Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Book covers of that era (especially Babysitters Club) has such a goofy artsyle that I love and want to see make a comeback

If I didn't like my avatar so much I would definitely get one of those faces as my avatar. Probably the tall guy in the middle but it's a tough decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

CPL593H posted:

If I didn't like my avatar so much I would definitely get one of those faces as my avatar. Probably the tall guy in the middle but it's a tough decision.

have a gif that flashes through all of them

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

K. Waste posted:

have a gif that flashes through all of them

Oh that's wonderful. I don't know how to make that though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A New Hope is a movie about hippies

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Because everything won't stop getting worse it turns out Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
gently caress. I love Trebek.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CPL593H posted:

get gifcam (or something similar) gather the various pictures and record each one with gifcam for about the same amount of time. Maybe edit out any rough bits and then just save it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Escobarbarian posted:

This Netflix news finally got me to grab One Hundred Years of Solitude. Looking forward to it!

Gentlemen, please! It’s Cien Años de Soledad. And you have to read it in the original Spanish version.

When you’re finished I highly recommend Мастер и Маргарита, followed by one of my favourites, ねじまき鳥クロニクル (Nejimakitori Kuronikuru).

therattle fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 7, 2019

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CPL593H posted:

Because everything won't stop getting worse it turns out Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

This loving sucks

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

get gifcam (or something similar) gather the various pictures and record each one with gifcam for about the same amount of time. Maybe edit out any rough bits and then just save it.

I had gifcam on my old computer and tried to do this with something else and I couldn't make it work. Maybe I'll give it another try because gifcam is fun anyway.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Eh nah

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 7, 2019

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

CPL593H posted:

The I Know What You Did Last Summer book isn't even horror. It's a mystery novel. The author was very displeased with the movie. Oh, and look at the loving cover for it. I love this cover. The facial expressions, the poses, the entire situation depicted, that one guy looking exactly like Seth Green. It's delightful.

Apparently later editions of it are "modernized" and mention beepers and cellphones or some poo poo.

Apparently so is similar era also-ran slasher Valentine.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got around to watching John Wick Chapter 2 and honestly I think I might like it more than the first. I love how on the nose it is :v:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CPL593H posted:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's hypnotic.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

It's hypnotic.

Yes. It’s like a lava lamp.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
ASMR of the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE7Nig2_N0M

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i am not a weed person but i'm seriously considering buying some for when i get to watch Spring Breakers in a theater again, since it's legal in California and i might as well, right?

it's weird that they still have the whole facade of "you have to have to be a patient" at most of the stores in CA, like I understand that it's the infrastructure that existed long before it was legalized but it's all very confusing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

DC Murderverse posted:

i am not a weed person but i'm seriously considering buying some for when i get to watch Spring Breakers in a theater again, since it's legal in California and i might as well, right?

it's weird that they still have the whole facade of "you have to have to be a patient" at most of the stores in CA, like I understand that it's the infrastructure that existed long before it was legalized but it's all very confusing.
Medical keeps out the riffraff. Plus there's still a tax free bracket but you gotta put in work for the card.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

No, sir, you misunderstood, they were explaining how weed is now very popular and that you must be patient.

Jokes aside, a lot of former medical dispensaries or delivery services are still running, and those probably still sit in a grey area because many have thus far avoided a lot of the new taxes. My town has two legal storefronts for weed now, but there’s still dozens of delivery services from the medical period. You can still apply for medical weed too, that system exists alongside the new one.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Weed is legal in Massachusetts and opening a pot store is just a big shakedown from the government. Before you even open a store or pay for the related expenses of s storefront you need all kinds of licenses which cost in excess of a hundred thousand dollars. It's like they just want people to continue selling it on the street.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that I don't have to deal with any of this lmao

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Weed is legal in Massachusetts and opening a pot store is just a big shakedown from the government. Before you even open a store or pay for the related expenses of s storefront you need all kinds of licenses which cost in excess of a hundred thousand dollars. It's like they just want people to continue selling it on the street.

Excuse me I believe you mean 120 dollar artisan juice deliveries are legal in Massachusetts.

“Sir here’s a paper bag and an Honest Tea that’ll be 200”

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 7, 2019

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I love that I don't have to deal with any of this lmao

I don't smoke weed I just think the whole thing is really crooked. Everyone kept wanting to "legalize it!" and then we did and it's a huge clusterfuck. Aside from the aforementioned expenses a lot of towns clutch their pearls about having a pot store even though Massachusetts is the loving heroin capitol of America.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CPL593H posted:

I don't smoke weed I just think the whole thing is really crooked. Everyone kept wanting to "legalize it!" and then we did and it's a huge clusterfuck. Aside from the aforementioned expenses a lot of towns clutch their pearls about having a pot store even though Massachusetts is the loving heroin capitol of America.

it's because the second that the powers that be got wind that legalization was inevitable (and it totally is, even though it will likely be decades before it's legal across all 50 states) they developed a series of plans that would keep as much of the power and money in the hands of the people who already have it, because they are greedy and terrible. So they can use "safety" as a bullshit reason to make the entry price to selling pot as high as possible, and then make mad money.

