Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aramoro posted:

You can see it in his eyes, he thinks he's tricked Will Self, he caught him in his cunning trap. Then the vague confusion passing over him when no one else picks up on it, then tries to just get angrier to see if that helps.

I enjoy him just staring tubby right in the eyes and his response is to swig.

Aramoro posted:

I mean it would be catastrophic for the economy of the areas that we closed the bases in. But probably not as bad as brexit overall? Not sure i'd go as far as calling it good though.

Yeah but you're helping to dismantle american military projection.

That's definitely good. As opposed to brexit which is helping[ERR.HELP_NOT_FOUND]

The US military priapism shrivvelling and collapsing inwards into a military chode is definitely a good thing.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

What did the fat one say at the end of the clip?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Another thing to alleviate homelessness is to support the political party with plans to suspend the right to buy and to take the money out of ridiculous private house building projects into true social housing.

i agree

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lemonadesweetheart posted:

What did the fat one say at the end of the clip?

"i'm shifting"

in reference to his gammon like state

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sounds like he says "no YOU'RE the bigot mate"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jose posted:

Will self bringing up outrage culture is the best bit

If only he'd called him a snowflake :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

The US military priapism shrivvelling and collapsing inwards into a military chode is definitely a good thing.
And apt

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

I mean it would be catastrophic for the economy of the areas that we closed the bases in. But probably not as bad as brexit overall? Not sure i'd go as far as calling it good though.

In the UK? No it wouldn't, there's maybe half a dozen USAF bases, almost all of which are colocated with RAF bases and have very small permanent strengths, plus Menwith Hill and Fylingdales, all of which are more or less self-sufficient (in the latter two cases very decidedly so, with staff only allowed to leave on very rare occasions). There's no permanent ground forces and Holy Loch has been closed for almost a quarter of a century. Worst things that would happen if they all left is a couple of pubs and used-car dealerships in East Anglia and the Midlands would feel the pinch.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I don't think we were ever taught the parts of the vagina in sex ed. We were taught that transgender people were just gay people in denial, so that was nice

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
teh coloured thing. was it a slip of the tongue? or amber signalling to the right of the party that she can dogwhistle too? if the former: i suppose when we are all 55 divorcees and thigns have moved on from black, some of us will still call black people black before hurriedly correcting ourselves

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gum posted:

I don't think we were ever taught the parts of the vagina in sex ed. We were taught that transgender people were just gay people in denial, so that was nice
Why were you taught sex ed by Carl Værnet?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My physics teacher taught me the world is only 7000 years old so it's not the weirdest thing I've heard.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Gammons care as much about the euphemism treadmill as they do the regular treadmill

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015

Surprise T Rex posted:

What are the best avenues for people to help with homelessness? I give money to people who need it when I can, but it feels like a drop in the bucket sometimes.
Here in York there are several local voluntary groups that arrange donations from businesses then pass them on, as well as running free meals services, dental & foot care (people sleeping rough often have boots on 24/7 which fucks your feet up) & there's a veterinary charity that attend once a month to check their dogs are okay.
They also make up care packages of soap, toothpaste, sanitary products, socks etc.

I manage a charity shop & we pass on sleeping bags, toiletries & outdoor clothing that's not saleable but still okay to wear.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In the UK? No it wouldn't, there's maybe half a dozen USAF bases, almost all of which are colocated with RAF bases and have very small permanent strengths, plus Menwith Hill and Fylingdales, all of which are more or less self-sufficient (in the latter two cases very decidedly so, with staff only allowed to leave on very rare occasions). There's no permanent ground forces and Holy Loch has been closed for almost a quarter of a century. Worst things that would happen if they all left is a couple of pubs and used-car dealerships in East Anglia and the Midlands would feel the pinch.

Places like Croughton are pretty large, although it says RAF on the sign withdrawal of the USAF would pretty much close the base. Fairford is going to have near 1000 direct USAF personnel. RAF Lakenheath has over 5000 USAF personal and well as a thousand of civilian.

If your local MP suggested closing a factory that directly employed 6000 people you might think to yourself, that will be bad for the economy of that local area. And you'd be right. Not getting into the rights and wrong of US military bases here, but there are economic consequences of shutting them down.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

From news.sky.com

Well I guess the debate about bringing her child back is moot now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think you can't really extricate the ethics of US military bases from the discussion... You might as well say we can't stop selling guns to saudi arabia because it would have economic consequences.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I think you can't really extricate the ethics of US military bases from the discussion... You might as well say we can't stop selling guns to saudi arabia because it would have economic consequences.

