Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

RatHat posted:

Speaking of fan-made Pokemon, a guy on reddit designed Regis for every type and they're awesome

Electric, Water, and Fire
Ghost, Psychic, and Dark
Ground, Flying, Grass, and Poison
Dragon, Bug, Fighting, and Fairy
These are mostly really cool, I like Bladeless Fan Regi-Flying.

But unfortunately I clicked on the last one first and Dragon, Bug, and Fighting are all horrifying and I never want to see them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Regifight going full WE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Flopsy posted:

edit: And his invention the Holocaster. Real subtle.

:aaaaa: how in the hell did I only JUST get this?!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

anyone on Let's Go wanna trade a haunter back and forth? I did okay with some randoms but then a guy stole my machamp and that stinks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ada posted:

Oh drat! Is this game any good, cause I could definitely see myself playing it.

It's pretty fun, just don't expect it to explain itself adequately in any respect. And the real game begins after you beat the main story mode.

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.
So a couple weeks ago I repurchased pokebank after about a year and a half of it lapsing, and it still had my pokemon. Any idea how long they store your pokemon once it lapses?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

RatHat posted:

More final evolution "leaks"

Obviously 99% chance they're fake but the designs are interesting to talk about. Grookey and Sobble final forms look...weird but fit a Sword/Shield theme. Scorbunny's is just kinda more speed rabbit. I guess they'd be Grass/Fighting, mono Fire, and Water/Steel? I'd be fine with that.

The final stage for Grookey is the least believable thing I have ever seen. Yeah let's make it wear stripy pyjama trousers. I quite like the second stages they came up with for Scorbunny and Sobble.

e: I just noticed that the Grookey final evo also has a front butt

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I didn't like how vanilla SM's plot was just about Lillie wanting to go shout at her mom some more, or how it ends up with her just going off, and a lot of the scenes (the opening, the Looker crap in post game) dragged on too much so I myself prefer what they did for USUM.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

GlassLotus posted:

So a couple weeks ago I repurchased pokebank after about a year and a half of it lapsing, and it still had my pokemon. Any idea how long they store your pokemon once it lapses?

It's wildly inconsistent. Some people go without renewing for months or over a year in extreme cases, some find their Pokes deleted after only a couple of weeks. The theory seems to be (unless they've changed it) that they do sweeps at irregular intervals of a certain number of accounts. It keeps you on your toes (and paying money to Nintendo).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't help but feel like i've seen those supposed evolution leaks before. like forever ago.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all leaks ar ereal

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those supposed evo leaks are genuinely tripping some 'you've seen these before' alarm bells in my head and i'm trying to remember when and where

like i think someone mocked up a middle stage to transition to the final ones and maybe did a bit of editing overall but the shapes and overall feel of the designs is super goddamn familiar

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the middle grass one kind of looks like the grass lemur leak from a while ago

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I only expect starter leaks from crispy jpgs of anime production stuff.

Regular leaks from chinese people that has gone through a few rounds of international telephone game so yetis and snowmen get confused.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I also prefer the story of S/M over USUM. Lillie and Gladion having to deal with their ill mother in the aftermath and trying to repair their incredibly broken relationship with her is something that I’m sure hits home for many people. I also wonder how many kids played the game and identified with Lillie because they have a parent who behaves in the same way, telling them how to dress, bossing them around and threatening their pets.

It was a few pages ago, but these are my favourite bugs:

Vivillon
Ribombee
Joltik
Leavanny
Volcarona
Araquanid
Scolipede
Yanmega

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

It's wildly inconsistent. Some people go without renewing for months or over a year in extreme cases, some find their Pokes deleted after only a couple of weeks. The theory seems to be (unless they've changed it) that they do sweeps at irregular intervals of a certain number of accounts. It keeps you on your toes (and paying money to Nintendo).

Oh drat, I was under the impression that they kept them essentially forever. I haven't played a Pokemon game since I finished Moon more than two years ago and haven't paid for the bank since around that time. I have boxes full of pokemon bred with perfect IVs and egg moves, EV trained and leveled up. Going to be upset if they're gone :ohdear:

I fired up the 3DS last night but my daughter's copy of Moon was in the system and not mine. I looked in her computer and found that she stored her pokemon in boxes labeled The oldest, The cool kids, The bathers, The dab police, ADORABLE!!!!, and THE BEST.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I didn't like how vanilla SM's plot was just about Lillie wanting to go shout at her mom some more, or how it ends up with her just going off, and a lot of the scenes (the opening, the Looker crap in post game) dragged on too much so I myself prefer what they did for USUM.

