Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Manafort rolled the dice on this happening instead of snitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

sexpig by night posted:

he loving forced his wife into gangbangs!

Well, what was she wearing? Why didn't she shut it down?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
the kid that the HW Bush administration entrapped to sell drugs in front of the White House got like twice the time Manafort got

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

Apparently they're still in the courtroom. So false alarm on the livestream and they're debating restitution.

Going which way?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Boooooooo. My dad got more than that for growing 20 plants of weed.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't know why they even bother prosecuting these people. It would save a lot of time and money just making them officially above the law.

Get prepped for Stone to get similar treatment despite all the poo poo he's pulled.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
But in most senses he's a hero.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rynoto posted:

Apparently they're still in the courtroom. So false alarm on the livestream and they're debating restitution.

The judge is gonna announce the since he is old and sick, Hillary is gonna serve the jail time for him :v:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Tayter Swift posted:

Going which way?

No idea. All the reporters are stuck outside and the guy who came out to give an update didn't say how those debates were going. Here's the livestream:NBC's stream

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

TheScott2K posted:

Manafort rolled the dice on this happening instead of snitching.
Still more sentencing to go. He hasn’t ‘won’ anything

Yet

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I seriously dont get this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sexpig by night posted:

lol suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Please tell me he's gonna get more time for his state-level crimes.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1103808612412129280?s=21

Judge Ellis 💯 believes what Manafort did was cool and good

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Does the Judge see himself in Manafort? Thinking of all rich white people tax crimes he's done in his life and wants the same leniency?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How many TS Ellis type republican hacks will Trump put on the court before he's done?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The Glumslinger posted:

The judge is gonna announce the since he is old and sick, Hillary is gonna serve the jail time for him :v:

Who, as we all know, is in prime health full of him and vigor!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Yet

Dude give up. Manafort was the iconic evil henchman. Hes gonna be out in time to vote.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Radish posted:

I don't know why they even bother prosecuting these people. It would save a lot of time and money just making them officially above the law.

Get prepped for Stone to get similar treatment despite all the poo poo he's pulled.

dunno, if we're taking Ellis' comments as predictive, Jackson's been pretty vocally mad at Stone

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

ascii genitals posted:

Can't wait for Trump to seize on this on Twitter and call 4 years an injustice, and that everyone recommending 10+ years is deep state blah blah.

why would trump care? what he was sentenced for were crimes before he even joined the trump team i'm pretty sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ascii genitals posted:

Can't wait for Trump to seize on this on Twitter and call 4 years an injustice, and that everyone recommending 10+ years is deep state blah blah.

He's going to both present it as vindication from the judge of a witch hunt while also an outrageously harsh penalty. I'm just turning off news tonight.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

cr0y posted:

The judge is a chud. There's nothing else to get.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CNN correspondent says at today's hearing a prosecutor mentioned the special counsel and Ellis said "you mean the government! I don't want to hear about the special counsel! the government!"

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Yet

Even the max he could possibly get (10 years consecutive) is below what the minimum guideline in this case was (19 years).

Meanwhile, outside the Hall of Caucacity https://twitter.com/KevinCManahan/status/1103809248256032769

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

cr0y posted:

What is there to get? The USA doesn't have a functioning justice system and never has. Some poor black guy is going to get all the years Manafort dodged for smoking pot

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

dunno, if we're taking Ellis' comments as predictive, Jackson's been pretty vocally mad at Stone

I'm basing it on the fact that rich politically connected people are protected by our judicial system. He could moon the court and she will hem and haw and then give him a lighter sentence than someone that rolled his eyes at a judge.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Well USA #1 I guess

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Your Taint posted:

The judge is a chud. There's nothing else to get.

The justice system of the United States of America is illegitimate

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fart Amplifier posted:

What is there to get? The USA doesn't have a functioning justice system and never has. Some poor black guy is going to get all the years Manafort dodged for smoking pot

Yeah people were calling this from the start but legal wonks were adamant that the system surely would work.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

You've lived an otherwise blameless life *camera pans over to gigantic mountain of criminal charges and documented lies*

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
One year more than Cohen, turns out everyone should just lie to the feds since it seems to make no difference

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Yeah I don't want to hear people harp on the "nothing matters" people anymore.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What a load of poo poo. Under 4 years for selling an election.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Feldegast42 posted:

The justice system of the United States of America is illegitimate

You shouldn’t call it a justice system, it implies there is some sort of moral or ethical code to it.

The preferred nomenclature is legal system. Because suggesting we have anything close to a justice system is offensive.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Yeah I don't want to hear people harp on the "nothing matters" people anymore.

Deal.

gently caress this.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 8, 2019

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

cr0y posted:

No one in power gives one gently caress about treason anymore, and our justice system is unfixably broken.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Tayter Swift posted:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1103808612412129280?s=21

Judge Ellis 💯 believes what Manafort did was cool and good

14 years when you're 69 and have gout can be a death sentence.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Someone arrest that judge

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

There need to be protests outside that judge’s home.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

14 years when you're 69 and have gout can be a death sentence.

He's not going to jail for 14 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Can’t wait to do tons of white collar crime and get a slap on the wrist when I’m ready to die anyway.