Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Shinjobi posted:

DeMarcus Lawrence franchise tag'd again

Only the best deals with the dallas cowboys

luv 2 visit twitter and get bombarded with hot takes calling Lawrence overrated and not worth the money

Pay him everything. Give him Mack money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Justin Houston to the Panthers to pair with Montez Sweat who says no

I sure hope Sweat doesn't last until pick 16.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What the hell is this Twitter account?

I think Earl Thomas might be racist.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Holy poo poo this is worse than Vikings fans being salty over the Eagles

https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/1102383945948237825

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Even Patriots fans weren’t this obsessed when Brady got suspended.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If only they had an opportunity to win the game after that. Some time over and above what's regularly allotted. Hell, give them the ball first and if they score, don't let the other team have a chance n that's that. That would have been fair. Instead what we got was th--

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You’ve never been to Mardi Gras have you?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The enthusiasm with which the female announcer says "so clever" is soul stirring.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even Patriots fans weren’t this obsessed when Brady got suspended.
You know that's not true.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You know that's not true.

They didn't have the arts and crafts angle to it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

They didn't have the arts and crafts angle to it.

Yeah but New England isn't really known for their respect for indigenous cultures

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
This would be about a 100x more meaningful for a franchise than a 4 game suspension at the start of the season, and I don't think any other fanbase would have dealt with it much differently than how NO's has.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I would rather a missed call and a chance in overtime than a shanked 27 yard field goal with time expiring imvho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Sellout posted:

luv 2 visit twitter and get bombarded with hot takes calling Lawrence overrated and not worth the money

Pay him everything. Give him Mack money.

He made other members of the defensive line look better

You just lost two defensive linemen to moronic drug/PED infinity suspensions

Without Lawrence you have absolutely no one of serious value on the line

loving. Pay. The. Man.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

This would be about a 100x more meaningful for a franchise than a 4 game suspension at the start of the season, and I don't think any other fanbase would have dealt with it much differently than how NO's has.

Yeah the judgement is pretty hilarious and arbitrary. The only fanbases that wouldn't be this salty are the ones that don't care that much (Miami) or barely exist (Rams).

Plus, it's freaking Mardi Gras. You should see the shots they used to take at Nagin.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol Miami fans are still super sore about a missed call against NOLA that gave them a free TD the year they won the super bowl so that’s not only a horrible example but ironic

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sweet thursday posted:

If only they had an opportunity to win the game after that. Some time over and above what's regularly allotted. Hell, give them the ball first and if they score, don't let the other team have a chance n that's that. That would have been fair. Instead what we got was th--

They have the right to be pissed about a terrible call that kept them from the Super Bowl.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bigass Moth posted:

They have the right to be pissed about a terrible call that kept them from the Super Bowl.

The failure to score or stop the rams in overtime is what kept them out of the super bowl. If you want to go ifs and buts on that call, if the defender had been looking at the ball instead it would have been a pick 6 and the rams would have won in regulation.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I agree with you but if I was a Saints fan I would also be unreasonably mad about it for awhile.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mr. Nice! posted:

The failure to score or stop the rams in overtime is what kept them out of the super bowl. If you want to go ifs and buts on that call, if the defender had been looking at the ball instead it would have been a pick 6 and the rams would have won in regulation.

Pretending the no-call was completely irrelevant is even more stupid than the massive overreaction from Saints fans because at least the massive overreaction is funny.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol Miami fans are still super sore about a missed call against NOLA that gave them a free TD the year they won the super bowl so that’s not only a horrible example but ironic

To be fair I'm only 43 years old so I'm using examples from within my lifetime

e- lol ok now I get it, 2009. I remember the call, which was the only thing keeping the 7-9 Dolphins from going 8-8 and....still missing the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Strobe posted:

Pretending the no-call was completely irrelevant is even more stupid than the massive overreaction from Saints fans because at least the massive overreaction is funny.

It's not irrelevant. It's a bad play that nearly cost them the game. However, it did not. The game went on for quite a while after and they had ample opportunity to win the game.

