Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
When Lei Feng drove his truck 1000 li, he carried with inside it 1000 千 of good deeds

For example, on weekends, while others took time off, he went to train stations and helped the elderly carry their children and broom-sweep the lavatories

He also secretly washed the socks of his fellow soldiers when they were asleep, so that his good deed might remain anonymous

we should all learn from comrade Lei Feng

Typo has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

we should all learn from comrade Lei Feng
thread title plz mods

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Fried chicken with chickiti-Chinese characteristics

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Typo posted:

deus ex was stupid because the PRC privatized their police force in it

loving lol if you think the CPC would ever do that in a zillion years, the party must control the gun

There's a lot of misconceptions Westerners have about China assuming that they'll cripple themselves with neoliberalism the same way Western countries do. (as opposed to different ways)

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Lei Feng posted:

Today is Sunday. I did not go out. I washed five sets of bedding for the comrades of my squad; I patched up one quilt for comrade-in-arms Gao Kuiyun; I helped the Cooking Division wash over six hundred catties of cabbage. I also cleaned indoors and outdoors, and did some other chores…. In a word, today I have fulfilled the duty of a qinwuyuan; although I am a bit tired, I feel very happy.

My comrades were all wondering who laundered their beddings so clean. Comrade Gao Kuiyun said in amazement: “Who replaced my worn quilt?....” Ha, he actually has no idea that it was I who did it. I feel it is the greatest glory to be a nameless hero. From now on [I] should do more of those routine, petty and ordinary jobs, and say fewer pretty words.

I would encourage all readers to follow his good example!

Typo has issued a correction as of 07:45 on Mar 7, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Fried chicken with chickiti-Chinese characteristics

lol

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
will nobody speak out against President Xi's plot to stop the brains of the Chinese people??

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Typo posted:

Happy As Lazaro is basically about this dude, and accurately portrays that he would be treated and despised like a slave due to this behavior

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6fRQoov60

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also, remember comrades to demand the Lei Feng menu in a KFC near to you. Demand to see the manager if they have none. Write complaints. How come the management keeps the secret recipe of Lei Feng wings to Chinese customers?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Also, remember comrades to demand the Lei Feng menu in a KFC near to you. Demand to see the manager if they have none. Write complaints. How come the management keeps the secret recipe of Lei Feng wings to Chinese customers?

this is almost worth getting a twitter account to spam the brand twitter with

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
LeiFeng is a good example of how fake myth can be made up in pretty short time. I read some hypothesis how historical Jesus never exist, they sound pretty convincing.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

tino posted:

LeiFeng is a good example of how fake myth can be made up in pretty short time. I read some hypothesis how historical Jesus never exist, they sound pretty convincing.

Both historical jesus and historical lei feng existed and only one is unscientific myth

Typo has issued a correction as of 15:26 on Mar 7, 2019

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

watch from 1:06:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGeevtdp1WQ

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

1) Do not demand to see the manager, but rather, appeal to the workers directly

2) If they do not comply do this:

https://twitter.com/Rossini44441949/status/1103692868487692288

but scream about the Lei Feng spirit instead

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/XHNews/status/1103638720824164352

laoweis while your opinions are obviously unimportant please do this poll anyway

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I think the distinction is whether the copied elements are protected under IP law. Outright copying source code and blueprints vs re-creating general product features.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
The difference is broadly trying to take the same place in the payments and SNS ecosystem versus literally copy designs and interfaces. Do you think Facebook is going to take the Wechat interface and code and outright steal it, maaaybe changing the colors?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
stealing IP is really good

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

It's me, stealing IP Freely

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
IP is a fiction.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I am sure Zuck wants to popup a payment screen on the facebook app and pay all my shopping.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/sunraysunray/status/1104242278485364736?s=21

remember: China is not fascist. it’s just a heavily-managed capitalist society governed by a ruthlessly authoritarian managerial class. v different

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/gilbertjasono/status/1104490255770681344?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Shut the gently caress up hamprince

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

remember: China is not fascist. it’s just a heavily-managed capitalist society governed by a ruthlessly authoritarian managerial class. v different

yeah that's basically what fascism is, good job

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

well it's not like they're putting minorities into concentration camps like western fascists would have, or persecuting labor leaders

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fallen Hamprince posted:

wow, crazy that the editor of the country's biggest socdem magazine and a guy who works at the Open Markets Institute would have separate and flawed understandings of china

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Only I possess a true understanding of China.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Judakel posted:

Only I possess a true understanding of China.

shut the gently caress up. go post about superheroes some more

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

please forgive guyovich for being crabby, the anniversary of Great Stalin's death was a few days ago and he's still a bit touchy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"state-managed liberalism" is complete and utter nonsense

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

liberalism can mean whatever you want it to mean, as long as it is bad

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
it's true, whenever I think of the worst of liberalism my mind goes straight to your posts

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gadyepstein/status/1104608175569993729

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

R. Guyovich posted:

I can't wait for climate change to destroy China.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The unnamed country can only salivate at our aex trafficking

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

turns out the Illuminati is real, it’s one Chinese lady running a massage parlor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021