Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
 game 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

spacetoaster posted:

I preferred eating cooked goat from street vendors in Iraq to eating MRE's.

What is Lesnick's opinion on this subject?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

I preferred eating cooked goat from street vendors in Iraq to eating MRE's.

Best chinese food I had was in Iraq.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Enchanted Hat posted:

To be fair, that's what roleplayers do on WoW servers too.

Yeah but my kickin rad tiger mount didn't cost 700 bucks

(do not ask about the dinosaur mount)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
In we-don't-need-currency-where-we're-going news;

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47454528
"Efforts to recover millions in crypto-cash from the digital wallets of a man who died without revealing passwords to access them have hit a snag.

The wallets have been found to be empty."

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

"Efforts to recover millions in crypto-cash from the digital wallets of a man who died without revealing passwords to access them have hit a snag.

Would you say he had nothingburgers in those wallets?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hav posted:

Ha ha ha ha. Another one of those bitcoin exchange success story’s. 1. “All the money is in cold storage”. 2. “The only guy with cold storage access died, we’ll get in somehow. 3 (months later) “We’re in, and turns out someone already stole the money anyway.”

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

Bootcha posted:

Best chinese food I had was in Iraq.

I had a b-hut by the South Korean hospital in Bagram back in '07. They had a Korean restaurant serving everyone and it was actually pretty tight. I wish I landed Kabul, though as they had three or four DFACs run by other countries. I was there for a couple hours and ate at one of them, simply amazing. Kabul is not a deployment, it's a vacay for senior officers looking to skim even more money while dipping into those OCO dollars.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
New flight model is coming on great! :toot:

https://streamable.com/qr2ku

https://streamable.com/mlwon

Once these bugs are ironed out by QA it'll be ready for the Evocati to begin testing :v:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sam Still Speaks to Sean Noonan About Working on a Solo Project, Ubisoft, Star Citizen, and Splash Damage

quote:

TechRaptor: After Ubisoft you had a brief stint with Cloud Imperium Games where you worked on the first-person shooter segment of Star Citizen. I think it’s called Star Marine?

Sean: Yeah, so, I basically can quite easily split my time at Cloud Imperium into two. The first year I was working on Squadron 42, which was the single player campaign version of Star Citizen. Basically that’s the one that got all the insane cast like Gillian Anderson and Gary Oldman. A hell of a lot of Game of Thrones people are in there, like Liam Cunningham. I was working on that side of it for the first year, mostly on a vertical slice. So that’s basically a chunk of gameplay that’s representative of the full game. So that’s what I was working on.

Once the vertical slice was finished there was an opportunity for me to work on the multiplayer component. Specifically the first-person, because that’s where my expertise was. So yeah, I moved into the designer role on Star Marine and I built the two maps for that and was basically responsible for the game modes and the mode itself from a design point of view.

That was fun. It was interesting to move on to something multiplayer, because I toyed with it in previous jobs, during prototype phases, and it was always quite satisfying to be able to play the game you’re working on with other people. There were a few moments in Watch Dogs where I was able to do that and it was always fun. It doesn’t feel like work when you get to test something after you worked on it and other people are playing with it at the same time, giving you instant feedback. That was a good time.

quote:

TechRaptor: I guess I got to get the obvious question out of the way. Do you think Star Citizen— do you know when it’s going to come out?

Sean: No, I don’t know when it’s going to come out, but I think it will. You can currently play the MMO side of it now, the persistent universe, which I did some work on. Only a little bit, not much. It was one of my last tasks before I left the studio. But yeah, I think it will. I don’t know to what level, I don’t know what level people want it because most of my work was always on the very standalone stuff. Squadron 42 was quite a standalone product, Star Marine again is a standalone product. They’re all within the larger product, but I was very much connected to those things. I think it will, I don’t know when, but there’s definitely momentum there and they’re doing crazy stuff. Really crazy stuff. It’s real impressive.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Hav posted:

I followed one of those insaneo bitcoin people over here from the bitcoin thread. I jumped ship from one disaster to another. I don't know what it is about these slow moving trainwrecks that is so fascinating to watch.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I don't feel like "The game is coming out but I don't know when or to what extent" is much of a controversial take tbh

Though I am astonished that anyone would put Star Marine on their resume, but it looks like it didn't stop someone from employing him after he got the gently caress out

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns
star marine is a stand alone product

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

djent posted:

Hi Skadden :wave:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

djent posted:

Imagine having a section of your dev team assigned to work on the FPS gameplay of your MMO, and walling them off so completely that they were under the impression that they were making their own stand alone thing

Imagine trying to integrate anything they'd done over the course of a full year back into your code base

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

djent posted:

If you play Star Marine you'll be standing alone too.

