Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

oh i wasn't saying it'd ONLY be them, gently caress i'm hoping it's the entire writer's table of this show. i doubt they'd do Enid like that, same with Rosita, although pregger head spiking would be pretty :metal:

won't be Henry imo since he's taking over for Coral's Whisperer story arc, and if i recall correctly that's pretty important to the story.

i think we'll get a solid 3 named character head-piking. Ezekiel, Michonne, then like some stupid rear end character like Maggie's second in command lady, or someone that said hello to Drrl once

Watch them miss there optics and head-pike their entire black cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Since Michonne is leaving the show she totally gonna get piked at the festival

Nah, AMC has already stated she's joining Rick in limbo to break out for a couple movies. So I bet things get FUBAR, she hears the radio and goes to hunt down Rick.

Shneak posted:

Killing Michonne, Ezekiel, and Tara since they're all settlement leaders would be pretty symbolic.

I want on to this death pool. I'm casting my votes for:
Ezekiel, Barcode Eye Savior Girl, and Jerry. Maybe some token Hilltop extras.

Not particularly because I want any of them dead just three candidates that are highly likely.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 6, 2019

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

i doubt they'd do Enid like that, same with Rosita, although pregger head spiking would be pretty :metal:

I hope they have the balls to do this. Would be a holy poo poo.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

I hope they have the balls to do this. Would be a holy poo poo.

Baby zombie head.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The show is better than it has been in a long time. I'm watching new episodes with apprehensive excitement rather than reluctance.

About the Next Big Thing that's gonna happen:

The head-pikes need to be translated for your average TV viewer. I've been keeping an eye on characters, especially secondary and tertiary ones, with distinctive and memorable faces/heads, because they're being propped up to be victims. Such as Jerry's wife Nabila with her hijab. Former saviors Laura with the neck tattoo, and the bearded guy DJ that accompanied Magna's group in 09x07. Brett Butler too. Kal, the guy that looks like Glenn. Possibly Henry's friend, the girl with the glasses and wavy hair that told Daryl about Henry's letter.

Someone in the love triangle will go. Probably not Siddiq because he's the doctor and it'd ruin Carl's sacrifice. But I hope it's not Gabriel or Rosita because I enjoy the characters and their actors.

At least one from Magna's group is pretty much a given. Possibly Kelly.

I hope they pull off the fake out with the silhouetted braids. There's a page in the comics where the survivors (and readers) aren't sure if it's Ezekiel or Michonne until a closer inspection. IIRC in the comic, they couldn't distinguish because the sun was in their eyes. The show could have a real tense moment when the pikes are discovered and there's one pike with a mask over the head, and there are a couple of braids sticking out the bottom.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

Since Michonne is leaving the show she totally gonna get piked at the festival

My other guess is Ezekiel, per the comics, but that's neck and neck with Carol so it's anyone's race

Ezekiel is likely, as it's been reported that Khary Peyton is leaving the show

LOL that my phone tried to autocorrect Khary to 'Khartoum'. I guess I text my dad about The Godfather too much.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Tron posted:

Baby zombie head.

If Dog's head ends up on a pike I won't know if I should laugh or cry

ED: If it happens I am so going to have to make to edit this image with Daryl and Dog:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
good episode

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

It's on track to not just being AMC's #1 repetitive grey TV show but calling that good is a stretch

I think Gimple recently discovered anime? That's exactly what the highwaymen reminded me of

Not in a good way

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Johnny Truant posted:

It's on track to not just being AMC's #1 repetitive grey TV show but calling that good is a stretch

I think Gimple recently discovered anime? That's exactly what the highwaymen reminded me of

Not in a good way

Carol didn't punch sense into the leader so maybe it was taken from the comics. Gimple failed upward/sideways to Fear and the rest of the extended universe anyway so not sure we can blame him for new bad stuff anymore.

Carol's big gambit of offering a movie made me laugh really hard. It was a nice moment of two groups of distrustful and desperate people finding some common humanity for maybe the first time in years of the show

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

Carol's big gambit of offering a movie made me laugh really hard. It was a nice moment of two groups of distrustful and desperate people finding some common humanity for maybe the first time in years of the show

this has been the best part of the show since... uh... the first episode maybe?

when the highwaymen sprint up to Tara and co. was when it was very anime for me. dude ran with his head down so his hat was covering his face, like :psyduck: also why were they civil war reenactors? also why, when our protagonists are at war with unknown enemies, are Tara and co. totally cool with just these random dudes riding straight up to them armed to the teeth?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

when the highwaymen sprint up to Tara and co. was when it was very anime for me.