If the no-call had ended the game and caused the loss, I'd agree with the outrage. As it is, the saints themselves are the ones to blame for making GBS threads the bed. There was almost 2 minutes left in regulation in which they gave up another score and they got the ball first in overtime.

The saints had every opportunity to win. They failed to do so, and it wasn't because of the one missed call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The saints had every opportunity to win. They failed to do so, and it wasn't because of the one missed call.

This is true while at the same time if the one missed call had been made they almost certainly would have won.

It is interesting that Brees was loving awful on that drive. The long pass should have been intercepted or at least knocked down, and as you've noted the ball on the missed call play is a pick 6 if the defender isn't laser focused on committing (uncalled) interference.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grittybeard posted:

This is true while at the same time if the one missed call had been made they almost certainly would have won.

It is interesting that Brees was loving awful on that drive. The long pass should have been intercepted or at least knocked down, and as you've noted the ball on the missed call play is a pick 6 if the defender isn't laser focused on committing (uncalled) interference.

That's why I'm saying you can play "if" all day long about it and it doesn't matter. That play didn't end the game. They still had ample opportunity to win.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GD_American posted:

To be fair I'm only 43 years old so I'm using examples from within my lifetime

e- lol ok now I get it, 2009. I remember the call, which was the only thing keeping the 7-9 Dolphins from going 8-8 and....still missing the playoffs.

Remove the win over, give the Saints a loss to Miami and see what it does to the seeding then, old man.

And I’d hope you’d remember 2009, it was when most Nola fans started cheering for the Saints!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 5, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's not irrelevant. It's a bad play that nearly cost them the game. However, it did not. The game went on for quite a while after and they had ample opportunity to win the game.

If the no-call had ended the game and caused the loss, I'd agree with the outrage. As it is, the saints themselves are the ones to blame for making GBS threads the bed. There was almost 2 minutes left in regulation in which they gave up another score and they got the ball first in overtime.

You make a good point, but have you considered the worst super bowl ever? :thunkher:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

You make a good point, but have you considered the worst super bowl ever? :thunkher:

I dunno what Denver Carolina has to do with this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chichevache posted:

I didn't watch it so I wasn't really impacted. :lol: that super genius sean mcvay got completely owned by brian hoyer.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Remove the win over, give the Saints a loss to Miami and see what it does to the seeding then, old man.

And I’d hope you’d remember 2009, it was when most Nola fans started cheering for the Saints!

You can accuse Saints fans of a lot of things, but I don’t think being fair weather is one of them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hmmm it'd have dropped the 13-3 Saints from the #1 seed to 12-4 and the....#1 seed. Yes, truly stirring.

Even if it dropped them to the #2 and swapped with Minnesota, that means Favre is throwing picks in front of purple shirsies instead of black/gold video game characters.

And if we're continuing the "if my grandmother had balls she'd been my grandfather" logic, maybe if Miami doesn't give up a 22-0 fourth quarter they have less reason to bitch

and lol defending Miami while calling out another team for fair-weather fanhood

GD_American fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 5, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/LaneJohnson65/status/1102990877436399616

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Isn't the saying "Never be in a position where the refs determine the game"?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

come to butthead

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants have told free agent SS Landon Collins he will not be tagged.

This has been the expectation for several days, but now it is official. The tag would have cost $11.15 million, and Giants GM Dave Gettleman was reportedly against paying that much money for a defensive back who does not excel against the pass. While that is true, Collins has proven to be a difference maker when used around the line of scrimmage and will be a hot commodity once free agency opens. The Cowboys and Packers are teams to watch.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Giants are a weird team. I can't figure out if they want to be competitive or not.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Fake. BDN always goes raw.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gettleman is really dumb.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

I bet those are things you actually believe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Giants are a weird team. I can't figure out if they want to be competitive or not.

It's amazing how much rope one good draft will grant you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FizFashizzle posted:

come to butthead

https://twitter.com/qdiggs6/status/1102950540458315778

https://twitter.com/qdiggs6/status/1102970407769047040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Get ready for Gettleman to pull the dumbest thing and draft Metcalf. He does love em big!