heard he imagined a skeleton robot reaching a bony hand through flames trying to get to him)Maybe it was bullshit now i think of it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Terminator was based on a short story written by Harlan Ellison called "Soldier of Tomorrow". Ellison adapted it to tv for The Outer Limits and successfully settled out of court with Cameron for plagiarism. The credits of Terminator had to cite Ellison, as part of the settlement.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Watch Avatar (in proper 3D if you can) if you want to see a significant step forward in the technology of filmmaking, which is what Cameron excels at, not for anything else.

On topic, I tried playing my Steam copy of New Vegas and it crashed so hard my computer shut down. Fallout sucks.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I forget, did Falout 76 brick any systems? Because if not, Todd's gotta step up his game now that Anthem's the fuckup de jour.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I forget, did Falout 76 brick any systems? Because if not, Todd's gotta step up his game now that Anthem's the fuckup de jour.

It did not.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

:same:

My conclusion from having heard people talking about it at the time is that the only reason liked it was they were just wowed by the visuals.

thats pretty much it. It made an insane amount of money but has had almost no real cultural impact.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Crabtree posted:

there will be plenty of opportunities with the updates coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oragog
Feb 6, 2018

Crabtree posted:

There was the Beta uninstall issue on the PCs loving things up. So not quite bricking a PS4 bad.