For what it's worth these guys intentionally seem silly and not nearly as dangerous as they think they are.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I flipped through the ep at lunch and yeah it looks like they all lived in a cave the last few years because their schtick does not make sense

It was neat seeing old muskets though!

Are they going to be the stand ins for the saviors since they don't have a home base anymore?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I flipped through the ep at lunch and yeah it looks like they all lived in a cave the last few years because their schtick does not make sense

It was neat seeing old muskets though!

Are they going to be the stand ins for the saviors since they don't have a home base anymore?

i think highwayman head guy is gonna get his poo poo piked at the season finale. whichever goon said earlier that they're priming people with memorable faces/heads(e.g. woman that wears a hijab), now all i can do is think about that and like, drat i think you're 100% right

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

i think highwayman head guy is gonna get his poo poo piked at the season finale. whichever goon said earlier that they're priming people with memorable faces/heads(e.g. woman that wears a hijab), now all i can do is think about that and like, drat i think you're 100% right

I'm also guessing (from Hilltop) Tammy's going to die. She's been getting a halfway decent handful of lines, and she always has that floral scarf on

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm also guessing (from Hilltop) Tammy's going to die. She's been getting a halfway decent handful of lines, and she always has that floral scarf on

i had to google who the gently caress that was but yeah you're fuckin spot on. i think it was you who called the very discernible heads/faces, right? also if you google, like i did, "tammy walking dead" one of the first images that pops up is her comic-character's head on a pike, so

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

i had to google who the gently caress that was

Hahaha, I admit, I have an idiot savant level of remembering character names in shows and movies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

Perhaps. But this sure was satisfying.

Go Lambda!

Is her name really Lambda?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, what movie do you think they're planning on showing at the fair?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Firewall starring Harrison Ford and Ashton Kutcher

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the whole exchange between the cowboys and indians was pretty good, and it played out pretty logically

I guess the movie is gonna be something westerny

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
mrs doubtfire

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the first Rick Grimes movie

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ruddiger posted:

Also, what movie do you think they're planning on showing at the fair?

Maximum comedy gold: A marathon of Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and then to leave everyone feeling annoyed, Land of the Dead

Most obnoxious option: Dark Knight, then have the entire cast do Joker impressions for a season

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i think one of the things that made this ep good was that carol was True Carol and daryll was True Daryll

carol got to do the "we'll be nice but we'll fuckin murder them if it doesn't go our way" and also earlier she acted like she didn't torch the saviors in a very Mom way

https://i.imgur.com/DRr5tMZ.gifv

daryll got to be grumpy but did the right thing and also got to be Stealth more

https://i.imgur.com/saM41rZ.gifv

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

i think one of the things that made this ep good was that carol was True Carol and daryll was True Daryll

carol got to do the "we'll be nice but we'll fuckin murder them if it doesn't go our way" and also earlier she acted like she didn't torch the saviors in a very Mom way

daryll got to be grumpy but did the right thing and also got to be Stealth more

https://i.imgur.com/saM41rZ.gifv

I will shamefully admit I'm actually enjoying the show since the midseason pickup without really hate watching it.

It's gone totally comic book goofy but it's coherent, shot much better, the people have some humanity and the set pieces are.. actually well done. Nobody has monologued in episodes.

Like might end up my favorite half season since like season 3, even though we have gotten down to indestructible skin wearing dudes and garotte wire that can cut a head clean off in 2 seconds

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

moist turtleneck posted:

I like how this loops because it's like Carol just keeps suggesting the same thing over and over hoping it'll get a better reception next time.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Carol’s looking more like the grandmother of dragons with that hair.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Carol’s looking more like the grandmother of dragons with that hair.

Peak Carol would end the Game of Thrones in like an episode. They had to sideline the poo poo out of her with Negan for that reason.

Everyone's having more fun in the cast it seems like, by a lot and we aren't stuck with poor Andrew Lincoln having to give various degrees of sad/upset face in dull gray closeup for 10 minutes an episode

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 12, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Another good episode. Carol's much better at negotiating than Daryl; The Highwaymen were fun; Daryl vs. Beta was almost as brutal as it was improbable; Henry...has a girlfriend?!

