Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Y'all ready for Mysterious Hero X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm ready for another Intuition skill, hell yeah

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Crasical posted:

What's a good way to read Water Margin if I want to learn more about my new punch boy?
This would be Babby's First Chinese Novel so one with annotations might be necessary.

There is a guy who made a 100+ Episode Podcast out of Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, which he translated himself as he went along from the original Chinese version. Took him almost 3 years to do and I really loved it. He goes into lore behind some of things characters say and do giving you reference for events outside of the narrative being brought up and so on. Did a really great job aside from some missteps early on. He just started a podcast for the Water Margin if you are willing to listen to the story over the course of the next year+. The podcast is listed under Outlaws of the marsh. I think his website for the podcast is the same name with a .com slapped on the end.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my cry of despair on Saturday as i roll Arthur instead of Waver

start practicing your zerkerlot impression

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gologle posted:

I wonder if Clawtopsy will regret his words and deeds about Sanson when Salem comes out.

excuse me i have leveled and foud and skill upd sanson because if marie forgives him for being a creepy guro fetishist who wanted to jerk himself raw asking marie if she came when getting killed then i must forgive him, too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That Sanson, what a rascal

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Sanson is a good boy, one of the first servants I max ascended, and one of my three Grail Holders. It hurts my heart when I hear you call him a Guro Fetishist! Clawtopsy, if he's a good and nice boy in Salem, will you stop calling him that?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Marie is great but her squad sucks.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Crasical posted:

Sanson is a good boy, one of the first servants I max ascended, and one of my three Grail Holders. It hurts my heart when I hear you call him a Guro Fetishist! Clawtopsy, if he's a good and nice boy in Salem, will you stop calling him that?

he is tho

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Marie is great but her squad sucks.

dont talk poo poo about my sassy musician boi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't imagine hating Mozart

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Clawtopsy posted:

dont talk poo poo about my sassy musician boi

Marie keeping him from making his legendary fart jokes is the worst thing she's ever done.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Sanson is great in Salem, probably the best written char in the main troupe. iirc Meteor was a big fan of him before, so it's not surprising he'd try to do him justice.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Marie keeping him from making his legendary fart jokes is the worst thing she's ever done.

ah, but would mozart bother pushing the envelope without marie to harass? it is a question 4 the ages.......

hm i should grail mozart

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

taser rates posted:

Sanson is great in Salem, probably the best written char in the main troupe. iirc Meteor was a big fan of him before, so it's not surprising he'd try to do him justice.

yeah, half the reason people thought salem was meteo right away was that he said he couldnt wait to write a bunch for sanson

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

:toot:

Maybe that whole catalyst talk isn't bunk afterall...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The crew summoned by Alter in Orleans can be considered Alters.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Good luck all y'all proto arthur rollers.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, my sanity evaporated

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm doing the Trial Quest with an all-Proto team (Ozy, Arash, Story Support Arthur, Proto Cu and Paracelsus).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Got my proto Arthur. Whatever flaws he has mechanically he is very, very handsome.

Failed to get a second for NP2 but I did pull a Berserker Lancelot which feels appropriate.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 7, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boring trial quest but the ticket got me a second casgilles and another single gave me outrage

now just need to roll a sands or fionna this weekend so i can pick the other as my freebie

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Uh, Astolfo banner and I have enough quartz lying around, might as well.
Lancer Li Shuwen and Lancer Vlad spooks. For me 2019 has been a spooky year so far.

Lancer Vlad was a good ST lancer, right?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes, he's bulky and can taunt/provide passive stars. his attack suffers a bit but he's got a pretty good mix of innate damage boosts plus anti-evil damage on an np that ignores invulnerability. since he doesn't have buster or crit buffs of his own Merlin pairs well with him too.

e: since he has lancer star weight you could probably even run him as semi-support due to his taunt/stars/tactics.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 7, 2019

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Didn't get Arthur but did get a second Tristan so I'm okay with this.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Woah, is this the first time this first person type narration has been in F/GO?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there was first-person stuff from Solomon or Goetia's pov iirc, but i dunno if they've done it for the master before

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
360 quartz got me NP2 Arthur, NP2 Tristan, two Rare Prisms disguised as Emiya and Siegfried, Caster Cu from NP3-5 and more importantly Bedi from NP1-5! :holy:

I also got my first two copies of Caster Gilles, which somehow I had never pulled before. Other notable pulls included a Kaleidoscope, a Dantes Files and an As You Wish. I was already pretty set on going for Conversation on the Hot Sands for my ticket CE, but now it's a no-brainer.

All in all, couldn't have asked for better results for what I was willing to spend out of my CCC stash!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Alright, a trial quest, 20 tickets, 2 10 rolls later, I'll have to bid you farewell Arthur, see you in Cosmos in the Lostbelt (probably).

Funny thing is I was only going to throw 10 ticks and maaaybe 1 10 roll at the banner, but I got spooked by Gawain and I got so pissed when I saw him. I did get at least 1 of every new CE though, as if I care.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why? Gawain's Arthur but cuter.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Gawain knows what he did.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I didn't realize Arthur needed 15 medals for his ascension and spent mine leveling MHXA's skills... :smith:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sophism posted:

I didn't realize Arthur needed 15 medals for his ascension and spent mine leveling MHXA's skills... :smith:

She's the better Arthur, you made the right decision.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you have one Altria, you have them all, I guess.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

If you have one Altria, you have them all, I guess.

Then what about me who stumbled into an np3 seiba, np3 larturia, np2 squirturia, and of course np5 Lily?

blossomingthing
Feb 28, 2019

self-ascribed 'big lesbian'
i did end up getting Arthur (after using all my 120 quartz and then got him with the trial quest ticket)

but more importantly i got this roll

http://imgur.com/a/3JtZbSJ.jpg

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I wanna wait a week for a shot at Cu Alter but I'd really just like some desert boyfriends.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Then what about me who stumbled into an np3 seiba, np3 larturia, np2 squirturia, and of course np5 Lily?

You've got them Alltria.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, after the event reruns I kind of burnt out on FGO for a minute. Guess I should probably start Shinjuku, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Got myself a Genderswapped Artoria from the Chaldea Boys banner.