Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they also stopped doing proper gutter clearing at the end of fall, because vacuum trucks cost money or something, so all the leaves that didn't get cleared obstruct the drains, cause flooding with every thaw and also massive ice rinks to form around the curbs as it re-freezes.

come spring there will again be a week where all the low lying areas closer to the lake go underwater because of the runoff and thousands of basement apartments get completely flooded. somehow, despite the clockwork predictability of this issue which has only occurred since we started slashing services, nothing will be done to address it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

under Pallister, Manitoba is now a republican have-not hellstate with its race to privatize everything and reduce taxes to zero so no government, NDP or otherwise, can ever function there again

but thank god canadians are smarter than americans and would prevent something like this from ever happening! :downs:

if you want to know how the next few months are going to go

1) pallister and the pcs are going to set a date of may 1st, 2020 to lower the pst 1% in the next budget
2) pallister and the pcs are going to call an early april 2020 election
3) throughout the entire election we are going to hear about how the NDP is going to cancel the pst cut and RAISE YOUR TAXES and RUN MORE DEFICITS
4) FIVE MORE YEARS, FIVE MORE YEARS, FIVE MORE YEARS

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mameluke posted:

NEW NDP PLATFORM:

Economic Justice: audit the Fraser Institute, audit everyone with a net worth of over $1 million, audit all churches, audit all private clubs and newspapers
Climate Justice: leave the tar in the ground, turn Alberta/Sask/Manitoba into a national park and prohibit people from residing within
Infrastructure Spending: use eminent domain to build highways-to-nowhere on all postmedia properties and through all rich people neighbourhoods
Putting Consumers First: nationalize the spectrum and all phone providers
Military Spending: you get what you can take from the westons' homes

I don't know, isn't there something more we could do to the people of Alberta/Sask/Manitoba ?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Right. And the treads chew up the asphalt so the roads are poo poo.

Already today Pallister personally intervened to prevent 6 RMs from getting the payments they were promised for the big power line project. He must have done the calculus to determine that those RMs either already will be voting for Kinew, or that they hate Kinew so much that it won't affect their votes.

all those RMs are heavy conservative country and probably have no chance of flipping in the next election

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

all those RMs are heavy conservative country and probably have no chance of flipping in the next election

Yeah I didn't catch which ones they were when I heard it on the radio. It blows my mind how the conservatives will poo poo in people's mouths, and some of them will smile, say it tastes great, and ask for seconds.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Yeah I didn't catch which ones they were when I heard it on the radio. It blows my mind how the conservatives will poo poo in people's mouths, and some of them will smile, say it tastes great, and ask for seconds.

they tend to think it won't affect them. or are happy as long as someone else is suffering more than them

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Mameluke posted:

we really need to transport everyone from the prairies, territories, and maritimes into several thousand modular korean-style apartments built on the expropriated suuburbs of montreal, toronto, and vancouver before it's too late

Excuse me the suburbs don't want none of those filthy immigrants

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mameluke posted:

we really need to transport everyone from the prairies, territories, and maritimes into several thousand modular korean-style apartments built on the expropriated suuburbs of montreal, toronto, and vancouver before it's too late

the problem isn't so much where people live, it's that they're constantly being hosed over by both the center and the right and will cling to anyone who promises some kind of change, unfortunately that's mostly only the right because the center hates different and the ndp currently has decorum cancer

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's where people live in as much as they live in the middle of loving nowhere 100KM from anything and need a car to get to and from anything that isn't a patch of wooded dirt. 'cause boy howdy are they sore about the idea of no longer having their rural backwoods commute subsidized by the entire rest of the human population

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

it's where people live in as much as they live in the middle of loving nowhere 100KM from anything and need a car to get to and from anything that isn't a patch of wooded dirt. 'cause boy howdy are they sore about the idea of no longer having their rural backwoods commute subsidized by the entire rest of the human population

0km to happiness, tyvm. Picked up a snowmobile because your liberal global warming has dumped 4 feet of snow on me, got a 4 stroke though, much better emissions and fuel economy. You're welcome humanity.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2019/03/04/doug-ford-van-whistleblower-brad-blair-fired-from-opp.html

quote:

The deputy OPP commissioner who blew the whistle on Premier Doug Ford’s push for a special travel van and his profane tirade about rotating bodyguards has been fired, the Star has learned.