And everything's falling in to place for the Fair. Nothing could possibly go wrong now!

The hat, the horses, the music are all great...but what really sells The Highwaymen is that shirt.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 12, 2019

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
The Highwaymen are a group of quintessential goons/comic book guys/movie buffs. All their demands were for Mt. Dew: Code Red, Cheetos, Sci-Fi books and Hentai.

In an ironic twist, the movie that Carol shows them, is The Notebook.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 12, 2019

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jay_Zombie posted:

The Highwaymen are a group of quintessential goons/comic book guys/movie buffs. All their demands were for Mt. Dew: Code Red, Cheetos, Sci-Fi books and Hentai.

This isn't far off. I recently saw an interview with the show runner where he described them as "The cosplayers of the apocalypse." So most of the hilarious inept/ridiculous stuff is absolutely by design with them.

The funny thing is AMC will probably abruptly abort all plans and cancel the show if it gets good again

ED: I admit if the world was over, would you not want to dress in a ridiculous outfit like you were playing RL Saint's Row?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Blazing Ownager posted:

This isn't far off. I recently saw an interview with the show runner where he described them as "The cosplayers of the apocalypse." So most of the hilarious inept/ridiculous stuff is absolutely by design with them.

The funny thing is AMC will probably abruptly abort all plans and cancel the show if it gets good again

ED: I admit if the world was over, would you not want to dress in a ridiculous outfit like you were playing RL Saint's Row?

Yep. The highwaymen leader is probably only wearing a cowboy hat because he couldn't find a fedora.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah what happens when eugene meets them

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah what happens when eugene meets them

"I find your general get up, combined with the bayonet on your rifle to be chronologically inaccurate. You see, when that style shirt was used by the confederates, the actual length of their bayonet was seven inches long. That right there is a niner, I reckon."

I looked up the actor playing Ozzy (captions said that was the leader's name) because he looked familiar. Angus Sampson; he was the Organic Mechanic in Fury Road!

He seems pretty cool from his couple scenes, and I thought the music was ridiculous when they rode to the rescue and he was acting all gallant toward Tara.

At the end of the ep when Ezekiel nods to him and he does the hat tip, I thought it was kinda funny.

:agesilaus: Hahaha! I get to pretend I'm a King everyday!

:clint: I get to be a cowboy!

E: I also appreciated Tammy's 'zombie-proof baby box' in the wagon.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

LadyPictureShow posted:

I looked up the actor playing Ozzy (captions said that was the leader's name) because he looked familiar. Angus Sampson; he was the Organic Mechanic in Fury Road!

He's a seriously funny dude. I wonder if his name "Ozzy" suggests that the "cosplayer" angle runs deep, it would be funny if Sampson dropped the american accent and started talking in his native Australian one.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish Beta turned out to be rob zombie

Dead I am the pool, spreading from the fool
Weak and what you need, nowhere as you bleed
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

"I find your general get up, combined with the bayonet on your rifle to be chronologically inaccurate. You see, when that style shirt was used by the confederates, the actual length of their bayonet was seven inches long. That right there is a niner, I reckon."

He seems pretty cool from his couple scenes, and I thought the music was ridiculous when they rode to the rescue and he was acting all gallant toward Tara.

At the end of the ep when Ezekiel nods to him and he does the hat tip, I thought it was kinda funny.

:agesilaus: Hahaha! I get to pretend I'm a King everyday!

:clint: I get to be a cowboy!

E: I also appreciated Tammy's 'zombie-proof baby box' in the wagon.

Yeah, Ezekiel knows a fellow cosplayer when he sees one.

Also are we not going to mention the giant Tiger statue?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I'm catching up on the new half of the season, just started Episode 9 and was wondering what the general consensus on Judith Grimes is?

First episode this season I was really turned off that a bunch of adults in an apocalyptic world would give such consideration to a 9 year old child's opinion, just because her Dad used to be the awful leader 7 years ago.

I'm hoping they found a good niche for her, the small interaction she had with Negan tore me between love and hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I thought I mentioned this in a previous post but I guess not.

I love that Beta's shirt under his vest appears to be one of those 'Have A Nice Day 🙂' shirts from like, the 90s.

That's such a fun little touch.