Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hmmm though Nina did really good too imo, and Vanessa made it work lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

o ya shuga was good too but dat runway

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Shook that Vanjie was only safe

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whalley posted:

Shook that Vanjie was only safe

nah going through the girls again, I think Vanessa was the definition of safe w/ her performance compared to Yvie, Plastique, Shuga and Scarlet. still really loving funny tho I think Vanessa is funny at all times tbf

I really liked her runway tho

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm glad Vanjie made Libras look good

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hope Scarlet and Yvie can share their oats...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As much as I like Plastique the tie is also good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

sexpig by night posted:

As much as I like Plastique the tie is also good

Coulda gone either way with the three of them imo, but Plastique loses automatic points for wearing the same boots as she did in the challenge itself.

Also lmao bye Kahanna

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Kahana pulling the flips out was sick as hell but Mercedes was on fire the whole time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OMG Ariel going randomly nude

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a good rear end season already

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Guillermo Diaz next week :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm enjoying it so far, it feels a little scrappy with bitches not afraid to stir the pot so far, and a few obvious filler queens lmao

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The preview for next week has me _excited_

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
HAHAHA the fuckin look at 'some days I'm big some days I'm small'

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
How dare they do Britney and not know any of the handography

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Ra'jah pulling mad drama in untucked at Yvie, the People's Queen

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't think I heard any of these bitches say thank you to Five, smdh

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'm an ICU nurse and I have some experience with stroke patients and I'm glad to see that Mercedes was able to make what appears to be a fully recovery. We don't frequently see patients as young as her with a stroke, but on the flip side if you are young the brain has a lot more capacity to heal itself. A bit of a public service announcement but don't smoke and keep in touch with a doctor to try and keep your blood pressure low especially if you're African American as you'll have a higher risk for strokes. Everyone tends to associate smoking with lung cancer, but the increased risk of stroke associated with smoking is perhaps even worse because it can sneak up on you and may leave you in a position where you can't make medical decisions for yourself. As Mercedes mentioned some of the symptoms you'll see in someone having a stroke are going to paralysis in one side which may be especially obvious if you notice drooping and paralysis in the face as well as speech slurring. If possible let EMS know when these symptoms began as they can affect treatment options.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Relive the wonder at your leisure...

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1103701917329473536?s=19

:allears:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Mercedes ain’t even African American. I wonder if she got a blood clot from all that time being on the road and it caused that. Super scary.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Yvie did nothing wrong

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

zelah posted:

Mercedes ain’t even African American.

uhhhh

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ok

zelah fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 8, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
drat Silky is annoying, which means she'll be here for two seasons like Eureka

Except Eureka didn't make terrorist jokes about a fellow Drag Race competitor so maybe not

e: real content, I was loving dying the entire time Vanjie did anything holy poo poo

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

As always the scripts are Not Great but the shooting process itself is entertaining (Vanjie :allears:) so I'm okay with this episode.

Also I love Vanjie's runway; I wish there's some more color blocking and it's not just all crimson, though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
  • Aww, Mercedes <3 I teared up seeing her confidence spark during the lip sync
  • Lol at Vanjie having no control over how her voice sounds
  • Probably the happiest I've ever been with a double challenge win; I couldn't pick which of them I wanted
  • Ariel has the most awkward speaking cadence I've ever heard while also sounding confident in herself. It's really jarring
  • Wtf, Ra'jah. Seriously making so much out of almost nothing
  • Lol that she was talking to at a silent Plastique about it outside. Why did she of all people go outside with her?
  • Bobby Moynihan in the top 5 most adorable guest judges, I could not believe it
  • After two episodes and Untucked, I feel like I barely know anything about Kahanna. She seems sweet and didn't have any shady moments on the show, but almost to the point of having no personality. I hope she gets to shine post-S11

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

When Mercedes said following her stroke she doesn't feel comfortable being seen I was like oh man this might not be the show for y- and then the lipsync started and I was loving flooooored

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey y'all! I'm super behind and finally JUST finished All-Stars 4. I'm wearing blinders and catching up with THIS poo poo this weekend.

I have no idea what just happened and I need a support group. In short:

-MANILA NO

-I love Latrice as a human, not sure how I feel about her drag at this point. But goodness that second chance episode was insane.

-Monique Heart's cow getup in the confessional booth gave me LIFE.

-I unironically wanted Naomi Smalls to win (club 96) but it feels like Shangela last time in that she's the actual winner, so I'm cool with it.

-TWO WINNERS WHAT IS THIS RUPAUL'S BEST FRIENDS RACE?!

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

The scripts were rear end so I'm just gonna go by their onset/prep performances:

- Plastique was funny as hell, and I liked those drat boots!
- Silky's "that fan ain't gonna do poo poo" and Dr Silky Nutmeg Ganache were the only peaks in a continent of valleys
- Vanjie, PBUH, I love you
- Yvie is a solid gal, and I like her too. Definitely a breath of fresh air on the runway
- Good on Mercedes for not only finding a vulnerable place but then turning it the gently caress out on a lipsync.

Agreed, this is a good season

zelah posted:

Mercedes ain't even African American.

:thunk:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Vanjie manages to be over the top without being annoying and it's an art form and I love her :allears:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I like Yvie sticking up for Silky when the other group talked poo poo about her. I also like Yvie not standing down to Ra'jah in Untucked and causing her to run away. Yvie is a bad bitch, and I'm here for it.

I did like RuPaul stirring the pot in the workroom. I don't remember her being that interactive with the queens in years.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yvie sticking up for Silky is like the biggest negative for me actually liking her

Mercedes turning it out for the lipsync is definitely :unsmith: moment of the season already

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Yikes.

There's a rumor that Silky sexually assaulted someone at a bar. Apparently there's tapes of whatever went down, but there's no explicit names being said and no further comments yet - some people on twitter/reddit are suggesting it's because there's an active investigation underway and folks involved aren't allowed to talk about it.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah I heard about that too, although I was waiting to bring it up until more concrete stuff came up

It sucks bcs I liked silky more than most but not if this turns out to be true

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Tendai posted:

Vanjie manages to be over the top without being annoying and it's an art form and I love her :allears:
It's because she can read a room, and it is an art form. (Astrology is total bullshit, of course, but this is reputed to be a Libra thing.) She also might be an actual genius, just in general.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's also just not super extra. When she talks she's loud af and A+++ but she spends a lot of time just keeping to herself/letting the other girls have their moment or drama or w/e. She spent most of Untucked just staying out of it and I lived

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

spite house posted:

She also might be an actual genius, just in general.
I mean, maybe if you give her some syllables and poo poo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want a show that just follows Alexis and Vanessa around tbh, Mateo spinoff when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

spite house posted:

She also might be an actual genius, just in general.