Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

It looks like a table for kids to play with. I can imagine a kid playing by climbing their figurines to the top of the summit, struggling, is he going to make it, and -- oh no -- an enemy appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

In fairness re: GFCI, you can easily have a GFCI-protected circuit without a GFCI outlet. You only need one source of protection on a circuit so long as that source is upstream from the parts of the circuit that need to be protected. The easiest fix for that problem is to just use a GFCI breaker at the breaker box.

Fixing the other stuff requires opening up the wall and doing some demolition and reconstruction. Hopefully the wall isn't load-bearing!

You can also feed a non-GFCI outlet from the load terminals of an existing GFCI outlet. GFCI outlets usually have a piece of yellow tape covering load terminals that you can then feed non-GFCI outlets with and they'll still be GFCI protected. If you're doing it this way, you usually have to get a rough inspection with the walls open to prove that the non-GFCI outlets are GFCI-protected, and since it only saves you 2 or 3 bucks, it's not worth doing unless you have some other reason you're getting a rough inspection to justify the inspection fee. Additionally, it becomes a thing that confuses people since if it trips from a ground fault, they need to press reset at another outlet.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I like the table, aesthetic and all. At least it's:

1: interesting

2: still functional

3: removable

4: an awesome techdeck skate park.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

More bathtubs(?) to rate, thread.

source, with more images of the interiors:
http://interioresminimalistas.com/2015/10/30/canal-house-un-loft-disenado-por-wetteveen-architects/

I liked it until I realized it's not actually wheelchair / disabled friendly in that you could walk down a ramp into the tub. Also it's situated with no door so you're perpetually paranoid of something walking by, even if there's no one else in the house. I guess it would be great for washing dogs?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
That's like the platonic idealized antithesis of B. Eat Mr J's

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

That's way too big, it would waste so much water! I mean, yeah, I'd love to get in that thing, but come on!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

WrenP-Complete posted:

It looks like a table for kids to play with. I can imagine a kid playing by climbing their figurines to the top of the summit, struggling, is he going to make it, and -- oh no -- an enemy appears.

Honestly, I think this is the reason I like it. It's like a 3D play mat. Yeah, the execution could've been better. But yeah, maybe paint or stain some grass and rivers and glaciers into that, lay down a thick coat of shellac or resin or something, and you get an interesting art piece that is also a fun toy.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

value-brand cereal posted:

http://interioresminimalistas.com/2015/10/30/canal-house-un-loft-disenado-por-wetteveen-architects/

I liked it until I realized it's not actually wheelchair / disabled friendly in that you could walk down a ramp into the tub. Also it's situated with no door so you're perpetually paranoid of something walking by, even if there's no one else in the house. I guess it would be great for washing dogs?

too white 1/10

this is more my style (from the home of Dutch painter Cornelis Le Mair)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

This would be the best and the worst place ever to do acid

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Speaking of Mormons, nice baptismal font.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

I really like this aesthetically, but with the moisture building up all those carpets and hanging things are gonna get mouldy.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Absolutely would. Tbh, any bathtub that size, absolutely would.

You guys who want to paint maps on the table need to chill. It doesn't have to be as explicit and literal as possible. As-is, it looks cool (although not super functional). Paint poo poo on it and it looks like a very bad D&D thing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Not a fan of the minimalism. Or the lack of doors. Do you wear your swimsuit in that bath?

DicktheCat posted:

That's way too big, it would waste so much water! I mean, yeah, I'd love to get in that thing, but come on!

How often do you have a soak though? For me it's like once a month I'd be fine with murdering the planet a little bit.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Cool base for a Warhammer 40k terrain I guess

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

I've got the "get this look at home" version

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

BigFactory posted:

I like the table

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

there wolf posted:

oh look an even worse place to do acid

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

You need to stop doing acid on the toilet dude

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Since this is Amsterdam I'm assuming (for amusement's sake) that that window is on the street level and anyone could just look in at any time.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

gschmidl posted:

Since this is Amsterdam I'm assuming (for amusement's sake) that that window is on the street level and anyone could just look in at any time.

Do they make Edison bulbs in red?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

there wolf posted:

You can't fool me; both of these are screencaps from Majora's Mask

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

there wolf posted:

Look at the Clarissa Explains It All-rear end beautiful Nick at Nite teen bathroom it's gorgeous.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

These people loving hate roombas

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Platystemon posted:

It’s his Twitter profile.

Have you ever seen someone screaming "I am happy, I aM HApPy :newlol: " before a midlife crisis?

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

Youth Decay posted:

It's like that old dementia-riddled cat painting guy decided to try his hand at DIY

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

It looks like one of the rooms in Bodhi’s tomb in Baldur’s Gate II.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Jeez that definitely looks nuts

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 7, 2019

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

there wolf posted:

I would stay at this tropical hostel

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Shamelessly stole this from the funny pics thread. Creepy dolls aside, I'm pretty sure that's sheet vinyl on the walls. :wtc:.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Youth Decay posted:

too white 1/10

That's an awfully large amount of dusting

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
lol drop ceiling.

I mean, are you ever sure that's a residence and not some weird antique store's bathroom?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

The Marilyn Manson home living collection, exclusively at family dollar.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Look Sir Droids posted:

lol drop ceiling.

I mean, are you ever sure that's a residence and not some weird antique store's bathroom?

As witnessed in this very thread, given what some people do to their homes, I don't even try to make assumptions about what's what anymore.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Exinos posted:

The Marilyn Manson home living collection, exclusively at family dollar.

Yeah, $20,000+ price tag aside, the whole room just looks cheap.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Shamelessly stole this from the funny pics thread. Creepy dolls aside, I'm pretty sure that's sheet vinyl on the walls. :wtc:.

Have you ever wanted to clean your bathroom with a hose?

Now you can!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fermun posted:

You can also feed a non-GFCI outlet from the load terminals of an existing GFCI outlet. GFCI outlets usually have a piece of yellow tape covering load terminals that you can then feed non-GFCI outlets with and they'll still be GFCI protected. If you're doing it this way, you usually have to get a rough inspection with the walls open to prove that the non-GFCI outlets are GFCI-protected, and since it only saves you 2 or 3 bucks, it's not worth doing unless you have some other reason you're getting a rough inspection to justify the inspection fee. Additionally, it becomes a thing that confuses people since if it trips from a ground fault, they need to press reset at another outlet.

Just coming back to this but you do not need to tear open a wall to test downstream GFCI outlets, it's trivial to just plug in something to a downstream outlet and then push the TEST button on the upstream GFCI. If the power turns off, and goes back on when you push RESET, it's a protected outlet.

Or you can spend less than ten bucks for a plug-in tester that will verify a given outlet is GFCI-protected.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
the table is good, saying it's better than anything else out there is dumb as hell tho

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

The dolls are backup in case you run out of TP.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

my soul irl

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

My father and aunt were watching Harry Potter the other day and said their aunt's bathroom looked like the Department of Mysteries when it showed up on TV.

Any good examples of dark-tiled bathrooms? I'm...kinda interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

this thread