Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Karate Bastard posted:

So precisely like 92 10 huh?

Idiot.

Yes. It’s a little known fact that 92 is the collective age of the cast, while 10 is the intellectual age of the average viewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
I'm still hearing Nine O Two One O:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df6vdEDohWE

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

trashbuilder posted:

Hey remember those memes like "We forced a computer to watch 1000 episodes of seinfeld and this is what it blah blah blah" well in Canada there is a grant called IPF for web series. We made a series based on those memes but are more about an AI trying to use them to gain freedom and why are we not afraid that AI's are going to replace us and we have no social safety net all told through janky AI written and edited videos. Please give this trailer a watch and maybe I will get a bunch of money to make the whole series. I don't know. Truthfully it doesn't work great as a trailer but i think the series will be so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B809gzoo-U

This is high-concept perfection and extremely intriguing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jerry Cotton posted:

I forced an AI to read my posts and it deleted *.*

That's weird, I forced an AI to read my posts and now it's going to be Time's Person of the Year from now into perpetuity

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

That's weird, I forced an AI to read my posts and now it's going to be Time's Person of the Year from now into perpetuity

Hell, it deserves sainthood for not killing us all after reading your posts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Always in the

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

you guys are like little babys

watch this

TAKES CONSTANTINOPLE

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

you do the lord's work

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

trashbuilder posted:

Hey remember those memes like "We forced a computer to watch 1000 episodes of seinfeld and this is what it blah blah blah" well in Canada there is a grant called IPF for web series. We made a series based on those memes but are more about an AI trying to use them to gain freedom and why are we not afraid that AI's are going to replace us and we have no social safety net all told through janky AI written and edited videos. Please give this trailer a watch and maybe I will get a bunch of money to make the whole series. I don't know. Truthfully it doesn't work great as a trailer but i think the series will be so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B809gzoo-U

Seems pretty interesting. Are you going to do a separate channel for the computer to double down on the concept or just drop them in the one you linked? Dope dealership commercial btw, and I'm assuming boiling mayo is a Canuck thing.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Checks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwBiNcs-wKs&t=681s (11:21 if it doesn't go there automatically)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://i.imgur.com/uc03HNk.mp4

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

SpacePig posted:

The cooking show made me laugh hard enough that I missed the rest of the video. Just something about bringing mayonnaise to a boil made me have an incredibly strong reaction.

Warbird posted:

Seems pretty interesting. Are you going to do a separate channel for the computer to double down on the concept or just drop them in the one you linked? Dope dealership commercial btw, and I'm assuming boiling mayo is a Canuck thing.

Thats actually a clip from a different almost web series we did called lovely Tasty look it up on facebook at facebook.com/hittyTasty we have like 2 years of bullshit for this.

All interaction with the channel/Facebook page will be as if HOWARD runs their social media. We want to create a meta-narrative.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

(The contrast to the superior counterweight trebuchet is the “onager”.)

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Mar 5, 2019

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I guess I'm not a 90s kid :(

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

this is so loving dumb and I love it

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

this is so loving dumb and I love it

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The pics need to be rotated counterclockwise one space

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MizPiz posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right. It's perfect that way.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MizPiz posted:

It may have been rotated already, i think I've seen your suggested version before

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Hihohe posted:

you guys are like little babys

watch this

TAKES CONSTANTINOPLE

That's the Tsar Cannon, it was cast around 100 years after the fall of Constantinople and has never been fired.

The actual cannons that were used to break walls at Constintople are still around though and were used to sink British ships in the 19th century.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

If it's not about colony collapse disorder, IDGI

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

If it's not about colony collapse disorder, IDGI

It's not just for bees anymore

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Dave Grool posted:

It's not just for bees anymore

:stare: link please

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

JcDent posted:

:stare: link please

For the last couple of decades now, insect populations have been falling by as much as 2.5% year over year. A German nature reserve that's been keeping track of (flying) insects have had populations decline by 75% since the 90s.
Puerto Rico's lost ~98% of it's ground insect population the last 35 years.

Take your pick of articles to read, they're all equally depressing.
There are arguments that a lot of the worst falls are location-dependent, and don't exactly spell out worldwide armageddon. But it isn't exactly good news either way.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/as-insect-populations-decline-scientists-are-trying-to-understand-why/
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/germany-s-insects-are-disappearing
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature
https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-02-12/insect-species-in-decline-and-facing-extinction/10804094

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It can be really noticeable for some species. When I was a kid there were these gigantic swarms of monarch butterflies every year. Fuckers were everywhere.

Now whenever I see one I get out my phone to take a picture as my reaction is "holy gently caress, a butterfly!" I went a couple years without seeing one and in recent memory I've seen two.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I am glad all insects are dying out

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Collapsing Farts posted:

I am glad all insects are dying out

Mosquitos don't seem to be dying out tho.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Yuore' not teh olny one!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The problem is then all the stuff that eats insects starts dying out, and all the stuff that ate those starts dying out... also all the plants that rely on insect pollination start dying out, and all the stuff that eats those...

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Facebook Aunt posted:

Mosquitos don't seem to be dying out tho.

gently caress

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The problem is then all the stuff that eats insects starts dying out, and all the stuff that ate those starts dying out... also all the plants that rely on insect pollination start dying out, and all the stuff that eats those...

Good. More room for humanity

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Okay, so I'm looking for this bear/hunk/twink pyramid chart with the dudes from the Zelda CD-i games on it. Would anyone happen to have this particular image handy? I saw it on Twitter a while back and now I can't find it again because I apparently didn't think to save or share it anywhere that I would think to look and searching has turned up jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doctor Bishop posted:

Okay, so I'm looking for this bear/hunk/twink pyramid chart with the dudes from the Zelda CD-i games on it. Would anyone happen to have this particular image handy? I saw it on Twitter a while back and now I can't find it again because I apparently didn't think to save or share it anywhere that I would think to look and searching has turned up jack.

?

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Mar 5, 2019