Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I found Thor to be pretty impenetrable before Thunderstrike. It did its job of making me willing to give it a chance even when original Thor returned when previously the Shakespearean speech was too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Aaron's Thor has been great but it usually most interesting when it has nothing to do with the metaplot poo poo that has been dragging on for ages. War of Realms was teased in like the second arc and since then we've had Lady Thor, Volstagg the War Thor, Thor Cops, Old Man Phoenix, a bunch of Young Thor going black metal with vikings shorts, etc. Part of the books shine was that he was almost writing Thor as Conan but now that I guess he IS writing Conan, there is no need to stay on.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I dunno, I thought Jane as Thor interacted with the War of the Realms plot pretty heartily. Kind of her driving crisis was that the war kept bringing her back to Asgardia when she should have been going through chemo, and she tussled with Malekith frequently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jane's tenure as Thor was so drat good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I can not wait the weaponsgrade thickness omnibus

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Surely it'll be multiple volumes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My guess is that it will be one thick rear end Aaron Thor Omnibus and then a War of Realms one with all these tie ins.

edit: Actually reviewing the issue count, depending on what they include, two and a War of Realms one seems more likely ala Hickman Avengers. It all depends if they include the Original Sin stuff as well as Unworthy Thor, Battleword: Thor and any of the Angela stuff.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 5, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

^burtle posted:

My guess is that it will be one thick rear end Aaron Thor Omnibus and then a War of Realms one with all these tie ins.

edit: Actually reviewing the issue count, depending on what they include, two and a War of Realms one seems more likely ala Hickman Avengers. It all depends if they include the Original Sin stuff as well as Unworthy Thor, Battleword: Thor and any of the Angela stuff.

Well Thors is kind of necessary to set up Unworthy Thor and then for the War Thor subplot in Jane Thor so I have to imagine they'll be somewhere.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am an awful person who likes the look of red she hulk so I'm excited for her return

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

site posted:

I am an awful person who likes the look of red she hulk so I'm excited for her return

The guest art from Kyle Hotz was amazing - I loved how Betty's emotions boiling under the surface was so well illustrated as the captions provided insight.

Plus, her side-eye and stink eye game is STRONG.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Aarons’s Avengers continues to be fun, enjoyable and very very superhero-y. I’m so glad he’s on this right now.

His Conan too, but drat I needed me some Avengers comics with this feel to it after Bendis and Hickman.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 6, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't read this week's but after the last issue I'm convinced the only reason he made their fortress a dead Celestial was so they could make the "Gut Check" jokes about locking down the area in the stomach. And it was the right decision.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Metalshark posted:

Plus, her side-eye and stink eye game is STRONG.

Well honed through years of righteous resentment towards the awful men in her life

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

So I’m thinking of getting into Uncanny X-Men based entirely on seeing classic-suit Cyclops on the cover and hearing that Logan and Scott are back running the show. Is this a good jumping in point?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scott is not in classic suit in the book I'd imagine. The cover just had a bunch of Scotts. I think didn't it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Haven't read today's issue but it's basically just Scott and Logan going around trying to figure out what happened to all the mutants and the X-Men after issue ...10??, so not really much in the way of classic suits or teams at the moment

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

X-O posted:

Scott is not in classic suit in the book I'd imagine. The cover just had a bunch of Scotts. I think didn't it?

The cover this week as far as I can make out has Scott in his 90s costume with some images of old villains in front of him. Maybe it’s different because I’m using the app or something?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone give Meet The Skrulls a go?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Nilbop posted:

So I’m thinking of getting into Uncanny X-Men ... Is this a good jumping in point?

Jesus, no.

Current UXM is a "almost all the mutants are dead, oh no!" scenario while a pretty good "meaningless alternate reality" story plays out in the Age of X-Man books. I'm assuming the next Status Quo is going to kick-in in a few months when AoX is done. Could be good. Probably won't be, unless the writer's someone who hasn't been on X-Men in a while/someone new entirely.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i stand corrected, there are in fact 90s uniforms in todays uncanny

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Immortal Hulk is also the scene of Tony's worst crime yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Domino Hot Shots was okay. Not quite as charming as the solo title. Baldeon's pencils are amazing, though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Immortal Hulk is also the scene of Tony's worst crime yet.

All lies, this one panel retroactively redeemed all of Tony's past sins.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe it's just cuz I'm high but I thought cosmic ghost rider destroys the marvel universe was pretty funny

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Paul Scheer wrote it, of course it's funny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Domino Hot Shots was okay. Not quite as charming as the solo title. Baldeon's pencils are amazing, though.

I liked the new colorist better, too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Caught up on Thor. Just need to catch up on Avengers and I'll be ready for War of the Realms.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Avengers hasn't really had anything to do with it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah right now avengers is doing an arc about vampires

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Anything Jason Aaron writes is worth reading.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Vampires are also cool

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

Anything Jason Aaron writes is worth reading.

Thanos Rising is hot garbage. But otherwise I mostly agree.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bad news folks. Newspaper Spider-Man is coming to a close.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
RIP NPSM, never got to Australia

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1104179410675085312

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Too many bonks to the head. :smith:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

This makes me profoundly sad in a way I can't properly convey. Good night, sweet idiot prince...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TwoPair posted:

This makes me profoundly sad in a way I can't properly convey. Good night, sweet idiot prince...

Same. :smith:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Godspeed...Excelsior, even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't believe all-new avengers was a reboot of all-new avengers