I am ready for some messy drama.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Justin Trudeau breathes a sigh of relief

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Postess with the Mostest posted:

0km to happiness, tyvm. Picked up a snowmobile because your liberal global warming has dumped 4 feet of snow on me, got a 4 stroke though, much better emissions and fuel economy. You're welcome humanity.

Toys are for the boys

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

can postmedia hurry up and die already so they stop being the propaganda arm of the cpc

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1102623000266862592?s=20

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
im doing to die getting mauled by biker ferrets on the burning remains of the 401 in about 20 years

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Postess with the Mostest posted:

braver than the troops

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

shoulda given him the van

give doug the van

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tighclops posted:

im doing to die getting mauled by biker ferrets on the burning remains of the 401 in about 20 years

Thank you this is exactly the idea I needed to GM my monthly TMNT GURPS game tonight

Holy poo poo there's source material to my madness lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Philpott resigned from cabinet.

:munch:

I'm having fantasies about Trudeau getting removed from leadership by the caucus.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

question: do you honestly believe the liberals will replace him with someone less bad?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

question: do you honestly believe the liberals will replace him with someone less bad?

I think so. He's looking like a pretty impotent party leader atm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

who would you say would be an improvement from the current cabinet?

is it marc garneau?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
It's Judy Wilson-Raybould

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

CTV posted:

Wilson-Raybould running as a Liberal in the federal election

Former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould, whose testimony about the SNC-Lavalin scandal before a parliamentary justice committee last week led to calls for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s resignation, said she still plans to run as a Liberal in October’s general election.

“Ms. Wilson-Raybould was elected and continues to serve as the Liberal Member of Parliament for Vancouver Granville,” her office said in an email. “She was confirmed as the Liberal Party of Canada candidate for Vancouver Granville last year.”

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Keyword "fantasies."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Can the caucus even remove him? Wouldn’t that take a leadership convention?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I think so. He's looking like a pretty impotent party leader atm

that would be because he is an impotent party leader

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

which makes him the ideal liberal, really

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

snow clearance needs to go back under the auspices of the city instead of being privatized

but an idiot says: its good because someones making money!

but you can immediately see the problem when private companies control road repair in the summer AND road clearance in the winter; they completely loving destroy the road so someone's ALWAYS making money. so instead of paying workers to make the streets usable and having an incentive to do it properly and keep costs down, taxpayers are paying people out the rear end for the sake of paying people out the rear end. hooray for capitalism! :homebrew:

I don't disagree with a lot of this, but just LOL at thinking that municipal snow clearing was any easier on the roads than private. I think for snow clearing the sides of the plow need a rubber bumper or some poo poo, something that won't bang up the concrete and tear it apart. But yeah, there's no incentive to do that when you're the one getting paid to fix the concrete come spring time.

The amount of people in this idiot city that keep moving juuust out of town to avoid the "high taxes" is nuts. It would take some getting used to, but I think I could handle it if they shut this idiot province down and moved me to a mega city.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

scheer took as much as a hit to his popularity as trudeau did his week lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Helsing posted:

It's Judy Wilson-Raybould

This was my knee jerk answer too.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

who would you say would be an improvement from the current cabinet?

I think maryam monsef would be the golden ticket to round out the worst election in history

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
has anyone posted “Trudeau Au goulag” yet?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

Philpott resigned from cabinet.

:munch:

I'm having fantasies about Trudeau getting removed from leadership by the caucus.

At this point the Liberal party needs to throw Trudeau under the bus if they don't want to lose official party status federally too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arivia posted:

Can the caucus even remove him? Wouldn’t that take a leadership convention?

They probably have internal ways to force him to resign even if they don't have a formal mechanism to remove him

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Obama is in Canada touring this week. Put him in charge of the Liberals and they have my vote.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Vakal posted:

Obama is in Canada touring this week. Put him in charge of the Liberals and they have my vote.

This made me check that I didn't accidentally wander into D&D

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vakal posted:

hed never take the job bc canada doesnt have a drone program

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Ipsos:

Get hosed Libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

who loving cares lol