Honestly if I were an amoral rich person I would go around to every state that had even a minute amount of pressure building for legal pot and start pushing heavily for it, and make sure to include taking all of the people who were arrested for minor possession charges and having their records wiped clean, because if you say outright "this never should have been illegal and these people were sent to jail on a lie" and promise to let them go, you can probably get enough goodwill behind your effort that you can then create a heavily regulated economy with lots of positions that are appointed and basically run the entire industry in a state. Plus, since you've got a bunch of people who all of a sudden aren't in jail and can legally do what they got put in jail for, they'll be inclined to spend money to do it (assuming they didn't give it up in prison). You get to look like a hero for fighting for criminal justice even just a little bit but also manipulating the economy to do your bidding and make shitloads of money, which is like, peak Democrat

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DC Murderverse posted:

it's because the second that the powers that be got wind that legalization was inevitable (and it totally is, even though it will likely be decades before it's legal across all 50 states) they developed a series of plans that would keep as much of the power and money in the hands of the people who already have it, because they are greedy and terrible. So they can use "safety" as a bullshit reason to make the entry price to selling pot as high as possible, and then make mad money.

Honestly if I were an amoral rich person I would go around to every state that had even a minute amount of pressure building for legal pot and start pushing heavily for it, and make sure to include taking all of the people who were arrested for minor possession charges and having their records wiped clean, because if you say outright "this never should have been illegal and these people were sent to jail on a lie" and promise to let them go, you can probably get enough goodwill behind your effort that you can then create a heavily regulated economy with lots of positions that are appointed and basically run the entire industry in a state. Plus, since you've got a bunch of people who all of a sudden aren't in jail and can legally do what they got put in jail for, they'll be inclined to spend money to do it (assuming they didn't give it up in prison). You get to look like a hero for fighting for criminal justice even just a little bit but also manipulating the economy to do your bidding and make shitloads of money, which is like, peak Democrat

Yeah, but have you considered how much money can be made from those people being in prison?

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, but have you considered how much money can be made from those people being in prison?

This all ends in prison slave laboring in the cannabis fields.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Cuomo has said he wants to legalize weed in New York within the first 100 days of 2019. Just in time for 4/20 :420:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
whoever goes on that ketamine antidepressant let us know how it goes plz

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

The town I live in voted to never allow a legal pot store. It should be noted that my town has like dozen of liquor stores, at least four smoke shops and is home to one of the biggest legal weed growers in the state, but no THINK OF THE CHILDREN

The thing I use isn't entirely legal (it's trying to operate in a loophole that doesn't actually exist) and it's still kind of a pain, but it's still way better than any of the legal options right now and WAY cheaper (while still being pretty overpriced)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weed kind of sucks but it's basically harmless and the moral panic about it is pretty pathetic

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Lol I remember when our current governor said he wanted legal weed in first 100 days, funny stuff

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DC Murderverse posted:

Something like this happened in Missouri, in our most recent elections we had three medical marijuana proposals on the ballot, one was promoted by every sane weed reform group because it only had 4% sales tax, and a second was basically all funded and campaigned for by a personal injury attorney and featured a 15% sales tax which would go to a research institute chaired by the very same man, and the other one was a proposal that could have been changed by the state legislature after going to a vote with the people. The first passed in a landslide, and the other two failed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My plans for tonight got cancelled so I’m gonna check out Alita based on goon reactions. Expecting great visual spectacle and not much else.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CPL593H posted:

I went to NETA and they're pretty cool, despite there being a line around the block. Tax wasn't too bad either. But yeah, I don't know where they get off, given that Lowell, Mass is one of the shittiest places in the country because of heroin.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I went to NETA and they're pretty cool, despite there being a line around the block. Tax wasn't too bad either. But yeah, I don't know where they get off, given that Lowell, Mass is one of the shittiest places in the country because of heroin.

is NETA open for recreational yet or is it still strictly medicinal?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Recreational and the selection is good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Recreational and the selection is good.

nice, my friend used to go there but he had a card for it. there's some place in Salem that looks cool too and i love taking any excuse to go to Salem.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

in uh movie news here's the last three things I watched:

Noroi: The Curse: Kind of a chore to get through (took two sittings for me), but once i settled into its groove it was pretty enjoyable. Ending was freaky but also ticked the boxes for some of my found-footage pet peeves. Reinforced for me that mockumentaries > found footage movies. Made me wanna rewatch Ghostwatch.

Leonor: Hidden gem I had never heard of. Gothic supernatural tale starring Liv Ullman and directed by Luis Bunuel's kid. Doesn't seem particularly acclaimed (just got a blu ray from Kino which i think is the first time its ever been on home video). Slow paced but great mood setting, might not work for everybody but i loved it.

To Sleep With Anger: I love stories about folksy charmers who may or may not be the devil. Wanted to see this for years and it did not disappoint, maybe Danny Glover's best performance. Funny and creepy in equal measure, good all the way through but the last 15 minutes or so are really fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

it only had 4% sales tax, and a second was basically all funded and campaigned for by a personal injury attorney and featured a 15% sales tax which would go to a research institute chaired by the very same man,

For reference, how high is the sale tax on booze?