Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The funny thing about the Virtual Boy is it had like 20 games and every single one of them loving ruled

I don't think that's accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Virtual Boy had some great games that would be considered classics if they had been released on anything else. VR was the system's whole selling point and then only two games attempted to be VR.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wario land was pretty cool but even as a small window on a computer screen that red on black is hard to look at

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Galactic loving Pinball, the Virtual Boy’s killer app.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The funny thing about the Virtual Boy is it had like 20 games and every single one of them loving ruled

Even Water World?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That thing is cool because Labo was supposed to be dead and VR was supposed to be just a patent.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I remember staring at my Virtual Boy playing Galactic Pinball hours at a time while I slowly waited for the world to kill me and free me from the unending torturous nightmare that is life.

Those were the happiest memories in my life, and I’m glad Labo will let me relive them except now I can pretend I’m a bird that shits on people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The baseball game on virtual boy sucks very much!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Mario Clash is better than Mario Odyssey

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm looking forward to using a cardboard camera in Pokemon Snap VR.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Late but just saying Adam Sessler is a really cool dude nowadays.

Also you all forgot the greatest Old Video Game Media Video:

https://youtu.be/y3JUrhh9VC8

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm looking forward to using a cardboard camera in Pokemon Snap VR.

Yes please :stwoon:.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rirse posted:

Even Water World?

Especially Waterworld

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7j6bTO7Kwk
Caligula Effect? Anyone? comes out the 12th I have never heard of it.

Splatoon needs a spinoff rpg, that world needs to be explored

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

The funny thing about the Virtual Boy Wii U is it had like 20 games and every single one of them loving ruled

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A game is not worthy of the name "Caligula" if it doesn't have a metal but also impractical death machine.

It was like a lawnmower that cut off heads. But you still had to waste time setting people in the ground so like...it was more like a spectacle thing than actual death machine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

A game is not worthy of the name "Caligula" if it doesn't have a metal but also impractical death machine.

It was like a lawnmower that cut off heads. But you still had to waste time setting people in the ground so like...it was more like a spectacle thing than actual death machine.

Isn't a spectacle the point of an elaborate an overly-metal death machine? :colbert:

Besides, the real observation is that there seems to be a remarkable lack of hedonism and debauchery, especially for a low-budget JRPG :pseudo:.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I've been wondering what was up with the cardboard bird toy in the labo announcement trailer for a very long time. Never dreamed it was for VR.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kilometers Davis posted:

Also you all forgot the greatest Old Video Game Media Video:

https://youtu.be/y3JUrhh9VC8

There are multiple Gaming in the Clinton Years videos that can qualify as greatest old game media video.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Front loaded anvils

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Funky Valentine posted:

There are multiple Gaming in the Clinton Years videos that can qualify as greatest old game media video.
Donkey Kong Country is the best one.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Especially Waterworld

Jfc I heard the voice in my head

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Doc M posted:

Donkey Kong Country is the best one.

it may be harsh, but it's the truth

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

it may be harsh, but it's the truth

If you don't watch that video, you are stupid!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7j6bTO7Kwk
Caligula Effect? Anyone? comes out the 12th I have never heard of it.

Splatoon needs a spinoff rpg, that world needs to be explored

It's by the director of the original two Persona games which makes it interesting but the Vita version ran like poo poo and played pretty badly too. The new release changes a bunch of stuff and adds a female player character option but I dunno if it'll be enough. I'm gonna give it a go though since I never played the original version.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has nintendo made other skin thingies like this

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

Not for the Switch. At least, not that I know of.

Also, holy poo poo I need that.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

I might have to get the Zelda one

https://www.play-asia.com/search/Keys+factory+protector

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That Yoshi one is cute too. The squid one is too real, don't know what they were thinking with that one. Looks gross.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

name them

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A store that sells old stuff like furniture near me has a Virtual Boy and various old PC games. The guy who runs the till is pretty chill but he likes to gently caress with me. If I want the stupid VB I gotta pay almost 200 bucks. There's also a copy of Mystery of the Druids he claims is worth 50 smackers.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Looper posted:

name them

I don't know about 20 but VB Wario Land and Galactic Pinball are legit good

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Teleroboxer and Panic Bomber are great too.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lodin posted:

There's also a copy of Mystery of the Druids he claims is worth 50 smackers.
I have not believed something harder than this.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

1. wonderful 101
2. bayonetta 2
3. mario 3d world
4. new mario u
5. mario maker
6. mario kart 8
7. smash for
8. yoshi wooly world
9. nintendo land
10. donkey kong tropical freeze
11. pikmin 3
12. hyrule warriors
13. kirby rainbow curse
14. paper mario color splash (@ me)
15. tokyo mirage sessions
16. captain toad
17. fatal frame 5
18. splatoon
19. pokken
20. breath of the wild

case closed

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Fully half of those have either been ported or have a sequel on the Switch with more features

Lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what's your point? just naming good games first released for the wii u

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
And the switch gets to have most of those games too!! It's a good system!!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Heath posted:

Fully half of those have either been ported or have a sequel on the Switch with more features

Lol
Yeah and the other half I never got to play because I never had a Wii U so I hope they port the rest of them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah and the other half I never got to play because I never had a Wii U so I hope they port the rest of them too.

I played them all and I hope so too.

From 2013-2016, I think the Wii U had the best library out of all current consoles and I won’t hear otherwise.