Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

wandler20 posted:

Antonio Brown hosed Jordan Poyer's wife? That could cause some instant friction.

They make OTC products for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
A Rams beat writer said last night during all this that Talib stopped a trade to the 49ers last year by refusing a physical, so I guess there's an easy out for players not to be trade to where they don't want to go?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/tampabaytre/status/1103863687797006336?s=21

he’s right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Marcus Gilbert any good?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

mcmagic posted:

Yes, but he's played 12 of the last 32 games

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Yes, but he's played 12 of the last 32 games

Looks like a series of knee and ankle injuries. Talented enough that a team with plenty of cap space should dangle a late round draft pick and see if you get lucky.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

mcmagic posted:

Yep

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Looks like a series of knee and ankle injuries. Talented enough that a team with plenty of cap space should dangle a late round draft pick and see if you get lucky.

Jets should definitely be in it sounds like.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wow

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1104055545705697282

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Weird. Vernon was TERRIBLE last year.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

That’s not OBJ

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1104056763882618880

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s not OBJ

Don't worry this just means that Ogbah will be part of the package for him

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dave gettleman made a good move? i'm not sure how to feel about this

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I thought Vernon would be a salary dump cut and they get a pretty good guard for him? Good move.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

drat that is actually a good trade for the stupid Giants.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fake news, right?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Huh?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Woah, they got Zeitler for Vernon. Great move by the Giants.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1104057895044435968

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That seems like a really poor move by the Browns FO. Not filling me with much confidence.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

John Dorsey has his struggles when it comes to determining appropriate value :ssh:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I guess they traded Zeitler because he makes a lot and they drafted a guard last year who didn’t play at all (injured in training camp I think.)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rest in peace Baker

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde released.

Okay then.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

I guess they traded Zeitler because he makes a lot and they drafted a guard last year who didn’t play at all (injured in training camp I think.)

No they played him in preseason as LG and pushed Bitonio out to tackle, that didn't go well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Okay then.

They need the cap space to sign Big Dick Nick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1104022735016128512

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Stealing from twitter:

Pressures allowed last season:

Giants RGs: 39
Kevin Zeitler: 11

Pressures last season:

Emmanuel Ogbah: 31 (496 rush snaps)
Olivier Vernon: 46 (414 rush snaps)

Seems good for both sides?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Didn't Vernon have some ridiculously out-of-scale contract?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Okay then.

Malik should come to the Rams

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

5 years / $85m signed in 2016.

Remaining hits are (nothing guaranteed):

2019 - $15.5m (age 29)
2020 - $15.5m (age 30)

Browns probably have him play this year on that cap hit (they have tons of space) , then if he's solid, extend him and get down that 2020 number.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

20mil cap hit for a guy that hasn't had double digit sacks since 2013. FFS there's not giving a poo poo about cap space then there's this. loving goddamnit

meanwhile we lose one of the top guards in the league. gently caress this "my guys" bullshit.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

I think so. He was one of the big contract guys from Jerry Reese’ penultimate free agency going into 2016. Vernon’s also missed nine games over the last two seasons, and I think played a bunch more with nagging stuff, so there may be some durability concerns. He’s been a good pass rusher when he plays, but I think they were expecting more out of him, and the Giants still want/need to work on the o-line, so it seems like a fair trade in that respect.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1104062698759876608?s=20

Good insight by my favorite Chiefs twitter guy on why they are shopping both Ford and Houston.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Questions on Vernon:

We don't owe him any guaranteed money at all outside of roster bonuses or whatever and could cut him at anytime for 0 dead cap?
Does he play on the left side? Myles plays on the right I am almost certain. Is it a major thing to switch sides?
He hasn't played 16 games in a while, was he hurt, will it continue to be a problem?
Is he good, where would you rank him among the EDGE's available in FA?

Thanks!

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Kalli posted:

5 years / $85m signed in 2016.

Remaining hits are (nothing guaranteed):

2019 - $15.5m (age 29)
2020 - $15.5m (age 30)

Browns probably have him play this year on that cap hit (they have tons of space) , then if he's solid, extend him and get down that 2020 number.

Yeah, Zeitler is like $10m/$10m/$12m the next few years I think, and he's been solid but certainly not anything pro bowl caliber at any point. Rotating Ogbah/Vernon across from Garrett is solid, since Vernon's more of a natural 4-3 DE than LB. Bitonio, Tretter, and Corbett should be a fairly competent interior, assuming Corbett stays healthy, and one of Harrison, Robinson, or Hubbard should be able to take the RT spot. I think they're drafting 2 OL guys with the way things are angling right now, likely a pure LT and some type of interior combo guy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Yeah, Zeitler is like $10m/$10m/$12m the next few years I think, and he's been solid but certainly not anything pro bowl caliber at any point. Rotating Ogbah/Vernon across from Garrett is solid, since Vernon's more of a natural 4-3 DE than LB. Bitonio, Tretter, and Corbett should be a fairly competent interior, assuming Corbett stays healthy, and one of Harrison, Robinson, or Hubbard should be able to take the RT spot. I think they're drafting 2 OL guys with the way things are angling right now, likely a pure LT and some type of interior combo guy.

Ogbah sucks and I'm constantly confused by where people get the idea that he's good.

from left to right the line is: Robinson, Bitonio (pro bowler), Tretter (just shy pro bowler in CLE), Corbett (now), Hubbard. We had the 2nd best interior line in the league with Zietler you're really underselling how good he is.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1104084747997929472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Gonna be funny if AB torpedoed his trade market so bad that the Steelers can’t unload him.