Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Spider-Man wants evidence to prove he's not racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so he's going to take pictures as spiderman, which will then be published under the name peter parker. meanwhile, peter's going to be busy staring at a dog and wondering if it suspects he is spiderman.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Johnny Walker posted:

Spider-Man wants evidence to prove he's not racist.

Twitter account @notpeterparker is going to make an equivalent post to this in the near future:
https://twitter.com/michaelcohen212/status/897803706737074177?lang=en

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want Spidey to take a selfie and try to sell it to JJJ as Peter Parker.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Zeeman posted:

Twitter account @notpeterparker is going to make an equivalent post to this in the near future:

Does Kanye even count as black anymore?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I can't find Kanye and I don't know if that makes me racist

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

Does Kanye even count as black anymore?

I don't think we've even counted him as a member of our reality in years.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zeeman posted:

God drat that post has aged.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1102981403036315649

JJJ is always good

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

JK Simmons was such a perfect casting choice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NEXT: RIP SPIDER-MAN

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's really kind of everyone to humor Spidey and pretend they don't know he's Peter Parker.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So which Battle Royale game do you think Spider-Man prefers, Apex Legends, PUBG, or Fortnite.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"I had to start taking pictures too, since someone blew up my theater."

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

So which Battle Royale game do you think Spider-Man prefers, Apex Legends, PUBG, or Fortnite.

It’s not Tetris 99. All those bricks scare him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Peter doesn't actually take any of the pictures. We all know this right?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Radical Heights :smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

NEXT: RIP SPIDER-MAN

A Battle Royale, is that what the kids are calling it these days. :heysexy:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's a good line by MJ, because Luke will easily believe that Peter Parker is so incompetent his wife has to do job for him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only video game peter plays is getting a blanket stuck over his head and then running around screaming in terror. that's why mj had to return the wii the same day she bought it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like how newspaper SM is faking pictures now.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
#fakenewspaperspiderman

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like how newspaper SM is faking pictures now.

Oh, that ship has long since sailed.

Amazing Spider-Man #4.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He did get in poo poo for it once at the Bugle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lobok posted:

He did get in poo poo for it once at the Bugle.

Yeah, like 50 years later. Because Dan Slott really wanted to take a fictional character to task for something he did when he was 15 in a ridiculous 60s comic in an attempt to make money to pay for his sickly aunt's rent. So he had him do a much more unethical and dumb version of it for no good reason? As a grown man with a career to lose?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, like 50 years later. Because Dan Slott really wanted to take a fictional character to task for something he did when he was 15 in a ridiculous 60s comic in an attempt to make money to pay for his sickly aunt's rent. So he had him do a much more unethical and dumb version of it for no good reason? As a grown man with a career to lose?

I mean, didn't he do it to save Jonah's job and Jonah was like "that's bullshit"?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, didn't he do it to save Jonah's job and Jonah was like "that's bullshit"?

I mean kinda sorta but it is insane that he was expecting that to work. That's like "My fiancee won't mind if I make out with this hot woman in public" level stupid. When Peter was taking pictures of him punching sand he was scamming an rear end in a top hat boss who had a personal crusade against his alter-ego to make sure he and his aunt didn't get kicked out of his home. In that story he was trying to make a stubborn journalist look good so that uh... the public would be less mean to him about how he's been doing a crap job as mayor?

Like it's not an action I can relate to.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jonah is kind of a surly surrogate father to Peter at times so Pete wanted to protect him. Jonah had too much integrity to let that happen.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Peter's not a fan of selfies

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

maltesh posted:

Oh, that ship has long since sailed.

Amazing Spider-Man #4.
Who's he talking to? It's not even thought bubbles, he's literally explaining his actions to himself. (I know, I know, it's the only way Peter can remember anything.)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

I was talking about an earlier story actually. From the 80s I want to say.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Payndz posted:

Who's he talking to? It's not even thought bubbles, he's literally explaining his actions to himself. (I know, I know, it's the only way Peter can remember anything.)

I forgot about the webwings so looked up some early Spidey stuff and found the first comic he was on the cover of.

Really fitting that in his literal first appearance he is thinking out-loud and being bad at secret identities.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zerilan posted:

I forgot about the webwings so looked up some early Spidey stuff and found the first comic he was on the cover of.

Really fitting that in his literal first appearance he is thinking out-loud and being bad at secret identities.

He's going to blanket that guy so his secret is safe.

I think that's "uncle Ben" or something.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Pictures of the two fighting are just going to make Spider-Man look like the bad guy fighting the hero for hire though? I know Jonah will drag Spidey's name through the mud no matter what, but I didn't think Peter would willingly contribute.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

freshlybaked posted:

Pictures of the two fighting are just going to make Spider-Man look like the bad guy fighting the hero for hire though? I know Jonah will drag Spidey's name through the mud no matter what, but I didn't think Peter would willingly contribute.

He's been willingly contributing for ages.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
SPIDER-BIGOT SPARKS RACE RIOT, BULLY BATTERS BIG BLACK BRAWLER

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

freshlybaked posted:

A short summary of Peter's job at the Bugle is that he gets paid to make Spider-Man look bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, he took stock of what he was really good at and then managed to make a living with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zerilan posted:

I think Dan Slott did a one-page story explaining that guy's history. Turns out he was screaming so loud it completey drowned out Peter's narration.