Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Mag is my favorite frame bar none (that awesome helmet being a large reason why), but what makes the Exergis this good as opposite to say, a Lanka? Usually I just run a gas/mag Cycron with a blast/cor Falcor for maximum Tron cosplay, the Cycron, being a beam weapon, absolutely POURS damage into the magnetize bubble. It doesn't do the awesome punchthrough trick like the Lanka, but the gas damage inflicted is more than enough to kill everything in splitseconds. Plus, my mag is modded for minimum Duration, so the bubbles explodes after about 3-4 seconds, and one clip from the Cycron is more than enough to turn them into mini nukes.

...buuuuuut Exergis might fit pretty well too. I might actually start to run mag with a primary again. Anyone got an Exergis Riven they're willing to sell?

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Awesome! posted:

at the end of the day im sure they have accountants analyzing this poo poo and run their formulas and decided these were the most profitable price points.
In some cases it's even better than that. Just before I signed up, players complained that the Prime Access packs had exclusive cosmetics. If you already had the Prime frame and just wanted the plat and cosmetics, you needed to buy them again just to get the exclusive cosmetics.

The solution they came up with (and this is why large chunks of the community get very defensive if people accuse DE of being money hungry) was to ask the community what they wanted to pay for just the cosmetics. And the community decided about $10-15 less than the prime + accessories pack seemed fair.

I mean obviously there were the ones saying that everything should be free, but generally most of the suggestions seemed to average out at the price that is currently set. It was one of the things that actually attracted me to trying the game since it happened around the time Destiny was under fire for really cranking up the eververse poo poo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty fine paying what i do for tennogen stuff because it's the actual creators of the pieces getting the good majority of the money

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Wasn't buff lady frame supposed to be in this week's patch? Please DE, I'm craving that jetpack Zarya action.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty fine paying what i do for tennogen stuff because it's the actual creators of the pieces getting the good majority of the money

TennoGen's good poo poo. Would rather throw some pocket money at an artist (and a decent dev team) for some crazy rear end space ninja cloak, than dive into the pit of loot box cosmetics that every other game on the market offers.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Samuringa posted:

Someone posted their Chroma build to me and I immediately lost it and can't find going back through my posts, if whoever did that is reading do you mind posting it again :sweatdrop:

I don't know if it was me, but here, have the best possible Chroma.

Feel free to swap out similar mods if you don't have any of that, Chroma kicks rear end even without being minmaxed to hell and back.

Also I maxed Primed Continuity and dropped a point of Streamline since I made that, so pretend there's a little more duration.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SteelMentor posted:

Wasn't buff lady frame supposed to be in this week's patch? Please DE, I'm craving that jetpack Zarya action.

TennoGen's good poo poo. Would rather throw some pocket money at an artist (and a decent dev team) for some crazy rear end space ninja cloak, than dive into the pit of loot box cosmetics that every other game on the market offers.

yeah, hildryn is absolutely in the imminent mainline

also definitely. i can pick exactly what i know i want and let someone know i dig their work.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, tennogen is definitely expensive for most profiles of players (myself included), but it's good to know some people are making a livelihood out of their items for sale, and that DE allows them enough of a cut to make this happen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't care if hildryn is garbage on release. exalted rocket launchers is all i need and i will make that poo poo work.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait to see how Hildryns powers running off of shields works in practice. Like, will the augur set just regen shields at the same time they get spent? And that archgun looks badass.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, arcane barrier prices spiked a week after they revealed hildryn. before that point they were junk drops, now they go for more than guardian.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Avynte posted:

I can't wait to see how Hildryns powers running off of shields works in practice. Like, will the augur set just regen shields at the same time they get spent? And that archgun looks badass.

Augur gains Shields based on energy spent, and as I understand it she spends shields instead of energy so I would think the augur set bonus would actually do nothing for her

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hopefully there’s a neat quest to get Hildryn and there isn’t too much of a materials grind.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unfortunately, arcane barrier prices spiked a week after they revealed hildryn. before that point they were junk drops, now they go for more than guardian.

or fortunately, if you're an eidolon addict. i think i have four or five dupes of r3s.

i'll probably sell them at a massive discount to clan people though, everyone's given me so much stuff since i joined i'd rather pay it forward than sit on a hoard of plat.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
here's some of my "fashion frame" I don't consider it fashion frame since only one is not a base frame...or whether you call non primes or umbras. sigh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did someone call for fashion frame

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Johnny Joestar posted:

did someone call for fashion frame

ye. nice ember!

