Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GD_American posted:

Hmmm it'd have dropped the 13-3 Saints from the #1 seed to 12-4 and the....#1 seed. Yes, truly stirring.

Even if it dropped them to the #2 and swapped with Minnesota, that means Favre is throwing picks in front of purple shirsies instead of black/gold video game characters.

And if we're continuing the "if my grandmother had balls she'd been my grandfather" logic, maybe if Miami doesn't give up a 22-0 fourth quarter they have less reason to bitch

and lol defending Miami while calling out another team for fair-weather fanhood

This is a lot of words to argue a point that’s ancillary. Our topic was Miami fans not caring.

And my response is simply - You have no idea what you’re talking about if you say Miami fans don’t care about their team. They bring up every little slight for over 30 years. Every Cuban dude in Miami obsesses over the Dolphins. It’s why it’s silly to say they’re fair weather when their numbers prove that they actually still have support during the tank years

And I will admit - I thought the loss would’ve dropped them a spot. Perhaps it was only during that week, but I’ll take your word for it.

I’m proud of you for noticing that Miami could’ve still won the game. Now take that lesson, apply it to the game that you desperately want to pretend was cost due to a refs call, and apply that logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol Miami doesn't care about any sport that isnt winning

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
No tag for Donovan Smith. Agreed to a 3 year $41m deal today.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The best thing about Boohoo Saints is when the Patriots won in overtime it was all "Overtime is rigged! The coin flip basically decides the game!"

Face it, at the end of regulation the lights got a little too bright for Drew. Tom, on the other hand, rose to the occasion like he always does and now he has 6 rings and 1 sex ring as an organization

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dunno if it was posted but the Ravens declined to tag Mosely.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Seems like a smart move. There's no tackles in FA or the draft pretty much.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What I'm saying is I think those crystals might work and I'm investing in some off https://www.tb12method.com/healingcrystalsforyourmindandconsciousness

Promo code OPENMOUTHKISS for 10% off

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Wrong thread

Actual content:

VVVV If you ask Steve Smith nicely, I'm sure he'll get it for you.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
give me the skull of dave gettleman

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

What I'm saying is I think those crystals might work and I'm investing in some off https://www.tb12method.com/healingcrystalsforyourmindandconsciousness

Promo code OPENMOUTHKISS for 10% off

Josh Gordon is working out with Tommy at TB12, so he is going to be un-suspended and catch 25 touchdowns next season.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

False report, article was amended. Gordon is wearing TB12 gear in Florida

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Seems like a smart move. There's no tackles in FA or the draft pretty much.

He's been ok but yeah, there isn't much available, he's only 25, and his last position coach sucked rear end. Be nice if he took a step forward but he's fine as is.

Bucs basically have no cap room now so expect them to be cutting plenty of guys shortly.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"You don't need to get high off weed, Josh. Do you see it? Do you see that football field out there, Josh? I want you to close your eyes and visualize it in your mind. I want you to see yourself winning rings with me for the next 8 years. Forget about failure. Forget weakness. Forget about strawberries. Forget about meat and anything animal-based or animal-derived. Trust Bill to make the playcall. Trust me to execute it. Trust yourself to be able to do your job when the game is on the line. Trust the All-Knowing Creator Rah-Zuul. We can get you back on the right track, Josh."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Brady having a very confusing conversation with Gordon about the dangers of shrooms.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

josh, nothing can get you as high as this secret hgh variant they don't know how to test for yet

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Giants are a weird team. I can't figure out if they want to be competitive or not.

I don't know, I actually kind of buy that rationalization. Collins definitely has a weakness in the passing game, that's not really a secret, and he gave up some really big plays the past two seasons. I still think he'll get paid similarly to that franchise number but by a team who really wants and needs him.

wandler20 posted:

Man that seems pretty rich for a mediocre tackle but like someone mentioned, the future is not exactly bright for O line prospects. Seems like he's been pretty reliable in terms of injuries too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Man that seems pretty rich for a mediocre tackle but like someone mentioned, the future is not exactly bright for O line prospects. Seems like he's been pretty reliable in terms of injuries too.

Yeah, he's started every game since he was drafted and only one time he didn't finish the game. He's incredibly durable.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Everything I read said Donovan Smith grades out to about the same as Nate Soder, except the only thing holding Smith back is technique and he can be coached to be way better.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is a lot of words to argue a point that’s ancillary. Our topic was Miami fans not caring.

And my response is simply - You have no idea what you’re talking about if you say Miami fans don’t care about their team. They bring up every little slight for over 30 years. Every Cuban dude in Miami obsesses over the Dolphins. It’s why it’s silly to say they’re fair weather when their numbers prove that they actually still have support during the tank years

Here's a fun game- find all those diehard obssessive Miami fans in this picture

(p.s. the Saints have sold out every season since 2005, 4 years before we supposedly started caring)

quote:

I’m proud of you for noticing that Miami could’ve still won the game. Now take that lesson, apply it to the game that you desperately want to pretend was cost due to a refs call, and apply that logic.

Hmmm yes comparing a 7-9 team which you said got a bad call costing a TD and then losing by........12 points is completely comparable to this situation

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
hags you seem mad.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DariusLikewise posted:

Everything I read said Donovan Smith grades out to about the same as Nate Soder, except the only thing holding Smith back is technique and he can be coached to be way better.

Seems accurate.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Colts re-signed Margus Hunt for 2yr/9mil, which is a pretty good deal since 4.5 is rotation player money these days. He started off great but faded as the year went on, so maybe with some depth he can stay good all year.

Really hope we go after Collins, a lot of money to spend and he would be great paired with Hooker. Geathers has really slowed down with the injuries, would love to keep him as a backup though.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

hags you seem mad.

Perplexed, more like it. Of all the legitimately valid points that exist to attack the Saints and defend the Dolphins.....he chose these two?

(plus I'm avoiding homework)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3.5% raise to put me at the top of the payband
bonus was 126% of target instead of the 75% they were projecting, plus another 10% bump for personal achievement
promotion/additional raise looking like it's gonna be a couple weeks away
great date last night

maybe... maybe this is the other shoe dropping?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

No Butt Stuff posted:

3.5% raise to put me at the top of the payband
bonus was 126% of target instead of the 75% they were projecting, plus another 10% bump for personal achievement
promotion/additional raise looking like it's gonna be a couple weeks away
great date last night

maybe... maybe this is the other shoe dropping?

Can I have some money

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

crazy685 ITT right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjHHlvQn2U

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There were definitely moments in 2007 where if Dolphin Stadium got any emptier a Marlins game was going to break out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Colts re-signed Margus Hunt for 2yr/9mil, which is a pretty good deal since 4.5 is rotation player money these days. He started off great but faded as the year went on, so maybe with some depth he can stay good all year.

Really hope we go after Collins, a lot of money to spend and he would be great paired with Hooker. Geathers has really slowed down with the injuries, would love to keep him as a backup though.

I'd like for the Colts to get Humphries, Collins, and Flowers. Those would all help shore up some positions of need and then the rest can be done with the draft and maybe some smaller FA pickups.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Dunno if it was posted but the Ravens declined to tag Mosely.

This seems really smart. I looked into his numbers bc the Steelers badly need an ILB to replace Shazier still, only to discover Mosley only has 35 PD on 5100 snaps and allows 76% of passes to be completed in coverage. Woof, no wonder they don't wanna pay him Top 5 money

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I don't know what this means but it's making people who like the incest and violence dragon show mad so

https://twitter.com/NBCSBears/status/1102972314461880322?s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

I don't know what this means but it's making people who like the incest and violence dragon show mad so

wait Aaron Rodgers hates his family tho

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

lol this makes zero sense

Kirk Cousins: Mother of Akiem Hicks and Khalil Mack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

Smith at least has the frame to be a tackle. Solder looks like a drat tight end out there

Eltoasto posted:

That's a nice team-friendly deal and appropriate to his value. A lot of times these days you get guys who want premiere pass rusher money without being a premiere pass rusher, good that they could come to an agreement.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This seems really smart. I looked into his numbers bc the Steelers badly need an ILB to replace Shazier still, only to discover Mosley only has 35 PD on 5100 snaps and allows 76% of passes to be completed in coverage. Woof, no wonder they don't wanna pay him Top 5 money

I didn't realize his coverage was quite that bad, but yeah he's a different type of linebacker. He's a good tackler which goes a long way towards ameliorating that weakness, but at his core he's a thumping, blitzing, run-stuffing type of middle linebacker.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spoeank posted:

lol this makes zero sense

Kirk Cousins: Mother of Akiem Hicks and Khalil Mack

Does that make Mack a motherfucker?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The dragons are their friends so I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to be

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The picture suggests the NFC North should come together to form a super team to defeat the Patriots and slay the Demon King Bill Belicheck once and for all.

Also it suggests Aaron Rodgers is loving Kirk Cousins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Something something you like that?!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GD_American posted:

Here's a fun game- find all those diehard obssessive Miami fans in this picture

(p.s. the Saints have sold out every season since 2005, 4 years before we supposedly started caring)

Hmmm yes comparing a 7-9 team which you said got a bad call costing a TD and then losing by........12 points is completely comparable to this situation

Lol oh good we’re at the point of cherry picking pictures all for a point that is, again, ancillary.

I wasn’t comparing the events and you know that - i was saying you’re acting like dolphins fans don’t care. For the second time. I’m sorry the Saints blew it for what it’s worth :-(

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When you think about it, the Saints really should have tried to score a td on their opening drive in OT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Does this mean that the NFL will only be good next season if Kirk Cousins dies during the first game?