Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

There's also a huge difference between "they are compromised!!!" And "they asked me to commit to another country's best interest"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Praljak me off

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

cr0y posted:

Manafort sentencing today at 3:30PM EST. Place your bets!

20 years

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The anti defamation league guy sure is doing a good job of dodging the central point of Israeli money affecting politicians here. He was directly asked about that, and just said "red herring, it's racism!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

eke out posted:

gonna need a cite to where in the Constitution this is required lol

Nowhere! Any judge will do. Coolidge was sworn in by his father, a justice of the peace.

If Donald loses re-election, there's nothing at all he can do to prevent the next President from being sworn in at noon on January 20th, 2021. They can grab any local DC judge to do it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Also John Roberts cares about his legacy enough that he wouldn't literally destroy the country if he was the holdout.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

FuturePastNow posted:

Nowhere! Any judge will do. Coolidge was sworn in by his father, a justice of the peace.

If Donald loses re-election, there's nothing at all he can do to prevent the next President from being sworn in at noon on January 20th, 2021. They can grab any local DC judge to do it.

Is a "swearing in" even necessary?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

Probably not as chaotic as the press will make it seem, but like you said it appears nobody knew what was actually going on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guze posted:

20 years

20 years and one day.

Price is Right strategy never fails

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Put me down for fifteen, and if I'm not mistaken there's no parole in the federal system.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The "actually, ALL lives matter" response. gently caress all these people.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nonsense posted:

Probably not as chaotic as the press will make it seem, but like you said it appears nobody knew what was actually going on.

Whether Pelosi is the problem or the solution appears to be mostly based around each poster's personal biases.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Nine years for Manafort.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

In fairness, there are prominent Democrats who are making a case for anti-semitism as well:

Not that anyone here is dying on the Rahm Emmanuel hill, but it's pretty telling that he can't actually quote Omar. Doing so would be detrimental to his point.

quote:

After apologizing for that comment and acknowledging her need to be “educated,” she followed with another tweet, questioning the “allegiance” of supporters of Israel, intimating that we place the concerns of Israel above those of the country that we call home.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

Nine years for Manafort.

Ukraine for Manafort. They'd find a good spot.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 7, 2019

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Piell posted:

Also John Roberts cares about his legacy enough that he wouldn't literally destroy the country if he was the holdout.
Why do people think this? I see no reason to trust Roberts.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Five concurrent death sentences

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Five concurrent death sentences

We only have enough fentanyl for two.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

cr0y posted:

I”ll take the over. With a pardon.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

We should be able to discuss the excess influence Israel has on US politics without actually discussing the excess influence Israel has on US politics. Cause that might hurt their feelings.

lol get hosed

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

cr0y posted:

Probation. Time served.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I sentence you to be Mueller's butler

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I expect Manafort will get the maximum sentence the judge can assign him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Carriage underflow bug in Manafort's sentencing calculation wrongwarps him directly to credits

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tayter Swift posted:

Put me down for fifteen, and if I'm not mistaken there's no parole in the federal system.

Correct, but up to 15% reduction for good behavior while serving, and he could be transitioned to less restrictive facilities like halfway houses towards the end of the sentence

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Crows Turn Off posted:

He's shown a willingness to take the long view and (correctly) sees the Court as a very useful tool for enabling conservative policy. He's only going to sacrifice the appearance of legitimacy of the Court if it's worth it. Stupid stuff like playing along with whatever Trump clancychat might be at issue isn't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cr0y posted:

Six months mandatory community service.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

cr0y posted:

time served

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

I trust him not to sacrifice influence and publicly make an rear end of himself for the sake of a petty symbolic gesture.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Is a "swearing in" even necessary?

this is one of those legitimacy things

an awful lot of the core function of government is acting like you're supposed to be in charge, and that there are literally any blocks on you doing whatever you want with your power. as such, there are a series of asinine rituals one is expected to perform to keep that pretense intact. as Trump has been so kind as to demonstrate, if you stop doing those rituals, the universe does not end. but you get a lot of plebs starting to wonder "wait, if they aren't following the rituals, why the gently caress should I."

the Process, Blessed And Holy Be Its Name, is a not -entirely- powerless god. it's just that when you start asking it for anything other than a disengaged populace it shrugs its shoulders and says "sorry, that's not my department"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

:woop:

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/1103456688311545857

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Eight years for the 'fort.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Aaaaaaand I'm off the Gillibrand train. Seriously, this is pathetic.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Fister Roboto posted:

Six months mandatory community service.

and barred from attending any gangbangs

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That would also be my guess

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This may be the worst response I have ever seen from democrats

Jesus christ

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Aaaaaaand I'm off the Gillibrand train. Seriously, this is pathetic.

Just finished listening to 538 point out that establishment candidate Gillibrand has zero endorsements, har har. Maybe she's desperately toeing the line to offset the Frankin thing?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'll go in on that as well. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't after he's shown himself to be so completely unrepentant and uncooperative throughout the whole process.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Manafort will get 10 from Virginia, and 10 from DC with half being served concurrently. Total of 15 years, of which he wills serve a maximum of 12-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Gillibrand never had a chance anyway.