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Mimesweeper posted:

or fortunately, if you're an eidolon addict. i think i have four or five dupes of r3s.

i'll probably sell them at a massive discount to clan people though, everyone's given me so much stuff since i joined i'd rather pay it forward than sit on a hoard of plat.

I'd love to take you up on this and figure out a fair price. I'm very, very ready for Hildryn.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
same

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fruity20 posted:

ye. nice ember!

graxx skins are essential

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I love a lot of the graxx skins even though I don't own any yet, especially because I just bought the kuva armour and they mesh so well together.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'll probably buy Hildren and Wisp outright unless the missions are fun.

I'm plat drunk and don't have a ton of free time.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

I'm as new to Space Fashion as I am to Warframe in general, but there was call for Rhino, yes?

Because in the end I just made the white Power Ranger.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Does Adaptation gently caress with the amount of energy you get back from Rage? I'm playing about with a Nidus build and levelling it up in onslaught, but I don't really feel like the amount of energy I get back is particularly huge, and i'm wondering if it's because rage works out its energy refund after the Adaptation DR has been applied (so 90% DR means only 10% of the 40% damage-as-energy)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Rage works off of final damage to health, so Adaptation probably does gently caress with it :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why did they think rhino prime needed to be a windup toy? i dont get it

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

You were expecting fashionframe of Rhino, but it was I, LIMBO!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man those dressing room shots are so depressing, not a single floof in sight

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Is it fashionframe time?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

floofs are reserved for my pet station

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its never not fashionframe time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

So, what's the average pace most people who don't spend real money on the game get new frames?

Also, and I have a feeling the answer to this question is going to be depressing, but is there a way to get cool syandanas without outright buying them or trading?

And finally, what the best way to get around on foot usually? I've settled into a pattern of roll > slide > twirl >repeat. I might also try and double roll if the twirl finishes in mid air. Am I doing that right?

I never spent a dime on warframe, mostly used the free twitch prime Trinity which carried me through the newbie levels being able to keep everyone topped off on health and energy, excalibar umbra was also good since both came with potatoes and didn't need much forma.

Took about a month before I figured out I could sell fish for plat every day and then my warframe count ballooned from 2-3 to as many as I could get my hands on, I have a big post in my history about how to make plat as a new player.

For Syandana, so long as it doesn't have a dollar value next to it (due to being player made) and has a plat value you can get those without paying real money so long as you trade your stuff for plat regularly.

For movement just bullet jump as early and often as possible while navigating doorways.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 7, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tallgeese is always buying sentirum

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

McKilligan posted:

Mag is my favorite frame bar none (that awesome helmet being a large reason why), but what makes the Exergis this good as opposite to say, a Lanka?

A gas modded Lanka will do much the same thing but be worse as a gun you'd want to use normally (because it's slow).

It's a combination of long projectile lifetime plus lots of punch through that makes the magic happen within a mag bubble. Lanka's advantage is that you don't actually need to mod for more punch through like you do with Exergis.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Awesome! posted:

tallgeese is always buying sentirum

Why does it feel like tallgeese is playing some weird Warframe meta?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Gotta make your own fun sometimes

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I remember him from the Dark Souls 1 thread

everyone: "gently caress Ornstein and Smaugh were tough, had 13 tries but now im done :getin:"

Tallgeese: "if I hack this item right it slows players by 99% and plays the Benny Hill Theme"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Elissimpark posted:

Why does it feel like tallgeese is playing some weird Warframe meta?

As far as I can tell he's trying to 100% the game for free. In this case, I suspect it's using the gems to make in-demand arcanes. That in and of itself would be meh, but he's doing that with everything. All the time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

brainworms.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

many of the real money cosmetics are frustratingly gorgeous. i do not want to buy a skin for $7 for a single frame, but it's so pretty...

I broke down and bought the Corpra skin for Excalibur right when Fortuna dropped because it was a perfect fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mailer posted:

As far as I can tell he's trying to 100% the game for free
If that actually means that he's never gotten a tennogen skin then that's the saddest thing i've heard all week. :( They've been worth every cent for me

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 7, 2019