Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder if the federal libs will kamikaze into the NDP if they feel they can’t pull off a win.

but shirley, that would be unprecedented!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

infernal machines posted:

tbf harper was also never stupid enough to get caught out doing something like this and he kept a tight lid on his entire caucus

in the same circumstances harper would have done the same thing, except it wouldn't have made headlines because his justice minister would have rolled over

i suppose that's the real fundamental difference with the liberals, arrogance. hubris even.

Trudeau, more than anything, is just a terrible politician

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder if the federal libs will kamikaze into the NDP if they feel they can’t pull off a win.

Search your heart for what you know to be true

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Trudeau, more than anything, is just a terrible politician

Bu bu but he was the heir apparent, the son of the chosen one. How could he be so bad at this?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bu bu but he was the heir apparent, the son of the chosen one. How could he be so bad at this?

my nda allows me to inform you that ive been paid 5 million dollars by the conservatives to come up with their 2019 campaign slogan, "he's still not ready"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice hair though

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
also just have to say, everyone saying har har bet the libs wish theyd done pr now!! is dumb because the libs don't think one election at a time

they'd be infinitely happier to lose this election, boot trudeau, be in opposition for 4-10 years and then get majority governments that let them grift the country again, than be stuck in a situation of permanent minorities and coalitions

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also just realized that i should have gone with "hair apparent"

god dammit

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 06:17 on Mar 6, 2019

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If the Conservatives win again I'm joining the Revolutionary Communist Party.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
if the cons win again im staying in america forever and enjoying comrade bernie's presidency-for-life

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Thinking of running for the BQ here in Alberta

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

because lol why the gently caress not

setting aside the impossibility for a fun thought game of course

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm voting for whoever promises to reroute tornadoes through parliament

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Unironically y’all should run as independents or rhino party or whatever just to get up on stage during debates and scream the immortal science at the rest of the candidates.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Who is up to start literally the Leopards Eating Faces party?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-universities-funding-crunch-budget-documents-1.5036890

the university of manitoba is falling apart lol

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

It's over, Justin. I have the high ground!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Helsing posted:

It's over, Justin. I have the high ground!

:kiss:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
imagine getting dunked on by liz may

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

they did this exact thing in ontario complete with spreading voting disinfo, so yes absolutely

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

are you saying that we actually needed that education budget for something

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The loving institutions here love running to the media and pretending they're providing some valuable service and not just acting as an apparatus for collecting money. I don't understand how they're so hard pressed when in the past two decades they've been striking deals to get insane numbers of foreign students to pay exorbitant tuition fees without really expanding the campuses or programs. U of M especially, I went there in around 2010 and they had a huge influx of Chinese students who were paying honest to goodness 10x what we paid. So they were seeing an insane amount of extra money from existing classes/dorms. Where the gently caress did it all go?

Not to mention Red River College pretty much successfully tanked Manitoba's apprenticeship program, and instead of getting a job and having your employer pay for schooling after so many hours, you have to pony up 10g's to do whatever Intro to Trades horse poo poo they've come up with.

Kick out some of the loving failsons skimming salaries off the top and problem solved.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It's because the schools lose funding so they get more international students so the government sees that they can cut more funding so they get more international students so....

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Stickarts posted:

Unironically y’all should run as independents or rhino party or whatever just to get up on stage during debates and scream the immortal science at the rest of the candidates.

can't politics, poopin

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

autism ZX spectrum posted:

The loving institutions here love running to the media and pretending they're providing some valuable service and not just acting as an apparatus for collecting money. I don't understand how they're so hard pressed when in the past two decades they've been striking deals to get insane numbers of foreign students to pay exorbitant tuition fees without really expanding the campuses or programs. U of M especially, I went there in around 2010 and they had a huge influx of Chinese students who were paying honest to goodness 10x what we paid. So they were seeing an insane amount of extra money from existing classes/dorms. Where the gently caress did it all go?

Not to mention Red River College pretty much successfully tanked Manitoba's apprenticeship program, and instead of getting a job and having your employer pay for schooling after so many hours, you have to pony up 10g's to do whatever Intro to Trades horse poo poo they've come up with.

Kick out some of the loving failsons skimming salaries off the top and problem solved.

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Bonuses $30,000,000
Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my university is dying

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Mar 7, 2019

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Agree, fire everyone then run it as a student/prof co-op

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

normalizing corruption to own the cons

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
What's cool is that a whole bunch of universities have greatly increased spending on staff, but greatly decreased spending on faculty. Now, faculty are staff, which means that a poo poo ton of money is going to an ever-increasing range of middle managers and Assistant to the Vice President of Golfing Trips with Alumni (Florida and the Carribbean).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/stevelambertwpg/status/1103654777051889668?s=20

quote:

“We’re not going to solve it all by lowering a PST by one point, but at least somebody is trying to put a little bit more money on the kitchen table instead of taking it off," Pallister said. “Kitchen tables are under attack.”

“I don’t think we can take our foot off the pedal” in terms of curbing spending, he said. “We’ve started to turn the canoe to a safer shore, but now we have to paddle like crazy.”

gently caress these dumb assholes, they are going to slate the pst cut for may 1st or june 1st, 2020 then call an april election. they changed the party donation rules when they first took office and removed the per-vote subsidy so the manitoba ndp and liberals are still in debt from the last election and they have access to unlimited money.

democracy at work

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Cutting revenue generators when we have record debt and deficits across the country seems like prudent governance

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
love it when conservative governments simultaneously cut taxes and promise to balance the budget in the future

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

look, we don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem

~*creates a revenue problem*~

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i think they realized that people are catching onto the fact that cutting funding to schools and municipalities is forcing schools and cities to raise taxes because they ran like a month-long smear campaign about the mayor of winnipeg and are now threatening to punish school divisions and cities that raise taxes past the point of inflation

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

this actually funny, good job unpaid ndp social media intern

https://twitter.com/NDP/status/1103695328652320768?s=20

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_x1ARXiGWs&t=29m40s

Reporter: Just to clarify, are you apologizing for anything today?
Trudeau: Um, I'm making an Inuit apology this afternoon.

This guy is a beast, a God. Ruthless and remorseless, he deserves two more terms. Unwavering. Think about that. When somebody asks them that question, the thought of doing anything wrong isn't even near his mind. His agenda is what pops up. He's a busy guy, let's let him get back to work making jobs. He's right about one thing, he has certainly dulled the appetite for electoral reform because this guy is just in a different league.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/stevelambertwpg/status/1103654777051889668?s=20

gently caress these dumb assholes, they are going to slate the pst cut for may 1st or june 1st, 2020 then call an april election. they changed the party donation rules when they first took office and removed the per-vote subsidy so the manitoba ndp and liberals are still in debt from the last election and they have access to unlimited money.

democracy at work

https://twitter.com/stevelambertwpg/status/1103760443649257480?s=20

i was off on the pst cut by a month and a year

now im betting we are going to get a summer snap election right before the federal one

DariusLikewise has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Mar 7, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

democracy at work

isn't austerity fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

i think they realized that people are catching onto the fact that cutting funding to schools and municipalities is forcing schools and cities to raise taxes because they ran like a month-long smear campaign about the mayor of winnipeg and are now threatening to punish school divisions and cities that raise taxes past the point of inflation

the free market is so powerful and effective that we have to babysit it at every turn