Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Ooh, thank you very much. I'm in Europe, does that makes a difference for trading?

That depends when you can get online I suppose. I'll be available through today but I'll need your FC and IGN please.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Winklebottom posted:

Er, I have a random one I caught somewhere? :v

I purchased 25 perfect IV shiny dittos from the Japan region (one of each nature) for four dollars last summer, they all came holding destiny knots or everstones. idc if they're hacked, they get the job done.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

indigi posted:

I purchased 25 perfect IV shiny dittos from the Japan region (one of each nature) for four dollars last summer, they all came holding destiny knots or everstones. idc if they're hacked, they get the job done.

Got one off GTS fourteen minutes ago. granted it cost me a shiny palkia but eh.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

That depends when you can get online I suppose. I'll be available through today but I'll need your FC and IGN please.

FC: 2595-6117-3130

IGN: Darwin

I doubt I have anything you want, but do you want anything? :v

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Unironically would love a quad of legendary bugs based on the Beatles. I don't even think it's impossible.

Also a giant boar legendary.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

FC: 2595-6117-3130

IGN: Darwin

Okay I'm putting ya in now. If you'd like any additional shinies along with my contact information they're on page two. Feel free to grab whatever you'd like.

edit: Just give me anything that's easy to give away like weak bug pokemon or something,

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Okay I'm putting ya in now. If you'd like any additional shinies along with my contact information they're on page two. Feel free to grab whatever you'd like.

edit: Just give me anything that's easy to give away like weak bug pokemon or something,

You still got the Incineroar and Arceus lying around?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Sweeties here is the trading thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837723

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

indigi posted:

For some reason "I bought this stuff of dubious legitimacy from a foreigner on the internet to fuel my obsession" sounds like you may have committed a felony.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

You still got the Incineroar and Arceus lying around?

Yup, however the Arceus I have left are non shiny is that alright?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Unironically would love a quad of legendary bugs based on the Beatles. I don't even think it's impossible.

Also a giant boar legendary.

How about legends based off a good band instead

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Yup, however the Arceus I have left are non shiny is that alright?

Sure, thanks

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Sure, thanks

Alright I'm heading online now.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy, you're a goddamn hero. Can't thank you enough. Do you want plat or something?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Flopsy, you're a goddamn hero. Can't thank you enough. Do you want plat or something?

A what? Um..sure if you want to LOL It was my pleasure dude!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mandatory lesbian posted:

How about legends based off a good band instead

Why stop with just a good band? They already suggested the best band? Does Pokémon not deserve a Beatles reference?

:psyduck:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

A what? Um..sure if you want to LOL It was my pleasure dude!

Plat upgrade for the forums, you've thrown so many shinies at people you deserve something (and i think Lowtax still needs a new spine). Gonna need your mail though

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Plat upgrade for the forums, you've thrown so many shinies at people you deserve something (and i think Lowtax still needs a new spine). Gonna need your mail though

Okay, I'll give you my AOL account so forgive me if it sounds dumb as gently caress I've had since I was 14.

And sorry for asking because clearly I don't know how this works but what does a plat account do?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 4, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Why stop with just a good band? They already suggested the best band? Does Pokémon not deserve a Beatles reference?

:psyduck:

the beatles are nowhere near the best band granddad

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Okay, I'll give you my AOL account so forgive me if it sounds dumb as gently caress I've had since I was 14.

*snip*

And sorry for asking because clearly I don't know how this works but what does a plat account do?

Done, you can remove the mail now. Plat gives you access to forums search, private messages, being able to report posts, a shiny emblem next to your name, and a warm feeling that you helped Lowtax's spine.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think that making a legendary based on each of the Beatles is a great idea. Here is my preliminary design for the one based on John Lennon:

💩

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Done, you can remove the mail now. Plat gives you access to forums search, private messages, being able to report posts, a shiny emblem next to your name, and a warm feeling that you helped Lowtax's spine.

Oh neat! Is there a way I can get rid of the trump avatar or is that something else?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Flopsy posted:

Oh neat! Is there a way I can get rid of the trump avatar or is that something else?

That is a separate purchase. $5 for a custom title

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ariong posted:

I think that making a legendary based on each of the Beatles is a great idea. Here is my preliminary design for the one based on John Lennon:

💩

you forgot the part where its forever whining about how people aren't friendly to each other

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

That is a separate purchase. $5 for a custom title

Ah, ok. thanks for letting me know.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I wonder if there's gonna be that many British references or if it's mainly aesthetics

Flopsy posted:

Avatar changes are separate unfortunately, costs :fivecbux:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think anyone expecting real specific cultural references like the beatles or the queen having corgis is gonna end up disappointed

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

you forgot the part where its forever whining about how people aren't friendly to each other

You know what, this won’t work. Legendaries can’t breed, so it would never have a partner to beat, nor any kids to abandon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

I wonder if there's gonna be that many British references or if it's mainly aesthetics

Avatar changes are separate unfortunately, costs :fivecbux:

It's fine. Thank you for the account! :D

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i assume it'd be part fighting to represent the 'beating women' part, too

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where the gently caress is the Ringo pokemon.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Where the gently caress is the Ringo pokemon.

Yeah, it's absurd that we've had 7 generations with no train pokemon.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

They're probably saving the Beatles analogue for the anime so Ash can piss himself and faint in a crowd allowing Team Rocket a chance to nab Pikachu

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why's Team Rocket want Pikachu? Do they know he's a Let's Go special Pikachu with abnormal stats?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokémon france had the poodle i guess and also trubbish around every corner hahahaha

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SuperKlaus posted:

Why's Team Rocket want Pikachu? Do they know he's a Let's Go special Pikachu with abnormal stats?

sunk cost fallacy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kalos did not have a Mr. Mime on every corner, 0/10.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The pseudo-legendary of Kalos (Goodra) was also based on a French legendary creature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Carcolh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

Near as I can tell, it kicked their asses once during Jessie and James' first appearance (albeit with the help of several other Pikachu) so they came to the conclusion that it's abnormally strong and therefore worth stealing (and to be fair that's kind of true).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 5, 2019