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns
nah that's easy it's just like making pasta

you make the penne in this pot over here, and you make the spaghetti in that pot over there, and then when they're done you throw em in the same bowl and whamo integrated pasta add a little procedural sauce and you're out the door

linguine is still in the pasta pipeline but just you wait it's gonna be the best tripleAAA stuffed shells your lasagna has ever seen

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

MilesK posted:

Somebody's definitely had lust on their mind

I guess AdzAdama is horny online now. That's great. Although, going back through some of his earlier art, I kind of suspect that he was secretly horny all along.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

djent posted:

you make the penne in this pot over here, and you make the spaghetti in that pot over there, and then when they're done you throw em in the same bowl and whamo integrated pasta add a little procedural sauce and you're out the door

linguine is still in the pasta pipeline but just you wait it's gonna be the best tripleAAA stuffed shells your lasagna has ever seen

It's like you sold a guy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for 2000 dollars, then you called across town to ask another kitchen to make 3 strands of spaghetti while you had your cook make the other strands but he'd never seen spaghetti so you drew him a bunch of lines and told him to get to it, then you went back to the customer and told him you were almost done and it was so good but maybe he'd like to wait a little longer and give you another 200 bucks and you'd add cheese, meanwhile the other kitchen had delivered the 3 strands but you didn't like the length so you threw them in the trash and refused to pay, and your cook had gone outside and collected a pile of sticks which he was insisting matched your drawing, so you fired him and cut out some pictures from a recipe book which you took back out to the customer and told him "Look I took some photos of the spaghetti, mmmm look how good, going to need another 100 bucks tho" and at this point it had been 7 hours but this was the stupidest, richest, most patient customer who'd ever lived so he said sure and to keep him interested you fished out one of the garbage spaghetti strands and sent that out on a plate, and then he asked about sauce and oh poo poo you forgot you were supposed to make that, so you told him actually the sauce is in your mind and you need to really savor that single strand and you hired a guy to come in off the street and eat another strand next to him while making orgasm noises and then you told him the meal was over and the strand he'd just eaten was the whole dish and he left you a 5 star review on Yelp.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

djent posted:

Don't doxx my cooking style, thanks.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

It's like you sold a guy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for 2000 dollars, then you called across town to ask another kitchen to make 3 strands of spaghetti while you had your cook make the other strands but he'd never seen spaghetti so you drew him a bunch of lines and told him to get to it, then you went back to the customer and told him you were almost done and it was so good but maybe he'd like to wait a little longer and give you another 200 bucks and you'd add cheese, meanwhile the other kitchen had delivered the 3 strands but you didn't like the length so you threw them in the trash and refused to pay, and your cook had gone outside and collected a pile of sticks which he was insisting matched your drawing, so you fired him and cut out some pictures from a recipe book which you took back out to the customer and told him "Look I took some photos of the spaghetti, mmmm look how good, going to need another 100 bucks tho" and at this point it had been 7 hours but this was the stupidest, richest, most patient customer who'd ever lived so he said sure and to keep him interested you fished out one of the garbage spaghetti strands and sent that out on a plate, and then he asked about sauce and oh poo poo you forgot you were supposed to make that, so you told him actually the sauce is in your mind and you need to really savor that single strand and you hired a guy to come in off the street and eat another strand next to him while making orgasm noises and then you told him the meal was over and the strand he'd just eaten was the whole dish and he left you a 5 star review on Yelp.

:five::five::five::five::five:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

Imagine having a section of your dev team assigned to work on the FPS gameplay of your MMO, and walling them off so completely that they were under the impression that they were making their own stand alone thing

Yeah, they moved me over because my expertise was in FPS, so I did a couple of maps.

a couple of maps.

hot balls man no homo posted:

I followed one of those insaneo bitcoin people over here from the bitcoin thread. I jumped ship from one disaster to another. I don't know what it is about these slow moving trainwrecks that is so fascinating to watch.

Ultimately I like watching these things because they allow me to calibrate the credulity of the human race. No ultimate reason, but pranks and practical jokes metastasize into real life so easily. One really fun example recently was the claim that a previously minor league Isreali medical outfit was going to cure cancer within six months. The story, originally in Jpost, was very light on detail and extremely light on the kind of backup that you'd expect from a breakthrough like that.

