Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Does this mean the Detroit Lions are the Bud Light Knight and got hosed up before the season even starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The Bears D will lose their animalistic fervor; they'll be manipulated and controlled by the opposing NFC North QBs. Something, something Aaron Rodgers Hall of Fame but no second Superbowl win. Kirk Cousins dead.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Aaron "Jon Snow" Rodgers, First of His Name, The Bastard of Winterfell, the White Wolf, Sworn Brother Guarding the Realms of Men, Lord of the First Men and the Free Folk, 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Defender of the Wall, The Resurrected, Slayer of White Walkers and the Army of the Dead, The Cousinsbanger, King in the North, Protector of the Realm

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I still can't loving believe the Bud Knight is dead.

Rip.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dilly Dilly rip to a real one the bud knight

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Also I like that dumb bears graphic because the Lions aren't in it at all for some reason

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

(p.s. the Saints have sold out every season since 2005, 4 years before we supposedly started caring)

uh, lies

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

see, that banner's the kind of bush league poo poo you'd expect more from Super Bowl participants than Super Bowl champions

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

iospace posted:

Isn't the saying "Never be in a position where the refs determine the game"?
That would be any close game

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

see, that banner's the kind of bush league poo poo you'd expect more from Super Bowl participants than Super Bowl champions
#checkyourprivilege

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sweet thursday posted:

When you think about it, the Saints really should have tried to score a td on their opening drive in OT

Should have been a penalty on the violent and disgraceful hit to Brees head on that interception in OT. #Refball #Rigged

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would like to see how an alternate Pats/Saints Super Bowl played out.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1103062391225491456?s=21

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good night sweet prince

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wow? lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Weddle is 34

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/DraftNetworkLLC/status/1103059117994926081

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Should have been a penalty on the violent and disgraceful hit to Brees head on that interception in OT. #Refball #Rigged

:chaostrump:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I would like to see how an alternate Pats/Saints Super Bowl played out.

Prob 60/40 Patriots, but I'd have trouble believing it would be the poo poo-filled dumpster fire that Rams/Pats was.

Payton has his blind spots, but he's not the complete fraud that McVay is.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If the Chiefs had made it Bob Sutton would not have noticed the unchanged Rams play calls and it would have been another 100 point game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

Prob 60/40 Patriots, but I'd have trouble believing it would be the poo poo-filled dumpster fire that Rams/Pats was.

The Chiefs were the only team that could've beat the Patriots and they failed too. Saints wouldn't have had a chance

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Play posted:

The Chiefs were the only team that could've beat the Patriots and they failed too. Saints wouldn't have had a chance

Nah. This Super Bowl was basically Broncos/Falcons all over again. The NFC team that actually would have made it a game got sent home in the NFCCG on a fluke.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

Nah. This Super Bowl was basically Broncos/Falcons all over again. The NFC team that actually would have made it a game got sent home in the NFCCG on a fluke.

They allowed themselves to be beaten by the Rams because of one bad call. That's doesn't seem like a team that would've rolled in and crushed the Patriots, although if it makes you feel better to think so then by all means

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Ehh, I don't know if the Saints would've beaten the Pats, but I don't think Payton/Brees would've gotten punked nearly as hard as McVay/Goff did in the SB. the Saints' offense has a decent track record against the Pats, for how small the sample size is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

They allowed themselves to be beaten by the Rams because of one bad call. That's doesn't seem like a team that would've rolled in and crushed the Patriots, although if it makes you feel better to think so then by all means

Where did he say they would have rolled in and crushed the Patriots?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is a weird idea that they would have done better against the pats which is weird because the game with the Rams was really close.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is a weird idea that they would have done better against the pats which is weird because the game with the Rams was really close.

Football is not played by the transitive property.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Plus, wasn't the Saints' offense kinda bad over the last quarter of the year? Iirc the buzz was that both offenses in the NFCCG were sputtering going into the game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

Plus, wasn't the Saints' offense kinda bad over the last quarter of the year? Iirc the buzz was that both offenses in the NFCCG were sputtering going into the game.

They had bad games against Dallas and Carolina but weren’t bad otherwise, they just weren’t as hot as they were for the ridiculous mid season stretch. They were inconsistent for sure, but a lot of that was down to the line being injured and they did get healthier over the bye.

The Patriots really capitalized on McVay’s inexperience and Goff’s relatively inability to read a defense on his own. Whatever faults the Saints offense had, they aren’t the same and the Pats would have had to attack them differently. You definitely can’t take Brees out of the game with late shifts they way they did with Goff. So I don’t think it’s weird to suggest it would have played out differently.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They had bad games against Dallas and Carolina but weren’t bad otherwise, they just weren’t as hot as they were for the ridiculous mid season stretch. They were inconsistent for sure, but a lot of that was down to the line being injured and they did get healthier over the bye.

The Patriots really capitalized on McVay’s inexperience and Goff’s relatively inability to read a defense on his own. Whatever faults the Saints offense had, they aren’t the same and the Pats would have had to attack them differently. You definitely can’t take Brees out of the game with late shifts they way they did with Goff. So I don’t think it’s weird to suggest it would have played out differently.

True, but the defense that managed to almost or completely shut down the 1st, 3rd, and tied 6th ranked offenses for an entire half would have made life very difficult for the Saints.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hunt11 posted:

True, but the defense that managed to almost or completely shut down the 1st, 3rd, and tied 6th ranked offenses for an entire half would have made life very difficult for the Saints.

No question, the Pats defense was playing really well. Bill is a terror in the playoffs with time to prepare.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles would have won

Again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Football is not played by the transitive property.

I mean it also isn’t played by random guesses but here we are

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Saints would have done better on offense against the Patriots.

The Saints would have done worse on defense against the Patriots.

thank you for reading my post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m quite certain any other nfc team would have done better on offense than the rams.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m still amazed that it was the Pats mediocre defense that exposed the number 2 offense in the league to be absolute frauds and that one of the reasons is Brian Hoyer.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m quite certain any other nfc team would have done better on offense than the rams.

One of those teams has Brian Schottenheimer running its offense so that is categorically untrue

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m still amazed that it was the Pats mediocre defense that exposed the number 2 offense in the league to be absolute frauds and that one of the reasons is Brian Hoyer.

The Pats D played really well in the playoffs in general. They got hot at the right time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the first half of all three playoff games were just amazing dominant performances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Play posted:

GD_American literally four posts above this posted:

Reading comprehension: it's not just FUN, it's FUN-damental