Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I laughed extremely hard at making Jim the only umpire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I feel like most of the sports episodes aren’t great after the creator — you just don’t have enough freedom to get wild like you would in an RPG or something

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the soul calibur one also didn't feel like it needed two parts

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

omg chael crash posted:

I feel like most of the sports episodes aren’t great after the creator — you just don’t have enough freedom to get wild like you would in an RPG or something

The exception to this is Daz, who they just yelled at until they got good at golf.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I haven't watched the new one yet but in my opinion, the sports ones have all been good to perfect.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I came away from that video knowing less about cricket than I did before, which is impressive because I didn't know a drat thing about the sport going into it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

it's just baseball but instead of running around four bases you run back and forth between two

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Blockhouse posted:

the soul calibur one also didn't feel like it needed two parts

I'm guessing this will be the format for all of them, now. They seem to be playing a game for like four or five hours once every two months, and then giving it to Clayton to stretch into two videos. Which I get, they're probably not getting much from Vox to do these new videos. Sometimes I feel like I can hear Griffin actively watching the clock during the gameplay portion, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's probably also a way to give a bit more longevity to the series as they run out of games to use.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Fellatio del Toro posted:

it's just baseball but instead of running around four bases you run back and forth between two

To me it seems more like an extremely elaborate lawn game. I mean nobody's hitting home runs in cricket, are they?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

They need to give Spy Party another round because that was fantastic, even if it wasn’t actually a Monster Factory

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

showbiz_liz posted:

To me it seems more like an extremely elaborate lawn game. I mean nobody's hitting home runs in cricket, are they?

Not unless they're Jim Johnman.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Ariong posted:

Not unless they're Jim Johnman.

I hadn't actually seen the latest episode when I posted that but I really should have known

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

Justin's soundboard is podcast poison and he knows it

Except for TORONTO!

Paul Stanley is podcast gold forever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The other day I was wondering if we'd ever hear the soundboard ever again for anything for any reason

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 7, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Paul Stanley stuff is great, I love it

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The podcast is at its absolute best when one of the brothers is doing something dumb and annoying that the other two hate, IMO.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Moon Slayer posted:

The podcast is at its absolute best when one of the brothers is doing something dumb and annoying that the other two hate, IMO.

Generally speaking, I agree. But then, Sad Libs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SpacePig posted:

Generally speaking, I agree. But then, Sad Libs.

Sad Libs is enjoyable, but only because it doesn't happen super often. When it does, it is Travis clearly showing his disappointment with his cohosts for not properly prepping the show in advance. That on air punishment, that you the listener get to share in, is nifty to me. If it happened more often? Christ, I'd skip the opening of the show. But as a rare thing that occasionally pops up, it's great.

Whenever Griffin gets mad about something it's typically great stuff for me.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

I will say that Jim Johnman didn't need an episode 2, but Daz was one of the most implicitly-fleshed-out and hilarious characters they've made, and Stang was a brilliant disaster at basketball.

God, I loved Daz. Just this utterly vain sun-roasted SoCal dipshit who desperately believes he hasn't peaked yet and is fighting fruitlessly against the rigors of aging.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How's the new TAZ live show? I don't tend to listen unless the thread praises it first, the format chafes for me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Pretty funny so far, lots of good new NPCs. Not even at the moneyzone yet, tho.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If it helps at all, the Halloween special is my favorite live show by a pretty significant margin

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There is a surprise return cameo that is pretty good.

Retconing the entire finale of balance to be a suffering game nightmare would have been a hell of a way to bring the boys back to the main story of TAZ.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"'...you restore up to... 700 points?!'"

"That's a 9th-level spell, my man. Do not have it. Let's try again."

Thank Clint for Clint.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"I will flex and break the thorns--I rolled a 1!"

:allears:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"This is Magnus Sideburns!"
"Nope."
"So close!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rachtacular/status/1104053002648772608

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Oh yeah the dilweed who sounds like he's recording from the Rock Band mic Travis threw away

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who is she referring to? I always thought "comedy and culture" was a woman speaking

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's apparently someone named joe coughlin/"inturnaround" and it appears to be literally the only thing he's done for maxfun

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Who is she referring to? I always thought "comedy and culture" was a woman speaking

:same:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So someone nobody had ever heard of or cares about? Cool

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

So someone nobody had ever heard of or cares about? Cool

Sounds like at least 30 women have heard of him. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also probably not a good look for MaxFun to have the voice of a sex pest attached to literally everything they put out.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol can you imagine creeping on women and your only claim to fame is “I’m the guy at the part of podcasts you don’t listen to”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm sorry but if you aren't mashing that skip 30 to get to your next podcast the moment they start thanking their producer I don't know what to tell you

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sounds like we're not talking about someone who's embedded deep in the fabric of MaxFun. Re-record the three words he says, keep the other voices, and you've got a clean new sign-off. World's easiest cancellation. Glad the victims felt they could come forward.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Actual question: I thought "sliding into the DM's" could run the gambit of flirting to dick pics. Has anyone said where on the spectrum this nobody was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I have only ever heard that phrase used when the person's actions have been problematic, so I can only imagine it's not innocent cutsey flirting.