Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Nah, he was clearly Mobian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, it Carlos.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every time I think Mr Kaplan has had his last appearance he randomly shows up

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Finally got the chance to watch the first episode of Beast Morphers, and it was really good. I still feel like the pacing is getting hosed over by the 21 minute runtime though, so thanks Nickelodeon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Every time I think Mr Kaplan has had his last appearance he randomly shows up

This one's his actual last appearance so that's not happening again. At least he left as he entered, sending Bulk and Skull into detention.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpazmasterX posted:

Finally got the chance to watch the first episode of Beast Morphers, and it was really good. I still feel like the pacing is getting hosed over by the 21 minute runtime though, so thanks Nickelodeon.

i mean, when has power rangers run significantly longer than 21 minutes?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Battle4TheGrid/status/1103054545423237120

I'm still giddy for a modern Power Rangers fighting game. :3:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Carlos you don’t have a refrection

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DoctorWhat posted:

i mean, when has power rangers run significantly longer than 21 minutes?

It's been years now, but most 30 minute shows used to have 24+ minute run times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

These are starting to get to me because Bulk and Skull are going through some rough poo poo just trying to get by. :smith: Don't worry, guys, you'll land a... well, something close to a job soon. :unsmith:

I feel like Stone should help in some way, surely the youth center could afford to hire them as part timers in some capacity. Then again, they've probably just burned all goodwill they had with him by this point, intentionally or not. The monkey/invisibility stuff was probably the final nail for Stone to know they can't be trusted, even if it wasn't their fault. My headcanon is that Bulk and Skull's families stopped supporting them when they came back from being invisible; they were scared that they'd died and when they come back with the monkey story, their families had enough.
Somehow this is Carlo's fault.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

It's been years now, but most 30 minute shows used to have 24+ minute run times.

I have literally yet to edit any episode of Power Rangers longer than 21 minutes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have literally yet to edit any episode of Power Rangers longer than 21 minutes.

21 to 22 is pretty much the standard runtime for 30 minute stuff in the US. What might change for US shows is if they play the whole Opening sequence or they run the ending alongside a scene. There's also adjusted lengths for syndication which might also affect things as some shows are originally at 24 to 25 but are trimmed for syndication airing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am and shall always be Carlos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/1103325270663036928

'Ey! You got some Jungle Fury in my Beast Morpher!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like this bulk and sheskull

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
It's more like SheBulk and Fat Skull

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fairlass Bulkmeier and No-lean Skullavich?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It sure is not gonna be fun talking about Ben in this fandom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Ben the comic relief MorphX employee guy? He seems pleasant.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yes.

I'm just saying, I've seen a lot of hate on him just for being fat.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The comedic duo reminds me more of DinoThunder, which is good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Betty is a bit more "you wanna fight" than Cassidy's "young Cat Grant" though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I haven't seen GoBus in a while, but that looks like all non-sentai fight footage.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, yeah.

Dark Buster's suit is there, so.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

I mean, yeah.

Dark Buster's suit is there, so.

I mean even after Blaze leave and the team is fighting the "Troids"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, yeah. That makes sense.

Apparently they're called Tronics, though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tonight's episode is cancelled due to computer crash. Please expect two episodes tomorrow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is it the one where Justin gets ant powers?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Character list for Battle for the Grid has been updated:
https://battleforthegrid.com/pages/characters

• Jason Lee Scott
  • Tommy Oliver
  • Gia Moran
  • Lord Drakkon
  • Goldar
  • Ranger Slayer
  • Magna Defender

• Kat Manx :swoon:

• Mastadon Sentry

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m really digging the dark alternate costumes.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kat is absolutely the last character I would have guessed as possible SPD representation if I was going to even expect any. Really neat and out of left field choice.

I also really like how using the comics means that even as a bit of an MMPR fest it isn't just "gently caress it, here they are" but like, instead we have Pink as the Ranger Slayer and a Mastadon Sentry and stuff. It's a nice bit of variation on the usual geewun pandering.

The bit of gameplay I checked out in the stream they did yesterday looked a lot smoother than the initial reveal footage, too.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I want Goldar to have his original voice

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder if they just used their mobile game metrics cause all those except maybe Goldar are like the premium guys and mostly higher tier.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Just give me an adventure game where I play only as Goldar. "DYAH-HA-HA-HAAA, THAT LITTLE PINK RANGER IS PRETTY CUTE" = critical strike!

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
sorry but after the first set of power rangers they kinda went a bit over board with all the groups afterwards. I enjoy the originals but once you start to getting into the later groups of different types of power rangers it gets a bit repetitive.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well it was only once they got rid of the last original rangers that the writing room also had a sort of reorganization and became a kid friendly sci-fi show closer to something like Beast Wars in it’s time than the cornball filler episodes they started off with.

And yeah they’ve recycled motifs a lot through the years (I remember reading Wild Force added a white tiger ranger and thought creativity must be dead) but that’s kind of not on them since they’re given costumes and footage that, with one exception, they’re not getting any input in.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

[quote="Today on Power Rangers" post=""493181085" "]
Is it the one where Justin gets ant powers?
[/quote]

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 8, 2019

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also today on Power Rangers, a geometric love shape of some description.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Let Justin have ant powers, you cowards. Adapt the morpher to him, not the other way around! It'll be super useful in the battles ahead!

Plus of all the animals we have, I'm pretty sure we've never had an Ant Ranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ants are incompatible with the morphin grid, powerful lore.
So what did that ant have that gave him ant powers??