Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Dome sweet dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think that's only hot water for filling pots closer to the sink, no? Or hot enough to make tea?

Could be filtered drinking water. My parents installed one of those diy kits in our kitchen back when I was a kid since our city water tasted a little funky to my mom.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It has a red handle; in my experience that means that it's for scalding hot water.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Popo posted:

Hey, which lovely lady would like some camo for the Bathdoom?

https://twitter.com/CraniumApparel/status/1101830061055860741

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I've seen a couple houses that have a small point-of-use water heater under the sink and a dedicated "hot-rear end water" spigot like others have mentioned. I won't say it's 'normal' but it is at least a thing that exists on a semi-regular basis.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Or, it's beer.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Could just be a handsoap dispenser.

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
We made it baby!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/eveknn/the-hot-new-doom-mod-is-a-nightmare-diy-bathroom-renovation-bathdoom

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Could just be a handsoap dispenser.

Loling at a hand soap dispenser hardlined into the kitchen counter. Would the soap have to be kept pressurized or would turning the knob start an electric pump like on some marine sinks?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

whoa B. Eat Mr. J you're famous!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

https://youtu.be/TRQGeKlPTMU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Might be a bit hard to sell the house if people can google the story about the floor joist :raise:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Risky Bisquick posted:

Might be a bit hard to sell the house if people can google the story about the floor joist :raise:

Im sure he got it professionally repaired he wouldn't compromise the structural integrity of his house

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Risky Bisquick posted:

How is that blog post going to make the bathroom any more Google-able than all the forum and Twitter dunks?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Nothing about the reno looks professional

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I quite like the idea of geodesic homes and went on a bit of a tear reading up about them a while back. The main jist I got of them is that they're giant, inefficient, very loud fart collectors.

Now I'm using my powers of idle noodling to try and convince my partner to go to the Yukon for a vacation and stay in an off-grid yurt.

My coworker has referred to me as Yertle of the Yukon, which is better than my previous work nickname, 'Sweets.'

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/eveknn/the-hot-new-doom-mod-is-a-nightmare-diy-bathroom-renovation-bathdoom

e:fb like a dead horse

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Risky Bisquick posted:

Hopefully he doesn't introduce himself as bEatmrJ to prospective buyers. Or anyone IRL.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What damage could Googling do that the bathroom itself wouldn't? I can't imagine anyone going "oh, hon, I loved the master bath, but I have concerns about the structural integrity of the build..."

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I used to think these were the coolest things ever, but now I think of doing literally everything either completely custom or picking from the limited stock available specifically for geodesic domes and run shrieking. I guess it might be fun for, like, a greenhouse or something where you just need a bunch of single-paned windows and no insulation.

Don't those dome roof houses also notoriously leak like hell after a while?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

In appreciation of the awesome Doom bathroom, I turned the bathroom into a trashy Newgrounds point and click adventure game with jump scares:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RXVk7jrCJl4FozWYkIplbwxLcyQiKqYY

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Made it to Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/new-doom-map-recreates-a-famously-terrible-bathroom-1833078521

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
b. eat mr j hitting the big time!!!

yo B. eat! FEMALES are gonna see ur bathroom on those news sites and they are gonna wanna come get NAKED in the shower!!!!

:slick:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ol frosty tips singlehandedly making this here forums relevant again for a brief moment without murder or pedo poo poo *pats bathroom*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Joke's on us when Beatmage gets a 6 figure deal to "DIY My Room" on TLC or whatever.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Enchanted Hat posted:

In appreciation of the awesome Doom bathroom, I turned the bathroom into a trashy Newgrounds point and click adventure game with jump scares:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RXVk7jrCJl4FozWYkIplbwxLcyQiKqYY

:perfect: :discourse:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Enchanted Hat posted:

oh my god i have to try this when i get home later

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Paramemetic posted:

Got a real Mormon temple vibe here if you replaced the Tron with gold.

The, uh, 4 Mormons on these forums can back me up I guess

We do plenty of weird things, but I don’t recall being able to see X-ray vision as part of the ceremonies. Would be neat if it was though.

Tremendous. :boom:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We do plenty of weird things, but I don’t recall being able to see X-ray vision as part of the ceremonies.

I like how nonchalant you are about your entire belief system being objectively nuts.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

ol frosty tips singlehandedly making this here forums relevant again for a brief moment without murder or pedo poo poo *pats bathroom*

i mean he did murder his floor joists

Three Olives posted:

I like how nonchalant you are about your entire belief system being objectively nuts.

gently caress off three olives

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm a terrible person who read the comments, and there were more bad(but not beatmstrj-tier bad) bathrooms to be had:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That last one is made from tiles stolen from public pools.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 6, 2019

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.
I've been in this thread so long that I can't tell the difference between the OP HDR pictures & the photoshop memes any longer.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That fuckin sea witch bathroom owns. I like how it feels like the sink and the bathtub have taken the shower hostage.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Yup, came here from Kotaku myself. Seeing an article outside of SA mentioning SA is weird, like being a kid and seeing your elementary school teacher shopping for groceries. Spent the last 4 hours reading the entire series of comments starting two years ago. Worth it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chewbot posted:

Yup, came here from Kotaku myself. Seeing an article outside of SA mentioning SA is weird, like being a kid and seeing your elementary school teacher shopping for groceries. Spent the last 4 hours reading the entire series of comments starting two years ago. Worth it.

It's been a heck of a moment.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Haifisch posted:

I'm a terrible person who read the comments, and there were more bad(but not beatmstrj-tier bad) bathrooms to be had:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

FilthyImp posted:

Joke's on us when Beatmage gets a 6 figure deal to "DIY My Room" on TLC or whatever.

That should cover the repairs to bring that death trap up to code... mostly.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

"skin friendly"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Three Olives posted:

:shrug: I am on the Something Awful forums. From an outside perspective with just slivers of bits of information it is objectively weird. From the vantage point of personal spiritual clarity and commitment it actually makes a fair amount of sense. I am old enough to make my own grown up decisions about my belief system, accepting the whole thing and not being afraid of being open about it. We (society) have normalized a lot of stuff that was weird and taboo in the past and I should offer the same bit of respect and understanding that I hope to receive.

back on topic though; this whole thread has made me appreciate those $10 I have given to Lowtax all those years back.