That why I called it not as bad as Brexit, but not good overall. Especially if you live in Lakenheath etc. It would be good if you could find something to do with these bases instead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

45% of women don't know where their own piss comes out of wtf???

55% actually. And not knowing the word "urethra" might just be a nomenclature thing, but it's a pretty strong sign that the respondent doesn't have a fuckin clue what's going on with their bits

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I uh, again think that it is very definitely preferable to stop doing the thing that kills loads of people overseas even if it has "economic consequences" domestically.

Sure international murder kills people but I make money off international murder so who can say whether it is bad or good?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aramoro posted:

That why I called it not as bad as Brexit, but not good overall. Especially if you live in Lakenheath etc. It would be good if you could find something to do with these bases instead.
Luxury flats.

Keep all the ordnance underneath.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Isn't the entire arms industry just broken windows fallacy anyway? It's not economically helpful, it just kills potential customers for our non-arms exphfaahahahaha like gently caress we manufacture anything else.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
I feel like this could be solved if more women ate pussy

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Aramoro posted:

Bring back that paintball gameshow

Gum posted:

Settle down ALF

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 8, 2019

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gum posted:

:hmmyes:

But to be fair that's a sort of catch-all solution to everything

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Gum posted:

Men are even worse at it though.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
good question. of course a lot of great mobile phone features came out of the arms industry, such as gps, touchscreens and snake II

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Jose posted:

And another government in Europe collapses before our shambles

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1104021509729861632?s=19

Bonus: it's about a month until the next parliamentary election anyway. Bonus2: the PM solo'd the collapse procedure, even other coalition MPs only found out about it once the news alert went out.

The most hilarious precedent for May to follow, just suddenly ragequitting Brexit if her deal is voted down again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Touchscreens are the work of satan.

I mean I know they're intuitive and help lots of people use technology but as a mouse and keyboard user I absolutely loathe using them. If they had never been invented we could have had miniaturized mechanical interfaces instead.

Basically technology peaked with the blackberry and has been all downhill from then.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
this is a real coincidence. i informed my gf only last month that it goes clitoris pisshole then vadge. the way i suggested she remember it is that the 'hood' goes on top

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I know they're intuitive and help lots of people use technology but as a mouse and keyboard user I absolutely loathe using them.

I'm touching ur post right now

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Private Speech posted:

Men are even worse at it though.

That's why we need more women doing it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

Places like Croughton are pretty large, although it says RAF on the sign withdrawal of the USAF would pretty much close the base. Fairford is going to have near 1000 direct USAF personnel. RAF Lakenheath has over 5000 USAF personal and well as a thousand of civilian.

If your local MP suggested closing a factory that directly employed 6000 people you might think to yourself, that will be bad for the economy of that local area. And you'd be right. Not getting into the rights and wrong of US military bases here, but there are economic consequences of shutting them down.

Not if those almost all of those people spent all their time and money inside the factory, I wouldn't.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I know they're intuitive and help lots of people use technology but as a mouse and keyboard user I absolutely loathe using them. If they had never been invented we could have had miniaturized mechanical interfaces instead.

Basically technology peaked with the blackberry and has been all downhill from then.

whats your stance on haptic feedback? i like it, makes it feel more real

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

As a child I was taught that girls pee out of their buttholes because they don't have wee wees.

At some point there was sex ed in class, from which I took that they have vaginas and assumed they'd pee out of there. A very large portion of sex ed was reading through the infomercial material of a skin care company for how to use make up, tampons, and deal with pimples using their product.

I could see myself still believing that hadn't the topic come up through sheer happenstance at some point. It's not that I think of women pissing all the time, cough cough

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Good only if it comes from a rumble pak addon.

E: This applying to both haptic feedback and sex ed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gum posted:

That's why we need more women doing it
This sounds like something that not only should have been automated, but already has been since around the same time as the telephone and the incandescent light.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

As a child I was taught that girls pee out of their buttholes because they don't have wee wees.

At some point there was sex ed in class, from which I took that they have vaginas and assumed they'd pee out of there. A very large portion of sex ed was reading through the infomercial material of a skin care company for how to use make up, tampons, and deal with pimples using their product.

I could see myself still believing that hadn't the topic come up through sheer happenstance at some point. It's not that I think of women pissing all the time, cough cough

Presumably you also thought girls pissed blue liquid then.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Girls do piss blue liquid out of their buttholes, but only after WKD was invented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

OwlFancier posted:

Presumably you also thought girls pissed blue liquid then.

Presumably you think periods are pissing??!!