Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
As long as you glory kill bj for wasting time trying to exposition about demons/Nazis I’m down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Then both Hell and the Nazis are hosed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
In Christian dogma, the Nazis are In hell anyway. It’s why the secret levels in doom made sense.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

In Christian dogma, the Nazis are In hell anyway. It’s why the secret levels in doom made sense.

So in all likelihood, Doomguy is obviously a Blazkowicz, he's basically fighting all the dead Nazis his grandpa or great grandpa sent to Hell :black101:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Donovan Trip posted:

Wolfenstein 2 felt worse after playing Doom. I wanted to doomslay the Nazis, not really the games fault but I couldn't get into it.

I also wanted this so I turned the difficulty down to minimum and just ran around with a fire axe like a psychopath. Great choice, highly recommend it.

Given the argent energy weapon in Wolfenstein 2 I like to think they're maintaining the idea of Doomguy being BJ's grandson and after finally defeating the Nazi empire people were like okay time to drill into Literally Hell for energy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

Wolfenstein 2 felt worse after playing Doom. I wanted to doomslay the Nazis, not really the games fault but I couldn't get into it.

I haven't been able to enjoy any FPS games since playing DOOM.
Every time I get shot in those other games and it makes me think that instead of sitting behind cover like a baby, waiting for my health to recharge or running away like a coward, mashing E at piles of garbage, like it is in Wolfenstein, I could've been running towards the nearest demon to rip and tear their guts out instead and that thought just takes the fun out of the game.

The "what does this game make me do when I get shot?" will probably be my basic rear end test for all shooters for the rest of time.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Wolfenstein 2 is one of the worst games of all time.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I haven't been able to enjoy any FPS games since playing DOOM.
Every time I get shot in those other games and it makes me think that instead of sitting behind cover like a baby, waiting for my health to recharge or running away like a coward, mashing E at piles of garbage, like it is in Wolfenstein, I could've been running towards the nearest demon to rip and tear their guts out instead and that thought just takes the fun out of the game.

The "what does this game make me do when I get shot?" will probably be my basic rear end test for all shooters for the rest of time.

💯

Doom ruined the genre for me and I'm offended there haven't been any similar games in the 3 years since its release

c0burn posted:

Bland levels, a character made of Swiss cheese, and an asinine story. Shame too, TNO/TOB were both awesome.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
you travel back and forth from venus like it aint poo poo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

c0burn posted:

Most disappointing, maybe, but still decent. The shooting felt good, the getting shot didn't, and the level design was rear end. It was pretty lol how well it reviewed though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

c0burn posted:

Son, are you a Nazi?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Casimir Radon posted:

Son, are you a Nazi?

I don't know, guess I gotta watch a lovely unskippable cutscene and find out

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Donovan Trip posted:

Bland levels, a character made of Swiss cheese, and an asinine story. Shame too, TNO/TOB were both awesome.

Old Blood is one of the best games ever made. gently caress New Colossus man.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

c0burn posted:

It’s not great but there are SO many worse games that this can’t possibly true.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Relative to hype and budget and expectations? (and pre-release media slobbering)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Former Human posted:

Insane ultra violence but they bleep the word "gently caress." America 2019

It's a blooper reel, swears getting bleeped out is part of the joke.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I bought, played, loved, and put down DOOM when it came out and haven't touched it since. I just put money down on a 34" Ultra wide and a rig powerful enough to drive it and just now realized that in a week I'm going to be able to RIP AND TEAR at like a million fps in a glorious resolution and Aw yiss I'm super excited again.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Fhqwhgads posted:

I bought, played, loved, and put down DOOM when it came out and haven't touched it since. I just put money down on a 34" Ultra wide and a rig powerful enough to drive it and just now realized that in a week I'm going to be able to RIP AND TEAR at like a million fps in a glorious resolution and Aw yiss I'm super excited again.

I bought a similar monitor about a year ago and yea, DOOM looks fantastic running on an Ultrawide display with 100+fov at 120+ FPS. I’m just using an original Gtx 1080 and it still runs like a dream!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Holy poo poo it's coming out in a week? :psyduck:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Collapsing Farts posted:

Nnnooo?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Que?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Collapsing Farts posted:

No? Nothing on google, nothing on r/doom, what?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Collapsing Farts posted:

He was talking about his new hardware coming next week, not DO5M

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:negative:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Your fake news is ruining lives

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I hope the game goes back to pandemonium and the level is basically this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Pandemonium.jpg

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I'm so sorry guys

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Mods?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
DOOM Eternal - it's coming out in a week

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Can't believe we're getting doomy turtle F2P next week

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Donovan Trip posted:

Can't believe we're getting doomy turtle F2P next week

Seriously. Seems so close now. :)

Sucks that they're locking the weapons system back down to only being able to carry 4 guns at a time to cater to the goddamn console crowd though.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

500 gems for a chainsaw recharge

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pomp posted:

DOOM Eternal - it's coming out in a week
mods plz

Oh drat I get 50 free Hellbux for each friend I refer to the game, that's deals right there

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

HOLY poo poo I GOT A 5-STAR OLIVIA PIERCE IN MY LAST PULL!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I would easily play a Doom looter shooter, because unlike the other looter shooters ever made, Doom has amazing gameplay. If you add Co-op and gear grinding to that in huge doom levels against hordes of monsters I would probably go full poopsock

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

I would easily play a Doom looter shooter, because unlike the other looter shooters ever made, Doom has amazing gameplay. If you add Co-op and gear grinding to that in huge doom levels against hordes of monsters I would probably go full poopsock

We still don't know much about the mp modes other than invasions and "we'll tell you more soon". I keep looking at the name and wondering what Eternal means, exactly.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i've been calling this game doom nukem forever

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

ilmucche posted:

I hope the game goes back to pandemonium and the level is basically this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Pandemonium.jpg

I wouldn't be mad if they got Wayne Barlowe to help do some wicked Hell designs

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I heard theres a new bathroom in doom eternal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would not play a Doom looter shooters because how a looter shooter plays is antithetical to basically everything I enjoy about Doom