Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm still holding out hope for Nevan. It's gonna happen guys, I can feel it. I can feel it... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If they sold a DLC pack that was just “all the weapons from DMC3” I wouldn’t balk at even $10 for it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Bust Rodd posted:

If they sold a DLC pack that was just “all the weapons from DMC3” I wouldn’t balk at even $10 for it.

Trish as a playable character with all the series' hand me down weapons would sell like gangbusters I suspect

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

Trish as a playable character with all the series' hand me down weapons would sell like gangbusters I suspect

Yes, this but Lady instead.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

whichever

I feel like there's a lot more room to give Lady her own distinct style than Dante's Robin, personally

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I want to play as Nico, but while she's still driving the van.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Buck Wildman posted:

whichever

I feel like there's a lot more room to give Lady her own distinct style than Dante's Robin, personally

Trish was the best character in DMC4. :shrug:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mordja posted:

Trish was the best character in DMC4. :shrug:

well I never

I actually never played as either of them in that so you could be right

E: I just watched some combo videos for them and I forgot that SSS rank was SMOKING SICK STYLE which made me laugh and renewed my enthusiasm for this

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 4, 2019

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JordevioFight/status/1102397082789392386

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
do you think they'll do the special edition version as a dlc instead this time? thats gotta make more sense these days right?

paid my pre-order anywho, lets rock.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:perfect:
For a second, I didn't see the "Journalist complains about the soundtrack" space (it's the one under the pizza).

No, seriously, :wtc: happened to all the video game reviewers on DmC? I've seen Jim Sterling going to bat on that, and the man sure as hell is not a sell-out.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omobono posted:

For a second, I didn't see the "Journalist complains about the soundtrack" space (it's the one under the pizza).

No, seriously, :wtc: happened to all the video game reviewers on DmC? I've seen Jim Sterling going to bat on that, and the man sure as hell is not a sell-out.

If you barely even have time to finish games let alone dump multiple playthroughs in, then DmC feels way smoother and way more open out of the box than 3 or 4

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

I want to play as Nico, but while she's still driving the van.

So basically like how Lady is Gunslinger The Character, Nico would be Cavalier The Character? Sick burnout combos on demons while driving a van?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lmao how defensive can you get

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lets hang out posted:

Lmao how defensive can you get

Space 1x2 is a doozy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SOMEone thinks Boy of War was overrated

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

do you think they'll do the special edition version as a dlc instead this time? thats gotta make more sense these days right?

christ I hope so, hate to think nobody else would be able to get the wacky guns/music tracks/cutscene replacements if we couldn't get deluxe

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I'm absolutely fuming over these reviews I'm imagining I wish you could see how bad they are

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

On the Steam page for the deluxe edition all the stuff has individual prices listed, which doesn't make sense if they weren't planning on selling it separately after launch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Peewi posted:

On the Steam page for the deluxe edition all the stuff has individual prices listed, which doesn't make sense if they weren't planning on selling it separately after launch.

didn't notice this, good to know--especially since it looks like you can pick and choose the stuff you want

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Buck Wildman posted:

SOMEone thinks Boy of War was overrated

It was.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I never played it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pomp posted:

Space 1x2 is a doozy

Meditating in the lotus position as I imagine feminist thinkpieces and get mad at them

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I'm absolutely fuming over these reviews I'm imagining I wish you could see how bad they are

I mean, have you seen games journos react to it throughout its development? They're absolutely not over how people still hated DmC after they praised it to the moon.

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/1079446798308175872

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DMCV is gonna be awesome who gives a single poo poo about some total loving nobodies on twitter!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm totally playing with the live action cutscenes

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

exquisite tea posted:

DMCV is gonna be awesome who gives a single poo poo about some total loving nobodies on twitter!!!

Agreed, seems like a bunch of poo poo-stirring to me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think it’s funny. DMC has always had a rough relationship from the gaming press, those are some highlights.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

all three characters look really cool and technically distinct and I'm hopeful that there will be more down the line

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

yeah seriously who the gently caress even is VGU.tv

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Imagine thinking about owning fake feminists.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/nagarenu5/status/1102528878260547584?s=19

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Someone apparently translated the DMC5 prequel novel exclusively released in Japan and uploaded a summarized version and even when they touched on how a guy like Agnus could get laid it doesn't make sense.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
His angelic sing voice p-p-probably helped.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Omobono posted:

There's also the fact that the loudest part of the fanbase got way the gently caress out of line and did poo poo like send death threats (not to mention the mountains of casual homophobia. We rightfully give NT poo poo for the Brokeback Mountain crack but if you wanted to die of alcohol poisoning at the time take a shot every time some proto gamer goober says that Donte looked "gay", as in he looked like a gay man). This kind of gave the game a bit of an underdog quality to it and I imagine that game journalists have to deal with these kind of assholes enough that something that enrages them is going to gravitate them out of spite. Not to mention if your job is to Play All The Video Games something new and ambitious is probably catnip to you, which tends to be a trend among all critics. Plus your job is to give information to the average consumer, not just diehard fans of the genre. It's pretty easy to see why the game became a critical darling even if the fanbase hated it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They were giving misinformation and uninformed information because they couldn't careless to check what the problem was. Sorry, not gonna feel sorry for them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

RBX posted:

They were giving misinformation and uninformed information because they couldn't careless to check what the problem was. Sorry, not gonna feel sorry for them.

Also, to this day they're salty and bitter that their darling game didn't do well. Blaming fans for being entitled, which is the loving funniest thing, "You didn't give $60+ for a game you said you didn't want, how dare you, you entitled human being!" Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were owed my money even when I didn't want buy the product you were making.

They are, and remain, the most pathetic people. They liked DmC because it was aimed at them. It was not new and experimental, what it was, was enough set pieces, with simple to do flashiness, with a story that was something they liked. That's why they review it well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anyone who thought a combat system with a loving "red/blue enemies can only be hurt by those corresponding color weapons" caveat was good can lick rear end forever and what's worse is that even God of loving War did this in a few lategame segments and it Sucked Hard

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

I really hope they give Kyrie a personality this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How much you wanna bet we won't see her until the very end of the game.