Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DC Murderverse posted:

god i hope she and some sort of legal council nail Barstool's literal and metaphorical dicks to the wall

gently caress them

There's copyright and IP lawyers in her replies, that very well may happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Barstool is such garbage, but Twitter should get some sort of punishment here too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

shocking continued news: barstool is made up of 100% shitheads

https://twitter.com/miel/status/1102688419556159489

Who is this?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

General Dog posted:

Who is this?

Writer and comedian who's done work for a few different comedy sites.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

General Dog posted:

How did Deadspin get ahold of these Joe Ricketts emails they keep harping on?

DJExile posted:

I think they got leaked by some of their grandchildren

That is so hosed up

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

General Dog posted:

That is so hosed up

Nah that rules.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

That is so hosed up

someone think of the poor racist billionaire

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MourningView posted:

someone think of the poor racist billionaire

You can only get so many FW: FW: FW: FW FW: obummer won't like this joke at all! e-mails from grandpa before you finally break.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

oh that's nice, I'm glad they're putting an 'our bad' on the radio so people will stop hounding them for working for absolute scumbags (again)

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1102783914849038336

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"I'm honest about our fuckups" lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

“i associate with these garbage men and their garbage company but don’t worry, i’m the smart/self-aware one”

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

DJExile posted:

shocking continued news: barstool is made up of 100% shitheads

https://twitter.com/miel/status/1102688419556159489

She is wrong to think that Twitter would actually ban a big account for breaking their rules.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

She is wrong to think that Twitter would actually ban a big account for breaking their rules.

She is a woman on the internet who publicly trashed barstool, I'm reasonably certain she understands that Twitter is lovely already.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It wasn't Twitter's rules, it was federal law

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

It wasn't Twitter's rules, it was federal law

i think he meant the dmca stuff, not the potential rico poo poo

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015
Has the quality of guest of PMT gone down with all of the lovely stories about Barstool? It always seemed like they had some pretty visible athletes and other media folks on a lot back when I listened to it about a year ago. Since the ESPN show it’s seems like there are more and more stories about how gross Barstool is overall, and I would think that at the very least some of the other media companies would have their people steer clear.

Also the excuses on PMT were getting thin and tiring then. I can’t imagine what they are like now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dadjokes posted:

Has the quality of guest of PMT gone down with all of the lovely stories about Barstool? It always seemed like they had some pretty visible athletes and other media folks on a lot back when I listened to it about a year ago. Since the ESPN show it’s seems like there are more and more stories about how gross Barstool is overall, and I would think that at the very least some of the other media companies would have their people steer clear.

Also the excuses on PMT were getting thin and tiring then. I can’t imagine what they are like now.

I don't listen to his podcasts but on twitter he's stopped making excuses and basically just said "There are some really lovely guys but they give me complete creative freedom and independence so that's why I'm here"

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Lockback posted:

I don't listen to his podcasts but on twitter he's stopped making excuses and basically just said "There are some really lovely guys but they give me complete creative freedom and independence so that's why I'm here"

Getting a check for being the Eva Peron of the Barstool Media Empire is probably enough for him to sleep at night

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i mean i feel like he has enough of an internet niche to break off on his own without being propped up by those assholes or at least find another podcast network or something

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean i feel like he has enough of an internet niche to break off on his own without being propped up by those assholes or at least find another podcast network or something

They had the perfect chance to break off with the ESPN deal but nope. gently caress 'em.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I never understood the appeal of PFT guy. What exactly does he accomplish? He seems like the textbook example of "satire requires a clarity of purpose and target lest it be mistaken for and contribute to that which it intends to criticize"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

I never understood the appeal of PFT guy. What exactly does he accomplish? He seems like the textbook example of "satire requires a clarity of purpose and target lest it be mistaken for and contribute to that which it intends to criticize"

The idea was very funny at the beginning and served really well by his writing ability. Once he branched into audio and visual media it killed a crucial part of the illusion, because the image and sound of a pseudonymous forum poster should be filled by your imagination. The bit is just weird now and even in tweet form it really just ran its course.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I'm more curious about the influence of a guy like Trill Withers. He has a pull on social media and seemingly some NBA circles that would allow a notoriously white outfit like Barstool to branch out in ways which it's been previously unable.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

He accomplishes being very funny for one thing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Drew wrote a good piece on it:

https://deadspin.com/stop-enabling-barstools-poo poo-1833092349

Also perhaps even more important:

https://thetakeout.com/drew-magary-hates-mayo-bullies-1832866128

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
a site for boys who wanna grow up to be Donald Trump Jr is an extremely good line

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
imagine being the kind of person that reacts that way to someone not liking a particular condiment. food takes are arguably worse than sports take imo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Dumb pointless hyperbole was 90% of internet content in the mid-2000s and Magary is one of the last few non-political writers getting paid for it

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
even as a Certified Mayo Lover i'm totally fine with him hating on mayo and that's not really my beef - he does that hyperbole shtick well enough that i wholly enjoy it even when i'm not in agreement with him

it's the people that hear things like "oh i hate mayo" and get so hot about it that they feel the need to stan a goddamned condiment, for whatever reason

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I haven't encountered mayo bullies but people that don't shut up about hot sauce are awful too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

people that don't shut up about hot sauce are awful too.

Also beer/booze snobbery. jesus christ.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sometimes the hell site Twitter dot com is very good

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Sometimes the hell site Twitter dot com is very good

Oh drat.....that's good. Gimme that sweet poetic justice.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

mayo is cool if you add stuff to it otherwise it’s just kind of boring

DJExile posted:

Also beer/booze snobbery. jesus christ.

the hops tho gotta have my hops

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What is this both sides bullshit

https://twitter.com/E60/status/1103699949819252737

E60 does solid work in general so I'm hoping the actual piece has more context but that tweet and promo are real bad

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

morestuff posted:

What is this both sides bullshit

https://twitter.com/E60/status/1103699949819252737

E60 does solid work in general so I'm hoping the actual piece has more context but that tweet and promo are real bad

Some call @Eisenhower a human rights hero. E:60 travelled to Germany to interview @JGoebbels, a senior advisor to German Chancellor @THEAdolfHitler, who says otherwise.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'd wait before I judge. I highly doubt they'll portray the Turkish government in a positive light. And it was a big get to interview Hedo for this.

Still insane that Hedo Turkoglu is involved in this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ctTrUUR5M

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kanter-Turkoglu is the closest our generation will ever get to Magic-Bird

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/tilyouregone/status/1103752974294282244?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
“Think about it” is usually a huge red flag that what’s being said is insanely dumb.