Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
None of these free agency QBs exactly inspire confidence. Tannehill and Flacco are pocket passers who aren't all that good at pocket passing. Foles is similar although maybe throws a bit more of an accurate ball. Keenum will be available and we pretty much know what he is. Bridgewater never played amazingly and may not be available anyways. So there will be some teams here that end up with an undesirable situation.

If I was one of these teams I would absolutely be courting the Colts for Brissett, who at the very least hasn't reached his full potential yet. In the end though there will be several teams that will not get their QB situation sorted this offseason, which is fine. For Washington I'd be totally fine with them picking up Tannehill if they can get him for cheap, that team probably won't be too competitive next year anyways and at least with him they'd have a guy who can make NFL throws.

The Broncos are in way more of a poo poo situation. In some ways they are ready to compete at the highest levels, their defense won't stay good that much longer and they've already pissed most of it away so bringing in a guy like Flacco just seems like such an underwhelming and mostly doomed venture. He might be able to prove a small upgrade on Keenum, who really played poorly last year, but he's just not ENOUGH. John Elway, like a bizarro Mike Pence, has officially hosed the Broncos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DeMarcus Lawrence franchise tag'd again

Only the best deals with the dallas cowboys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/SportsRadio810/status/1102686354717196290

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
and Dorsey just got a stiffy. God do we need a competent pass rusher opposite Myles.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I feel like if your defense is full of holes, your first priority shouldn't be to add more holes. But I don't have my PhD in Chokeology

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Justin Houston didn't line up offsides.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

and Dorsey just got a stiffy. God do we need a competent pass rusher opposite Myles.

Ogbah and Avery are bums now?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bigass Moth posted:

Ogbah and Avery are bums now?

Ogbah loving sucks despite all the hype he gets. Avery looks like a situational/rotation guy.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

nick foles' 2013 is the most statistically anomalous season, not counting that one year we thought derek anderson was good

i feel weirdly vindicated that my vigorous nick foles defense back in 2013 ended up sort of being right as the guy won us a super bowl but only in the most strange and convoluted sense that involved him getting traded, our head coach getting fired, and our new QB tearing his acl.

quick someone post that post i made about chip kelly not getting fired now.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

I feel like if your defense is full of holes, your first priority shouldn't be to add more holes. But I don't have my PhD in Chokeology
How will they ever replace the 2 tackles, 0 sacks he produced in his last game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LiquidFriend posted:

How will they ever replace the 2 tackles, 0 sacks he produced in his last game.

Aaron Donald had one solo tackle and zero sacks in the Super Bowl. Clearly sucks and should be released.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Justin Houston is still good but he has a 20 mil cap hit this coming year and is unwilling to restructure, this is why KC couldn’t even get a mid round pick for him in a trade

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Aaron Donald had one solo tackle and zero sacks in the Super Bowl. Clearly sucks and should be released.
Yes. Defensive Play of the Year Justin Houston will be missed.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Justin Houston signed a landmark deal, then he got injured (actually screwed up his ACL), then the med staff had him wait until February to actually have surgery, then he spent like another year (or two?) just being a guy until he sort of pulled it together in the latter half of last season.

I like Houston, but he's a prime example of a guy getting a deal and falling apart. I'm not saying it's his fault, but there's a saying in Tennessee. Or Texas. Well, it's Texas, but probably Tennessee too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

https://twitter.com/SwansonE12/stat...%23post14134204

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes I'm sure the completely harmonious way that Houston was treated by Dorsey will make him seek out the Browns as a new team.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

With the exception of like 2 games in his post season career Brady never gets seriously troubled by the singular big name high profile pass rusher. It just doesn’t happen. Doesn’t mean that that pass rusher now sucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Houston and Mack together is a scary thought.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1102692855963926530?s=19

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

With the exception of like 2 games in his career Brady never gets seriously troubled by the singular big name high profile pass rusher. It just doesn’t happen. Doesn’t mean that that pass rusher now sucks.
You took that post a bit too literal. :shobon:

It's hard to keep someone for 21.5 million that's slipping, misses games every year and may not translate over well to a different Defense.

They might be better served paying money for some secondary that can cover. If he can land into a similar system and finally be over the knee problems, should be a fine pick up at a better salary.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Technically since he has dead money, about 7+ million of that is sunk cost. The real cost of keeping him is around $14 million, which may be still too high depending on your opinions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Pats will probably end up drafting TE Noah Fant out of Iowa and that dude will go on to be a 6 or 7 time Pro Bowler or something because of course the Pats will stumble into another outrageously talented TE.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Technically since he has dead money, about 7+ million of that is sunk cost. The real cost of keeping him is around $14 million, which may be still too high depending on your opinions.

Yeah, but there's also the two years after too.

Granted, next year we can cut Watkins too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hold the boat

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/...1628%26page%3D8

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gonz posted:

The Pats will probably end up drafting TE Noah Fant out of Iowa and that dude will go on to be a 6 or 7 time Pro Bowler or something because of course the Pats will stumble into another outrageously talented TE.

Bill hit on Gronk because his injury concerns made him drop to the 2nd round. He also hit on Hernandez that same year because he dropped to the 4th due to... concerns. But besides that every tight end that Bill has drafted in 20 years has been painfully mediocre at best. Ben Watson is the best of them.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Chris Jones likely getting a mega deal made it really hard to keep him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think she’s getting this from a fake Rap Sheet Twitter account. Literally, because I saw this exact info from it about ten minutes before she tweeted this.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

aka desperately attempting to recoup their costs and foist that outrageous contract on someone else

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/st...1628%26page%3D9

Sorry for the back and forth guys. Chiefs reporters are largely rear end.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ahahaha, 810 and Verderame. Suck it turds.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bill hit on Gronk because his injury concerns made him drop to the 2nd round. He also hit on Hernandez that same year because he dropped to the 4th due to... concerns. But besides that every tight end that Bill has drafted in 20 years has been painfully mediocre at best. Ben Watson is the best of them.

Watson never really lived up to his draft pedigree but he was still pretty good and a phenomenal athlete. I wonder what his career would have been like if he was drafted during the crazy pass attack era of the last decade instead of 2004.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Justin Houston to the Panthers to pair with Montez Sweat who says no

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Watson never really lived up to his draft pedigree but he was still pretty good and a phenomenal athlete. I wonder what his career would have been like if he was drafted during the crazy pass attack era of the last decade instead of 2004.

He was always a decent player from what I understood, it's just that a lot of his better years seemed like they came after he left the Pats.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He caught two TDs in the 2009 opener against the Bills in that crazy comeback that stole the Bills’ souls.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It looks like KC is more into trading Dee Ford.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1102709964303486977

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/Dick___Justice/status/1102698599119503360

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lol what is actually happening

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can’t believe we traded Tannehill for dee ford and earl Thomas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What the hell is this Twitter account?