The story spread like wildfire. It's like watching disease epidemiology, but instead of an illness, it's the 'fondly held dream' making the rounds.

Edit: The startup did some interesting temporal flipping; you know the game where the future and present tense get mangled into one large box. The 'fake it 'til you make it' school of attracting round 2 funding.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 6, 2019

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Store Citizer: 3 strands of garbage spaghetti code

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

iron buns posted:

Store Citizer: 3 strands of garbage spaghetti code

There's only one strand of spaghetti in the universe, but it's just chopped into little bits by miniature wormholes at the start and the end of each 'sub strand'.

Don't google that, obviously.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
For those of you interested in how many ways Anthem can gently caress things up, the best loot in the loot based shooter turns out to literally be the starting weapon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ay0oh7/psa_the_level_1_defender_rifle_is_the_best_weapon/

Turns out either damage scaling is completely wrong or the numbers that pop up when you shoot things are complete lies.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Sarsapariller posted:

Incredible.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sc's like a a new restaurant with this promise:

in our new restaurant (called Spaceghetti42) you will be able to IN THE FUTURE eat every meal anyone ever had anywhere. you will NOT have to pay for the meals, they will be free forever. BUT you will have to pay for the seat. a seat at the door is cheaper then bying a whole table next to the buffet. while you wait for your food we provide you with our constantly updated menu plus you can watch videos from the kitchen. by the way: our manager is RONALD MCDONALD so wtf could go wrong?

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 6, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Pash posted:

For those of you interested in how many ways Anthem can gently caress things up, the best loot in the loot based shooter turns out to literally be the starting weapon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ay0oh7/psa_the_level_1_defender_rifle_is_the_best_weapon/

Turns out either damage scaling is completely wrong or the numbers that pop up when you shoot things are complete lies.

That uh

That's an incredible fuckup

How do you even

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Pash posted:

lol

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

"How do we let people of differing gear levels play together?"

"Uh, just make everything do more or less the same damage, but have the epic guns pop up bigger numbers, duh. It's like you've never made a game before."

Congrats Anthem I think you just bodged your way to having worse gunplay than Star Citizen

https://giant.gfycat.com/ComplexAjarArabianoryx.webm

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

That uh

That's an incredible fuckup

How do you even

So if CI!G hangs around long enough, the overall quality of Star Citizen goes up (in relation to the industry). That's insane.

But it might just work. Sandi, call Ben, we have ships to move.

edit: LOL, the enemies scale to the gun, not the player. Anthem is drunk.

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 6, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

"How do we let people of differing gear levels play together?"

"Uh, just make everything do more or less the same damage, but have the epic guns pop up bigger numbers, duh. It's like you've never made a game before."

Congrats Anthem I think you just bodged your way to having worse gunplay than Star Citizen

https://giant.gfycat.com/ComplexAjarArabianoryx.webm

Does that mean that Star Citizen's tier 0 implementations will actually be better than any higher tier versions? :D

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Hav posted:

So if CI!G hangs around long enough, the overall quality of Star Citizen goes up (in relation to the industry). That's insane.

Unreleased dream game's always gonna be better than things that have to contend with reality

Checkmate goons

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Getting ready for release you filthy goon FUDers, any day now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2bNZQqDsg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5x-HTeFdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do05Sqh6bf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZB3VXhSz8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWsAvC3vSpE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DozF_z0-QSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDE6cMZR3g

Time to buy back in! :v:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hav posted:

The guy has done a Reginald Perrin.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The miracle of flight... yes, i suppose it is.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hav posted:

Yeah, this guy is as dead as Elvis.

We need to get Eddie Bravo on this case, stat!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
haha those tutorials sure are fun.
the casual voice. the stretching your little content. the carefully crafted text:

“select arena commander from the main menu!“
(do you really have to explain this part?)
“arena commander has different game modes“
(i see 4. two seem useless. two are basically-)
“lets select pirate swarm!!!“

edit: after all these years...pirate swarm!! this is the mother of all nothingburgers. its great comedy for sure!

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 6, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
“I was working on that side of it for the first year, mostly on a vertical slice.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1103167595824308224

Mocap's a tireless foe.

E: That coffee machine in the background looks more expensive than the $20,000 one

Still mocapping.

In 2019, five years after the first projected release date.

Still mocapping.

:tif: