Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress, I forgot to put Batista/Triple H and Shane/Miz on there. (both singles matches, the latter of which may end up as the worst match ever on a WM card)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Either AJ and Orton get put into the world title match or they get a random one on one match at Mania

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Either AJ and Orton get put into the world title match or they get a random one on one match at Mania

Company has too many guys/gals and too many belts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Meltzer said/speculated AJ vs Orton and Samoa vs Cena at Wrestlemania.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Assuming all main roster titles get defended that's 10 matches right there. Then they have the two battle royals, AJ vs Orton, Miz vs Shane, and Batista vs HHH.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Assuming all main roster titles get defended that's 10 matches right there. Then they have the two battle royals, AJ vs Orton, Miz vs Shane, and Batista vs HHH.

Probably want a Reigns match too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Doesn't Angle need a retirement match? I thought I read that he was in bad shape and wanted to do one. Cena/Angle would be a cool storybook retirement match.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 7, 2019

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Gaz-L posted:

the latter of which may end up as the worst match ever on a WM card)

uh why?

the miz is well respected everywhere and shane is the best wrestler in the world

but seriously why, they consistently put out better work than half the people on any card they're on and you're implying they're going to be worse than about a thousand genuinely awful WM matches over the years

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

3 fatal 4-way tag matches sounds like hell.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

brian posted:

uh why?

the miz is well respected everywhere and shane is the best wrestler in the world

but seriously why, they consistently put out better work than half the people on any card they're on and you're implying they're going to be worse than about a thousand genuinely awful WM matches over the years

People still believe Dave and Bryan's dogshit that Miz is a bad wrestler even though he's one of the top talents in the world.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Your Parents posted:

People still believe Dave and Bryan's dogshit that Miz is a bad wrestler even though he's one of the top talents in the world.

Aaaahahahaha.

Okay.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

I mean he's definitely up there? There aren't many people with a better level of consistency over the last few years, obviously he's very safe and so on but he's miles ahead of a huge amount of people on promo and in-ring character work and doing matches built around those things.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Miz made people care about Damien Sandow and Alex Riley (and Daniel Bryan :v:)

He also had a feud with Dolph Ziggler that people were invested in!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Miz is a really good wrestler who gets people invested in the most random of poo poo, however he "wrestles like a coward" &cetera meaning that he can't get full marks for being a top talent.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Miz has really good character work but isn't exactly a flashy wrestler. He does great as a heel/patsy because of that, but his fiery face stuff suffers for it. Dude elevates better wrestlers but I don't think he's the reason why people get excited about a match. That's still a pretty drat good wrestler tho.

Shane is just a couple of stupid spots wrapped in nostalgia with a big suspension of disbelief bow.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave and Bryans problem with Miz seem to be they feel he lacks any crispness or impact in his moves. Basically that his stuff doesn't look like it hurts and that's a deal breaker for them. I understand what they mean as he doesn't move or strike with fluidity and power, but I also think that's being numb from watching tons of their preferred style of wrestling. They also think he lacks credibility in the ring, which seems a more valid complaint.

They are also immune to his virtues as a performer as Dave has an aversion to comedic wrestling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just don't ask Miz to catch anyone and he's perfectly fine.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Kenny omega gets 6*s and he’s a comedy wrestler so I think this is just Dave’s wwe bias again

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

brian posted:

uh why?

The only things Shane can do are bad strikes and jumping off high things, and the only things Miz can do are bad strikes and failing to catch people.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

wrestling doesn't have to be about wrestling though, especially for a match with a comedy storyline in the middle of a big card

all shane has to do is bad strikes and jump off things and get carried by Miz's character and psychology work in what will probably be a very tightly planned match

it's probably going to be the match that is considerably better than that one you were expecting to be great but they ruined because they made them do 3 5 minute headlock sequences and ended with a run in double low blow by the returning J&J security

brian fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 7, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The best part of Shane matches are when he does really sloppy strikes and chain wrestling and wrestlers look baffled at about how good and fast he is. Then he jumps off something and injures himself immediately.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think Miz sucks but he works really hard and I can appreciate that. Thanks Miz for your hard work

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Miz feels like he's a great worker but not a great wrestler. Like, his character work is great and he can raise himself to the level of talent that he is working with but he's safe and boring on his own. Everything he does looks obviously worked. He can elevate a match and makes people look good but he's not a name that makes me want to watch a match.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

He also had a feud with Dolph Ziggler that people were invested in!

That was only because people hoped Dolph was actually leaving.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

yea ok posted:

I think Miz sucks but he works really hard and I can appreciate that. Thanks Miz for your hard work

This.

Miz is not good, but he tries. Except on catching dives. But Shane is loving terrible, and gases after a light jog. Miz is not AJ Styles, he can't bump around like a pinball and do a bunch of highspots to drag a 3 star match out of Vince's baby boy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

This.

Miz is not good, but he tries. Except on catching dives. But Shane is loving terrible, and gases after a light jog. Miz is not AJ Styles, he can't bump around like a pinball and do a bunch of highspots to drag a 3 star match out of Vince's baby boy.

i think miz can do all that he just doesnt

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gumball Gumption posted:

Miz feels like he's a great worker but not a great wrestler. Like, his character work is great and he can raise himself to the level of talent that he is working with but he's safe and boring on his own. Everything he does looks obviously worked. He can elevate a match and makes people look good but he's not a name that makes me want to watch a match.

Miz is what you'd call a "wrestler's wrestler".

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm maybe being silly when I call him one of the top talents in the world but maybe not, now that I'm thinking more deeply about it.

Dave and Bryan both steadfastly insist the opposite and say "oh he's a great talker but a bad promo" but no one gets me to believe an angle more or hope the heel gets their comeuppance more than miz. I always want to see his matches because he sells the hell out of them and does a lot of good heel things.

I think there's a disparity in how people see what makes someone a good worker, where it is still about doing cool moves more than anything else for a lot of people. it's a different appeal, I guess, from people who have great facial expressions, body movement, character work, that sort of thing. It's all "wrestling" but there's a heavy focus on the choreography of the performance moreso than the character stuff. I don't think it makes Miz an overall bad wrestler because he's 80/20 in one direction and every other great wrestler is 80/20 in the other direction

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Miz would have a great match against Tomohiro Ishii and every single one of you knows this b/c Miz rules at selling + being a conniving dickhead and Ishii rules at being a loving monster + selling shock imo

anyway Miz was legit good in the Ziggler feud and the only reason he isn’t still the best is because he has lovely chemistry with a lot of his singles opponents these days

e: also WWE booking sucks lmao

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It's also why someone like matt riddle as an example is so electrifying as a performer because he's like 100 on both sides and his character is naturally inseparable from his ring work

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Venomous posted:

Miz would have a great match against Tomohiro Ishii and every single one of you knows this b/c Miz rules at selling + being a conniving dickhead and Ishii rules at being a loving monster + selling shock imo

anyway Miz was legit good in the Ziggler feud and the only reason he isn’t still the best is because he has lovely chemistry with a lot of his singles opponents these days

Miz vs Ishii might be my favorite dream match that will never happen. Holy poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ishii is great because one time I was drunk and couldn't remember "Stone Pitbull" and kept thinking his nickname was Rock Lobster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Your Parents posted:

I'm maybe being silly when I call him one of the top talents in the world but maybe not, now that I'm thinking more deeply about it.

Dave and Bryan both steadfastly insist the opposite and say "oh he's a great talker but a bad promo" but no one gets me to believe an angle more or hope the heel gets their comeuppance more than miz. I always want to see his matches because he sells the hell out of them and does a lot of good heel things.

I think there's a disparity in how people see what makes someone a good worker, where it is still about doing cool moves more than anything else for a lot of people. it's a different appeal, I guess, from people who have great facial expressions, body movement, character work, that sort of thing. It's all "wrestling" but there's a heavy focus on the choreography of the performance moreso than the character stuff. I don't think it makes Miz an overall bad wrestler because he's 80/20 in one direction and every other great wrestler is 80/20 in the other direction

Dave's favourite wrestlers are guys like Flair, Rock, Bret and Tanahashi. Guys who are absolutely about storytelling and expression and selling. It's not making GBS threads on Michael Mizanin to say he's great at everything BUT the wrestling part of wrestling. And he's definitely gotten better over the years, I'm not kidding when I say he tries, he's clearly passionate but it's very, very rare that I think "I can't wait to see that Miz match" and a lot of his better matches are multi-person affairs where he's honestly not really doing much to make the match better or worse beyond being another body to do spots with between restholds. That one Ziggler match to blow off their feud was great, but it feels like lightning in a bottle.

If other people genuinely love Miz matches, then that's great and I hope Miz/Shane lives up to your expectations. I always like it when things are good instead of bad, but past experience has taught me to have low hopes for this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

e: also WWE booking sucks lmao

I would enjoy seeing Big Tom murdering the Miz, yes, but I would like to see him murder many other people more.

No-one's arguing that Miz can't be carried (although some people seem to be arguing that he carries better workers somehow which... :confused:), just that Miz is not a great worker, and isn't going to be able to make a truly terrible one like Shane McMahon look good.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gaz-L posted:

Dave's favourite wrestlers are guys like Flair, Rock, Bret and Tanahashi. Guys who are absolutely about storytelling and expression and selling. It's not making GBS threads on Michael Mizanin to say he's great at everything BUT the wrestling part of wrestling. And he's definitely gotten better over the years, I'm not kidding when I say he tries, he's clearly passionate but it's very, very rare that I think "I can't wait to see that Miz match" and a lot of his better matches are multi-person affairs where he's honestly not really doing much to make the match better or worse beyond being another body to do spots with between restholds. That one Ziggler match to blow off their feud was great, but it feels like lightning in a bottle.

If other people genuinely love Miz matches, then that's great and I hope Miz/Shane lives up to your expectations. I always like it when things are good instead of bad, but past experience has taught me to have low hopes for this.

Yeah Dave's favorite wrestlers are the once in a lifetime talents of a generation and his friend the rock

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

Ishii is great because one time I was drunk and couldn't remember "Stone Pitbull" and kept thinking his nickname was Rock Lobster.

Ishii coming out to the B-52s would probably kill a lot of his badassery. Then again, if he were to ever wrestle for DDT...

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Like let's be honest here. The Rock is exactly as talented as the Miz he's just physically larger and more attractive.

Miz may be the better in ring.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Your Parents posted:

:chloe:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gumball Gumption posted:

The thing is, that being a basic-rear end WWE-style wrestler can get you to really good matches, but Miz still doesn't do that. The most athletic move Becky Lynch does is a dropkick from the top rope and she has some good-rear end matches. No matter how good Miz is on the mic, nothing he really says makes me want to see a match with him in it. He is entertaining on his own, but I don't know that the "promotion" part of his promos works simply because he has a very long history of matches nobody cares about and which weren't particularly memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's hard to get invested in Miz's mic work, because your reward for being invested is watching Miz wrestle.