Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the chorus of devil trigger kicking in when you have an S rank is so satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mordja posted:

Mug someone, dummy.

I tried but now all I have is these red orbs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

I'm hosed financially and weighing up whether I can actually afford to buy this game after having waited so long and my frustration is indeed getting bigger

Gmg has it relatively cheap

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Vikar Jerome posted:

decided to check out a random track from the game and goddamn so loving hyped right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yc6hQWEGFw

(might be a mid-game a boss spoiler)

God this is such a banger. Non-vocal DMC music has no right to be this good

Songbearer posted:

I'm hosed financially and weighing up whether I can actually afford to buy this game after having waited so long and my frustration is indeed getting bigger

I really feel that. I'm a brokeass college student and I'm still paying off KH3, DMC5 on launch being a financially disastrous move is tearing me apart

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

please don't beggar yourselves for video games they will still be here down the line and likely at a lower price

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

Shocked at how many dmc fans didn't grow accustomed to screamy vocals through a middle school dir en grey phase

I'll have you know I was into linkin park and disturbed in middle school

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i was more into barenaked ladies, m'self

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

dat wall running tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

these things crack me the gently caress up and are totally worth the deluxe edition

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm not gonna lie, I'm sorta regretting not getting the deluxe edition seeing that trailer. I don't give a gently caress about the Mega Buster, but that poo poo looks amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Baal posted:

I'll have you know I was into linkin park and disturbed in middle school

Korn here

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dias posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm sorta regretting not getting the deluxe edition seeing that trailer. I don't give a gently caress about the Mega Buster, but that poo poo looks amazing.

You will be able to upgrade as soon as the game comes out or you can buy just the cutscenes for 5 bux if that's all you want.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Same

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Got way into Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album around the time I got into Devil May Cry and this basically tells you everything you need to know about me as a person.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

check out dese sweet aaa graphix

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ManlyGrunting posted:

Got way into Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album around the time I got into Devil May Cry and this basically tells you everything you need to know about me as a person.

I ripped the dmc3 soundtrack off the disc and listened to it at school on my Toshiba gigabeat (rip) and that's how I got into metal

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Buck Wildman posted:

check out dese sweet aaa graphix

Oh okay, getting that dlc day 1.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

It tells me only good things about you.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Review embargo supposedly ends at midnight (in about 5h) so get hype for:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GMG has already sent out preorder keys. No preload though and considering it's a Japanese publisher I wouldn't expect any preload either.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

There's a preload tonight or tomorrow.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pomp posted:

I ripped the dmc3 soundtrack off the disc and listened to it at school on my Toshiba gigabeat (rip) and that's how I got into metal

The flinch in your eye calls your bluff.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s also important to remember that it wasn’t just Games Journalists felating the game beforehand and then filleting it afterwards. Ninja Theory and the director specifically were openly making GBS threads on the DMC we had all loved.

I understand that stepping into an established series can be difficult especially when you’re intending a reboot but alienating the existing fan base by calling our beloved protagonist a gay cowboy was not the way to do it. Neither was transparently inserting yourself as the Gary Stu of the game. Finally when the game starts and you can see that they’ve written Dante to be as insufferable as possible, as though they completely missed what made the character likeable in the first place. Dante is a dork, Donte’ is a jerk.

Also I can’t remember a single other instance of an action-brawler completely rebalancing and tuning their combat system post release before or since. If that’s not a damning indictment of the gameplay I don’t know what is.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the original version of subhuman was just too shrieky for my taste. it reminded me more of DmC’s brand of unpleasant tryhard edginess rather than the DMC3/4 fun kind of edginess. Which I guess is fitting because the singer of Subhuman was an unpleasant creepy shithead!
I like the new vocals a lot better

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 6, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s also important to remember that it wasn’t just Games Journalists felating the game beforehand and then filleting it afterwards. Ninja Theory and the director specifically were openly making GBS threads on the DMC we had all loved.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

just got confirmation that dmc5 is on route to my house and i will be playing it tomorrow morning, uk time. :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
How did these dumbasses manage to make Hellblade because I heard that game is actually good and handles its central themes pretty well?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The game is sitting on my system RIGHT NOW but I still got a day and 13 hours left before it unlocks. It's aggravating, because that smocking sweet style is just RIGHT THERE.

It's already in my magical game box! Ffffffuck your arbitrary wait times! Let me chokeslam demons already!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

reviews are starting to come out and its all 9's so far baby!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Reviews trickling in. It's loving good.

Destructoid: 10
Gamespot: 9
Eurogamer: Recommended
IGN: 9.5(!)
Kotaku: Recommended

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lotta reviews coming in saying it's the best DMC ever, oh god be Friday already please....

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I want this game.

Someone give me some quick money making tricks. My payday isnt till 15th

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

just got confirmation that dmc5 is on route to my house and i will be playing it tomorrow morning, uk time. :holy: :holy: :holy: :holy:

Same, whoop

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmE5mAsdMPY

Jim Sterling says "It's the best DMC"

The footage he has of V looks loving bonkers

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

Reviews trickling in. It's loving good.

Destructoid: 10
Gamespot: 9
Eurogamer: Recommended
IGN: 9.5(!)
Kotaku: Recommended

90 from PCgamer too

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Contrary reviews are usually interesting to look at but

https://www.cgmagonline.com/reviews/devil-may-cry-5-ps4-review/

is kinda uhhhh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zaa Boogie posted:

Contrary reviews are usually interesting to look at but

https://www.cgmagonline.com/reviews/devil-may-cry-5-ps4-review/

is kinda uhhhh

Wow who da gently caress even cares DMCV is here and is good baby!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad they also confirmed there's a lot of orb stuff to buy and through 2 playthroughs you have so much to earn + you don't need to buy any, much like DMC4