Some more? When did she shout at her in the first place? She was dressed up like a space jellyfish for half the game because she was that terrified of defying her.
Stealing cosmog was done out of desperation because she was afraid Lusamine was going to kill it. A big chunk of the plot is Lillie working up the courage to come out of her shell and actually confront her mentally ill mom
rather than quietly letting her stomp all over her.

SirSamVimes posted:

on the other hand, apparently the scene with the Skull grunts who just want to breakdance while surfing on a mantine was added in USUM therefore it's the superior story

You on the other hand make a compelling argument.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 8, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the Rotom as Podedex a gen 7 thing? Because hot drat it’s annoying as hell.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Hey remember this thing

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh god is that a leaked popplio evo?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Procrastine posted:

Hey remember this thing

I actually saw some dudes getting real salty that Popplio didn't evolve into Pennywise.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is the Rotom as Podedex a gen 7 thing? Because hot drat it’s annoying as hell.

They made it way worse in USUM.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Some more? When did she shout at her in the first place? She was dressed up like a space jellyfish for half the game because she was that terrified of defying her.
Stealing cosmog was done out of desperation because she was afraid Lusamine was going to kill it. A big chunk of the plot is Lillie working up the courage to come out of her shell and actually confront her mentally ill mom
rather than quietly letting her stomp all over her.

Yea it was going to get in the last word after her abuser already hosed off to another world when that would have been the perfect oportunity to just :sever: and go become a kickass trainer, instead she gets dragged right back in and has to put her life on hold again - trying to fix her abuser which is also a big no-no.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 8, 2019

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1104087157033951232

Gym Masters

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Yea it was going to get in the last word after her abuser already hosed off to another world when that would have been the perfect oportunity to just :sever: and go become a kickass trainer, instead she gets dragged right back in and has to put her life on hold again - trying to fix her abuser which is also a big no-no.

Lusamine is also her mother though. And as abusive as she is it's not unrealistic for a child to still love them and try to save them even if that's not the best course of action. Lillie didn't go into Ultra space to tell her off more she wanted her come back to her senses. It's only when Lusamine starts actively dehumanizing her again Lillie lost her temper and cut her off.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 8, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Flopsy posted:

Lusamine is also her mother though. And as abusive as she is it's not unrealistic for a child to still love them and try to save them even if that's not the best course of action. Lillie didn't go into Ultra space to tell her off more she wanted her come back to her senses. It's only when Lusamine starts actively dehumanizing her again Lillie lost her temper and cut her off.

This is coming from someone who's in a family situation not entirely dissimilar to this. So do me a favor and stop being flippant about it, my mother is actively trying to sever with my Grandmother and it's a lot more complicated than you think.

Did she try using Hyper Beam?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I love the wording of "it appears" as if Nintendo America has no goddamn clue what this pokeymans game is

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Did she try using Hyper Beam?

She tried using forgiveness. It wasn't very effective.

edit: I actively regret putting that last part in there now. My bad.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
I forgot about these extra Lugia/Ho-oh codes I had from the end of last year. They "expired" but still work for now.

A885NHW93A3M9WH2
A885NHTS7PAMMYG7

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You guys wanted leaks?

As soon as we see the UI design for battles, we'll know if it's fake or not. But hey, with the video to go alongside it, this is nice and convincing, just how I like my leaks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yanmapter?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This new Pokemon game might make me buy a Switch (I'll see what the new model is) despite the fact that the only Pokemon game I ever actually beat was Blue, multiple times, when I was a wee lad. Ever since, I'd always buy the game, make it about 40 hours in, then put it down forever, for no discernible reason.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
why is there no fan art of the new Bug/Dragon yet, smh fan artists so slow

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
These most recent leaks do look like the SM leaks with Pennywise and fire panther. The grookey final form does remind me of the silly welsh folk dance dudes someone brought up when the starters were shown as a possible reference for Grookey's musical hints.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hope there's a snooker Pokemon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope the snooker pokemon knows the special snooker words to Lady in Red that every snooker player knows

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

You guys wanted leaks?

As soon as we see the UI design for battles, we'll know if it's fake or not. But hey, with the video to go alongside it, this is nice and convincing, just how I like my leaks.

I love it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hope there's a snooker Pokemon

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Oh, that's a bad hiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU