Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Zyla posted:

why are they so mad? this almost seems reasonable for washington

I'm sure they had delusions of getting Rosen for a 3rd like half of the NFL fans this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Mild Take: Colt McCoy and Case Keenum are the same QB

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DariusLikewise posted:

Mild Take: Colt McCoy and Case Keenum are the same QB

Keenum has better arm strength, and he isn't made of glass like McCoy

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
why do people like josh rosen? i get the cardinals are Real Bad but has he shown anything??

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ammanas posted:

why do people like josh rosen? i get the cardinals are Real Bad but has he shown anything??

He's a first round pick who spent a year inside a clusterfuck of an offense that somehow grossly misused David loving Johnson. He showed some promise when he wasn't scrambling for dear life and a QB-focused coach like Gruden would likely think he could do better.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Am I way off base for thinking this is a pretty good move for Washington? Keenum sucked in Denver but he can be solid in the right offense. $3.5 mil is drat cheap for the kind of performance he's capable of, especially when teams are already paying out the nose for decent backups.

Now I wonder if they saved enough that they feel like they can go after Antonio Brown or LeVeon Bell. It'd be a very Skins move, the splash FA move.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
CASH BAR !

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This feels like a fairly smart trade for both teams

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

midwat
May 6, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This feels like a fairly smart trade for both teams

I mean, given that Denver got into this situation by stupidly overpaying for Keenum and then stupidly trading for someone who may be worse than Keenum, sure.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sounds like your sort of stalking grounds

Is Allbright sure he wasn't playing Anthem

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

midwat posted:

I mean, given that Denver got into this situation by stupidly overpaying for Keenum and then stupidly trading for someone who may be worse than Keenum, sure.

Flacco is better than Keenum

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If he could stay healthy, maybe.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/tilyouregone/status/1103752974294282244

midwat
May 6, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If he could stay healthy, maybe.

If he could stay healthy and turn back time to 2012

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

That's the worst "r troopz" poo poo I've seen in a while.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Glazer's meatheadedness was inevitably going to shoot past endearing into infuriating. At least in this case it's pretty bog standard Troop Respect Poisoning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Glazer probably believes that 22 dudes from the military could form a football team and dominate the league.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I almost respect how dumb Jay Glazer is

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Professor Funk posted:

I almost respect how dumb Jay Glazer is

I have ever since the dude almost died because he couldn’t stop shoving food in face the night before surgery. I mean FFS who thinks they can keep eating and drink the night before a major surge where you’re under general anesthesia?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Nystral posted:

I have ever since the dude almost died because he couldn’t stop shoving food in face the night before surgery. I mean FFS who thinks they can keep eating and drink the night before a major surge where you’re under general anesthesia?

wait he did what? i love jay glazer now

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
In Jay's defense he has a reason for his low opinion of advice from doctors

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

shirts and skins posted:

Am I way off base for thinking this is a pretty good move for Washington? Keenum sucked in Denver but he can be solid in the right offense. $3.5 mil is drat cheap for the kind of performance he's capable of, especially when teams are already paying out the nose for decent backups.

Now I wonder if they saved enough that they feel like they can go after Antonio Brown or LeVeon Bell. It'd be a very Skins move, the splash FA move.

Yeah it's a good move. Keenum isn't amazing but he's more reliable than McCoy, and $3.5M is a decent price given how hosed Washington is.

I wonder how much Washington would need to pay in picks to unload Smith's contract.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah it's a good move. Keenum isn't amazing but he's more reliable than McCoy, and $3.5M is a decent price given how hosed Washington is.

I wonder how much Washington would need to pay in picks to unload Smith's contract.

How the hell am I supposed to avoid accidentally screaming about football in the 40K thread if half the posters are the same. It's anarchy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I agree with this and it seems fine (even good) for Washington, but that doesn't make this tweet any less sad:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1103784339018604545

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grittybeard posted:

I agree with this and it seems fine (even good) for Washington, but that doesn't make this tweet any less sad:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1103784339018604545

It's easiest to just assume everything said by a Redskins official is a bald faced lie spoken with patronizing contempt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if I'd say it's a lie exactly, coaches fall in love with backup quarterbacks they know. Hue tried to trade way too much for AJ McCarron, McDermott then cut AJ to keep an even worse Nathan Peterman that he liked for whatever reason, there's a bunch of examples like this.

I was saying it's sad because it reminds me of Scott Pioli publicly claiming he was going to bring in competition for Matt Cassel to have a quarterback competition in 2012. Then he signed Brady Quinn and drafted no one.

It's likely wise for the Redskins to make this trade and not draft a QB high, or god forbid trade up this year. Maybe take a shot at someone to develop in the 4th/5th or whatever. But man that is currently a sad quarterback group even if it isn't really a competition.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1103874992914096131?s=20

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bitch and moan and get your rear end sent to football Siberia lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

buffalo is where WRs go to die, apparently

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
lmao AB you shoulda known the Steelers don't play that

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That is.... wow.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Wonder if Buffalo keeps him or tries to flip him for a package of picks

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1103863400206032908