Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

It is, and it's unbelievably intricate, to the point that it kinda runs like crap on PS4.

It does run kind of crappy but I loved the setting so much. Such a well realized environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuffMayhem
May 14, 2003

Does it depress you?
How alone you really are
For those of you who are too scared to play RE2, this pc mod makes the game less (or more) terrifying:

https://youtu.be/6wY1FnQ9ygg

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/game_signal_/status/1102044545347448833

Possible release date for The Last Of Us 2, seems pretty reasonable. Are there any major Sony games coming out this holiday?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Someone tell me not to preorder DMC5 deluxe edition because preordering games is stupid.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Network42 posted:

Someone tell me not to preorder DMC5 deluxe edition because preordering games is stupid.

unless you really like DMC games and are excited for the new one, in that case go for it!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Network42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ebUmoM9nA

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Network42 posted:

It's going to be great and the live action cutscenes are going to be amazing. Buy the deluxe!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a decent wireless adapter to use my ps4 controller with my pc? The officially Sony one looks nice but $50 seems insane.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yo Esco I haven’t paid for Switch online whatever yet but I’ll post my friend code when I get it :3:

PS4 thread is SWITCH and CRITERION chat

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

DrManiac posted:

Is there a decent wireless adapter to use my ps4 controller with my pc? The officially Sony one looks nice but $50 seems insane.

It just uses bluetooth, so any of the receivers you can find on amazon below 15 bucks will be fine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/nightygale/status/1102409370543960064

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Network42 posted:

do it anyway, gently caress it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I have another Prey thing to gush about, sorry: it accommodates the player's choices within the narrative better than any game I've played that gives you important decisions to make. There's a clever plot explanation for why your avatar might behave differently under player control than they did in the past (personality drift due to experiments that took place before the game starts). And it accounts for your sins at the end in a way that makes sense, but is still surprising. Without saying too much, it's a refutation of games where you're crudely judged on a handful of choices with clearly telegraphed good-guy and puppy-kicker options. I made one choice in particular that took some sacrifice, with no expectation that the game would acknowledge it, and I was delighted when it did. (I refused to install any Typhon neuromods. I may be riddled with Typhon DNA or whatever's in neuromods, but I'm all human, baby!)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ouchies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else getting 505 errors on all embed YT videos right now?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah they seem to be busted all over.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone else getting 505 errors on all embed YT videos right now?

I was until I read your post! The video you quoted is working.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DrManiac posted:

Uhh are you telling us your PC doesn’t have Bluetooth?? In TYOOL 2019???

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

acksplode posted:

I have another Prey thing to gush about, sorry: it accommodates the player's choices within the narrative better than any game I've played that gives you important decisions to make. There's a clever plot explanation for why your avatar might behave differently under player control than they did in the past (personality drift due to experiments that took place before the game starts). And it accounts for your sins at the end in a way that makes sense, but is still surprising. Without saying too much, it's a refutation of games where you're crudely judged on a handful of choices with clearly telegraphed good-guy and puppy-kicker options. I made one choice in particular that took some sacrifice, with no expectation that the game would acknowledge it, and I was delighted when it did. (I refused to install any Typhon neuromods. I may be riddled with Typhon DNA or whatever's in neuromods, but I'm all human, baby!)

I wasn't expecting to get called out for not killing any mind-controlled humans.

Seems like such a minor thing but it makes sense in the bigger picture.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
More rdr2 complaints despite the fact it is one of my favourite games ever.

1. I can pet a dog, but I can't have a dog.

2. I can't even pet a cat.

3. I can't butcher either of the above and also horses. (I'm assuming with cats because I can't bring myself to experiment.)

4. There's a landmass I could reach by swimming, but I hit an invisible wall. Couldn't they have made impassable cliffs instead?

5. There's no visible metric that my bringing home animals has any effect whatsoever on the hunger index.

6. Can't steal living farm animals and add them to the camp.

7. Cant hogtie hogs.

The game is within spitting distance of perfection which makes the flaws more glaring.

I got DooM from the library but the controls feel so imprecise and the games so intense that I had to go back to exploring rdr2 for a few hours to regain my chill.

I have yakuza 0 coming next.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Buh? They’re like $30 Canadian here.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Beachcomber posted:

As more of a cat guy than a dog guy, this was the nail in the coffin for RDR2 to me and I'm not even joking

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Beachcomber posted:

1. I can pet a dog, but I can't have a dog.

3. I can't butcher either of the above and also horses.

This took a loving wild turn

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You can butcher horses unless I’m remembering that wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems like an oversight that RDR2 doesn't let you field dress humans and put their pelts on the back of your horse/trade them in to the trapper for a really interesting outfit.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Lord of Shadows is defeated, and peace returns to the world.

