Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

So, if Cohen was actually seeking a pardon, shouldn't the WH have some evidence of it? If they did why not give that to the House Republicans so they don't look like such chumps at the hearing?

I don't know what the rules are for introducing evidence, but that would be the big "Gotcha" that people were hoping to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Guze posted:

So, if Cohen was actually seeking a pardon, shouldn't the WH have some evidence of it? If they did why not give that to the House Republicans so they don't look like such chumps at the hearing?

I don't know what the rules are for introducing evidence, but that would be the big "Gotcha" that people were hoping to see.

My guess is that any evidence of him asking for a pardon probably includes incriminating information.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Skex posted:

My guess is that any evidence of him asking for a pardon probably includes incriminating information.

that and its a toss up if this stuff it written down.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1104075694823346178

Eli is Jewish.

Give him a break, he's having a rough day.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 8, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

At this point I don't think it would be hard to convince me that Trump was deeply involved with more-or-less any crime ever committed in the United States

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

So this means Trump is gonna get even more publicly unhinged, right? Shine was their Z-tier guy because no one else wanted the job. Who’s next up for the post? Charlie Kirk?

Trump is incredibly vain and if Charlie Kirk, the photoshop scale tool made flesh, was put in front of him for an administration position Trump would get pissed and start berating the child man and his small face

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

theblackw0lf posted:

Give us a Democratic President and senate and that passes within the first month

lol at the idea that this would have passed the house if there was even the slightest chance it could become law.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Baronash posted:

lol at the idea that this would have passed the house if there was even the slightest chance it could become law.

This bill would give the Dems a massive electoral advantage. Not sure why you think it wouldn't easily pass the House.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Ways that the Democratic party has changed in a decade

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/1104080477193818113

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

Ways that the Democratic party has changed in a decade

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/1104080477193818113

I'll believe it when they're in position to actually do something about those issues and don't back down.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

theblackw0lf posted:

This bill would give the Dems a massive electoral advantage. Not sure why you think it wouldn't easily pass the House.
Donors hate it, and so would every Dem with a safe gerrymander.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/brendan_fischer/status/1104023822104256514

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

So given that whenever Republicans complain about something it's invariably them projecting their flaws/crimes onto others; and given that the sex slave massage parlor isn't that far from Mar-a-Lago; and given that there's a Trump tweet for every goddamn situation, I fully expect to hear within the next month or two that there is recorded evidence of him getting a tugjob at that place in Florida from some poor woman, who was a victim of human trafficking in the exact same way that he constantly obsesses about in his tweets and rally speeches.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Failed Imagineer posted:

tbf I don't know if moving to his 2020 campaign is really part of the chaotic WH narrative.

Plus every WH has a certain rate of churn anyway

obama had 5 communications directors (though 1 was interim) over 8 years, and thats counting that one of them left shortly after inauguration for a promotion

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

You're right it's hard so I guess people should just give up the fight eh?

This :matters: bullshit is so tiring

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It continues to amaze me how little money this admin is willing to sell out for.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

ummel posted:

I'm not sure who you are referring to. Kraft just wanted a BJ. No one sent him in. This operation spanned from Orlando to West Palm, and the women were trafficked from China to NYC to FL. Kraft just got caught.

So it’s just coincidence that Kraft a Mar a Lago member, chose the same spa whose owner goes to Mar a Lago parties? And subsequently, the owner didn’t give people a heads up that they were being busted and running a sting on johns?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Christian conservatives want to steal the identity of being victims of anti semitism (without the nasty effects of actual anti semitism) so badly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

It continues to amaze me how little money this admin is willing to sell out for.

it's funny when people act like the rich are incorruptible because they already have so much money.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Skex posted:

Your right it's hard so I guess people should just give up the fight eh?

This :matters: bullshit is so tiring

I don't think it's encouraging people to "give up the fight" to point out that in a split Congress each Party is going to "pass" things that make their base happy that they know the other house isn't going to touch, and that the calculus of what goes to the floor changes when that legislation can actually become law.

The GOP House "repealed" the ACA plenty of times when Obama was in office. Then they got a bill-signer in office and couldn't scrounge up a 50th vote in the Senate.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skex posted:

Your right it's hard so I guess people should just give up the fight eh?
No they should do it, they just aren't going to.

Far from giving up, people should be fighting harder. To elect politicians who might actually do good things when it matters.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/RonnieNYCCPA/status/1104081333008171014

Let that sink in.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Lote posted:

So it’s just coincidence that Kraft a Mar a Lago member, chose the same spa whose owner goes to Mar a Lago parties? And subsequently, the owner didn’t give people a heads up that they were being busted and running a sting on johns?

She wasn't the owner then or now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

I don't think it's encouraging people to "give up the fight" to point out that in a split Congress each Party is going to "pass" things that make their base happy that they know the other house isn't going to touch, and that the calculus of what goes to the floor changes when that legislation can actually become law.

The GOP "repealed" the ACA plenty of times when Obama was in office. Then they got a bill-signer in office and couldn't scrounge up a 50th vote in the Senate.

Just look at California and health care for an example of this from the Democrats.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Skex posted:

You're right it's hard so I guess people should just give up the fight eh?

Of course not, but I'm not going to bow at the altar of Nancy Pelosi because the House passed a couple things purely for show.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Going against this bill for that reason is a sure way of getting your DNC funds cut off and primaried.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Hey I seem to recall Cohen was paid like $2M for "consulting" from some huge corp like AT&T where he did nothing but promise access to Trump? Does nobody remember that or am I having a stroke?

I can't remember if this was a personal grift from Cohen or something else...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yep, Jews are the real anti-Semities.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Elections have great consequences

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepDavids/status/1103751522339508224
https://mobile.twitter.com/RepSpanberger/status/1104050936345964546
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealBankReform/status/1103724736595546112
https://mobile.twitter.com/HomelandDems/status/1103767408915988481

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ewiley posted:

Hey I seem to recall Cohen was paid like $2M for "consulting" from some huge corp like AT&T where he did nothing but promise access to Trump? Does nobody remember that or am I having a stroke?

We don't really know, but I'd imagine the SDNY knows

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Radish posted:

Christian conservatives want to steal the identity of being victims of anti semitism (without the nasty effects of actual anti semitism) so badly.

They want to be martyrs without either the suffering (and death) or the conviction.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Young Freud posted:

They want to be martyrs without either the suffering (and death) or the conviction.

Yeah exactly. I feel like within the year white Christians are going to be calling Jewish people anti semites more regularly if they don't agree with them politically.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

Again, Trump is the very definition of a poor stupid person's idea of rich; a penny pinching miser, who is deathly afraid people will find out he isn't anywhere as rich as he says he is

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Scaramucci also said on TV that some guy's head was shaped like a penis.

Also he has a mean beatbox game or whatever that is called.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1104075694823346178

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ewiley posted:

He got a cool million from Novartis. Probably same deal with a few others, but NVS are hilariously bad at covering up their bribery

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The right is using accusations of anti-Semitism the way it imagines the left uses accusations of racism.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

ONE
HUNNERT
NATZEE
SCALPS

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ummel posted:

Going against this bill for that reason is a sure way of getting your DNC funds cut off and primaried.

If Democrats feared their base the way Republicans do, the world would be in better shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1104082504401780736