Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Have any reviews mentioned the split between Dante/Nero/V missions? Curious how many levels we actually will get to play as the 2 other dudes or if there's an option to use them in any stage at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I’m Nico

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I see no sign of turbo mode. Maybe it comes with Bloody Palace.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

wonder what the live-action version of this scene is gonna be.

edit: i like how trish is throwing an "don't encourage him" look. :allears:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

That scene plays rather less well in view of the recent Michael Jackson stuff.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It's pure like a newborn baby. :allears:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Unlucky7 posted:

Do we have any impressions of the PC version anywhere?

PC gamer and PC world both have it high marks, and re2 and 7 both ran well on pc

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gunder posted:

That scene plays rather less well in view of the recent Michael Jackson stuff.

It plays even better because Dante can do all the good dancing and not molest kids

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Not bad but Dante doing Shakespeare with Agnus is still better

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 6, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Videogames ARE art.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Allegedly the story mode is around 10-15 hours long.
That's basically the length of DMC3.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jumping with Mega Buster.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jack Trades posted:

Jumping with Mega Buster.

when he dashes I want him to leave blue afterimages lines lol memory problems

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 6, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The 12 Deluxe Edition battle tracks from previous games are not dynamic with style rank unfortunately.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jack Trades posted:

The 12 Deluxe Edition battle tracks from previous games are not dynamic with style rank unfortunately.

day 1 mod challenge

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can take or leave the dynamic music. It's a nice novelty.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All I ask is some of the tracks start at a proper moment in the song.

Like Devils Never Cry is one of my favorite songs in video games ever, but if it starts like the song is supposed to then every encounter with that music is gonna begin with about a solid minute of slow music and I feel like they would hopefully have the foresight to see that could happen.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jack Trades posted:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO! :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jack Trades posted:

Allegedly the story mode is around 10-15 hours long.
That's basically the length of DMC3.

Very nice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DumbCerb/status/1103330196265058304

:thunk:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
:siren: MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR FINAL BOSS!! :siren:

Looks like Ninja Theory really did have an influence on this game's aesthetic :j:

https://i.imgur.com/uMk8TQN.jpg

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Something I just thought about. I always assumed since the reveal of DMC5 that Dante was getting old and aging like a human, just at a slower rate since he's half demon, because of the white/grey facial hair. Then I remembered that all the descendants of Sparda have seemingly always had white hair, so why shouldn't beards or mustaches be the same? So even though Dante looks like he might be in his 50's now, he's probably still going to grow a lot older than everyone else.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Gologle posted:

Something I just thought about. I always assumed since the reveal of DMC5 that Dante was getting old and aging like a human, just at a slower rate since he's half demon, because of the white/grey facial hair. Then I remembered that all the descendants of Sparda have seemingly always had white hair, so why shouldn't beards or mustaches be the same? So even though Dante looks like he might be in his 50's now, he's probably still going to grow a lot older than everyone else.

Oh. Itsuno, you clever gent.

So there might be a clever way to unlock all the difficulties in one go (or a faster go depending on when you do it).

So in the prologue there's a boss fight you're supposed to lose. But that doesn't mean it's unwinnable. Apparently winning that fight will unlock all difficulties rather than having to beat the previous one to unlock the next.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Does anyone know when the Steam version releases? Is it midnight Thursday or 11am Friday?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Koobes posted:

Does anyone know when the Steam version releases? Is it midnight Thursday or 11am Friday?

Go to the steam page and there's a news article showing the release time for all regions

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sweet, it's getting a midnight release on Steam. I'll be playing this tomorrow night! (after a sensible nap)

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: PC version preload is up :siren: It's 30 gigs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
have this mid (tgs) boss music on repeat all day and my blood is on fire, this poo poo is too good and im getting worried this and devil trigger are the only two good tracks. ( i dont know why i should be worried, theres probably lots more good poo poo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVGrsiVSpSA

give this me noooooooooooooow! ahahhhhHHhhh

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 7, 2019

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Would I need to get the deluxe edition in order to get those bonus Devil Breakers, or am I able to get them through normal gameplay in the standard edition as well?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1103374155729252357

Maximum hype!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sonel posted:

:siren: PC version preload is up :siren: It's 30 gigs.

Officially pre-loading for optimal release when the time comes and so do I.

2am Friday, I still have a full day of Not Playing DMCV.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh. Itsuno, you clever gent.

So there might be a clever way to unlock all the difficulties in one go (or a faster go depending on when you do it).

So in the prologue there's a boss fight you're supposed to lose. But that doesn't mean it's unwinnable. Apparently winning that fight will unlock all difficulties rather than having to beat the previous one to unlock the next.

If thats true thats quite clever and nice even though Im absolutely not going to beat him on my first try.

Or possibly ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

:siren: MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR FINAL BOSS!! :siren:

Looks like Ninja Theory really did have an influence on this game's aesthetic :j:

https://i.imgur.com/uMk8TQN.jpg

I do not see 5 cutscene interruptions.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao i have the game in my hands but need to get a bunch of work done, then class and then midnight movie showing, not gonna be able to play until friday now hahahah fml.

the lenticular cover is purdy tho.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/dev1_official/status/1103654207557521408?s=19

:allears:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DMC1’s combat is dated as hell by now but man Nelo Angelo is still really fun to fight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing DMC5 right now, seems good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

For some reason my Pandora Bar isn't depleting after I use the super moves so I think I'm actually going to be able to finish DMC4 before 5 comes out tonight :)

EDIT: Oh lol I think it's because I chose a special Dante costume for this mission, I just got a harsh penalty after finishing the mission called "Super Character."

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 7, 2019