That owned; I have never been simultaneously so satisfied by the "end" of a game and eager to continue the "post"-game.

Those last three fight(s?) were excellently balanced, not too hard to confidently defeat but did occasionally feel a challenge.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Anyone got any tips for Yakuza Kiwami 2? Skills to buy, chapters to prepare for, etc?

Also, I selected “I don’t remember what happened last year” at the start, was I supposed to get a recap video?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Even with the really basic upscale job, Resident Evil 4 really holds up. I never realized it until now, but it feels remarkably similar to dark souls with the slow methodical combat, expeditions from checkpoints where you have to use resources conservatively to make it to the next one, worn down aesthetics, crazy bosses that contrast with the more normal enemies, quirky friendly characters that show up often but never stick around for long, hidden items that reward a sharp eye and careful exploration, and the little gotcha traps spread around liberally.

You can definitely see where the souls games took some influence. I'd almost go as far as calling it the Dark Souls of video games.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 5, 2019

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

DuffMayhem posted:

For those of you who are too scared to play RE2, this pc mod makes the game less (or more) terrifying:

https://youtu.be/6wY1FnQ9ygg
I laughed at this way harder than I should have. That whistle after he attacks (snickering).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yo Esco I haven’t paid for Switch online whatever yet but I’ll post my friend code when I get it :3:

PS4 thread is SWITCH and CRITERION chat

you Switchy loving Criterion.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Also, I selected “I don’t remember what happened last year” at the start, was I supposed to get a recap video?

Yep, that’s really weird you didn’t

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

DrManiac posted:

Just a note, I bought a steam link when it was on sale for 5 dollars on steam, and it comes with a Bluetooth adapter that you can pair the PS4 controller to. I haven't tested it plugged directly into the PC but as it's a Bluetooth adapter I imagine it could be made to work. Might be the cheapest option if you catch it on sale. And if you have a TV in range of your router or PC, then it makes playing PC games on it pretty simple.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Yep, that’s really weird you didn’t

lol, I watched a youtube and realized the question was Do you WANT to remember what happened?

So I'm the idiot. Oh well!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

MightyApe is having a minor stocktake clearance for a daily deal and part of it is the Shenmue HD collection for $19AUD.

I don't know if it's any good or not, just that it's been mentioned here a few times, but Elex is also $14AUD

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

tweet my meat posted:

Even with the really basic upscale job, Resident Evil 4 really holds up. I never realized it until now, but it feels remarkably similar to dark souls with the slow methodical combat, expeditions from checkpoints where you have to use resources conservatively to make it to the next one, worn down aesthetics, crazy bosses that contrast with the more normal enemies, quirky friendly characters that show up often but never stick around for long, hidden items that reward a sharp eye and careful exploration, and the little gotcha traps spread around liberally.

You can definitely see where the souls games took some influence. I'd almost go as far as calling it the Dark Souls of video games.

I agree with this post excluding all references to Souls.

RE4 is still one of the best shooter games out there for the reasons mentioned here.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

WaltherFeng posted:

I agree with this post excluding all references to Souls.

RE4 is still one of the best shooter games out there for the reasons mentioned here.

It walks a spot on tightrope balance between great action that makes you feel like Leon is a hyper capable badass while never 100% letting you get comfortable. Replaying it recently was loads of fun. I was struck strongly by how well it manages to maintain the action/survival tension all the way while being super funny at the same time. I forgot just how many classic moments the game had.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine making and publishing Resi4. Capcom literally have a license to print money forever with it. Astonishing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Imagine making and publishing Resi4. Capcom literally have a license to print money forever with it. Astonishing.

Much like Leonardo da Vinci when he put the finishing touches on the Mona Lisa, Capcom definitely said to themselves "this biatch is gonna shift some mondo units" as the first Resident Evil 4 disc was lovingly pressed.

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 5, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's also crazy that RE4 had 3? 4? big prototypes scrapped before they settled on the current version. Imagine if we got ghosts and the hook man...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JBP posted:

Much like Leonardo da Vinci when he put the finishing touches on the Mona Lisa, Capcom definitely said to themselves "this biatch is gonna shift some mondo units" as the first Resident Evil 4 disc was lovingly pressed.

Don't forget going all-out to the point of the custom chainsaw controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Classic GameCube exclusive Resident Evil 4