Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Flopsy posted:

Lusamine is also her mother though. And as abusive as she is it's not unrealistic for a child to still love them and try to save them even if that's not the best course of action. Lillie didn't go into Ultra space to tell her off more she wanted her come back to her senses. It's only when Lusamine starts actively dehumanizing her again Lillie lost her temper and cut her off.

I think that part of the story was very realistic. The children of abusive parents often don’t sever, even if they should. They still care about their parent because it’s their parent and it’s difficult to mend that relationship. Nothing was wrapped up in a tidy little bow. Lusamine was recovering and Lillie and Gladion have a long road ahead of them to repair their relationship with their mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Reveilled posted:

Oh, that's a bad hiss

Catalina
May 20, 2008

By the way US/UM Rotom Dex is my best friend, and I won't stand for you guys disrespecting his good name like that. :colbert:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I liked the S/M story more overall, but preferred the US/UM ending slightly because Lillie becomes a badass trainer and fights alongside you, which loving rules

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She gets one double battle where Faba goes "Haha I tricked you into a double battle with a weak link!" and then afterwards she goes "I guess i'm not strong enough, i'll help by standing in this hallway and healing your pokemon." And then she gets used as a hostage

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Solumin posted:

They made it way worse in USUM.

Gen IV was the only time Nintendo ever had a good use for the bottom screen (The Poketch and Quickmenu) and it annoys me to no end they never got it right again. I'm not saying Super-Training/Pokemo-amie is bad, just that its the kind of thing that doesn't need to be hogging the screen during normal gameplay. You can't even use some of the stuff on the C-Gear anymore now that the servers are gone.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean she's just starting out with a Clefairy give her some slack

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm just saying her yelling at her mum in space about how she's terrible was probably cooler than getting used as a hostage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wish she would've started her pokemon trainer journey with the fully evolved nebby as her starter. Let's see Brock's geodude deal with that poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She gets one double battle where Faba goes "Haha I tricked you into a double battle with a weak link!" and then afterwards she goes "I guess i'm not strong enough, i'll help by standing in this hallway and healing your pokemon." And then she gets used as a hostage

she fights with you competently in the Battle Tree also

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh that's cool, I never did any Battle Tree stuff in Ultra.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

galagazombie posted:

Gen IV was the only time Nintendo ever had a good use for the bottom screen (The Poketch and Quickmenu) and it annoys me to no end they never got it right again. I'm not saying Super-Training/Pokemo-amie is bad, just that its the kind of thing that doesn't need to be hogging the screen during normal gameplay. You can't even use some of the stuff on the C-Gear anymore now that the servers are gone.

I disagree, Gen VI was pretty much the perfect use of the lower screen for the PSS (and the other fun stuff in ORAS) and I dearly miss it since it allowed them to blend near-perfectly single-player and online.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
HGSS bottom screen was the best, of course they dropped it after one game

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

I think that part of the story was very realistic. The children of abusive parents often don’t sever, even if they should. They still care about their parent because it’s their parent and it’s difficult to mend that relationship. Nothing was wrapped up in a tidy little bow. Lusamine was recovering and Lillie and Gladion have a long road ahead of them to repair their relationship with their mom.

Also, arent Lillie and Gladion like 11-14? Kids that age still view their parents as superheroes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1104117368203239426

Welp, I guess we weren't meant to know that yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Too late. I know it all now.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I know everything

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'm thinking of picking up US or UM. I've been out of the game for a couple years, so I don't know whether there's any compelling reason to pick one over the other. Is this Blacephalon dealy any good? Should I care about... version exclusive Ultra Recon Squad?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Outside of the cover legendary Pokemon and the usual version exclusivity of certain Pokemon, the most noticeable thing is that Moon sets the clock ahead 12 hours so it's night time during the day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh poo poo I get to beat on Team Rocket again? This owns.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

on the bored wop posted:

I'm thinking of picking up US or UM. I've been out of the game for a couple years, so I don't know whether there's any compelling reason to pick one over the other. Is this Blacephalon dealy any good? Should I care about... version exclusive Ultra Recon Squad?

basically: if you want to use Dusk Balls like a fiend pick the version that has night-time when you're normally playing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hammerite posted:

The final stage for Grookey is the least believable thing I have ever seen. Yeah let's make it wear stripy pyjama trousers. I quite like the second stages they came up with for Scorbunny and Sobble.

e: I just noticed that the Grookey final evo also has a front butt

You got somethin' against stripey pajama pants?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessa posted:

Agreed 100%.

Vandar posted:

You got somethin' against stripey pajama pants?

Lurantis has the style to make those bacon pants sizzle.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crosspeice posted:

You guys wanted leaks?

As soon as we see the UI design for battles, we'll know if it's fake or not. But hey, with the video to go alongside it, this is nice and convincing, just how I like my leaks.

This is such a baffling design it’s probably real.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I love her

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I think she's based on a peanut bug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgora_laternaria

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Clip of that thing in action.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I love the reverse dragonfly shape on the peanut bug

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmm looks like it's crying. sobble evo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Is it possible to play every generation of Pokemon on a 3DS? Or would you still need a GBA?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

You wouldn't be able to play the gba games, but you would have omega ruby/alpha sapphire instead.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, the only things you'd miss access to are original Ruby/Sapphire and Firered/Leafgreen.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and LGPE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
cool, thanks

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gruckles posted:

You wouldn't be able to play the gba games, but you would have omega ruby/alpha sapphire instead.

Even these can be played with a hacked Nu3DS.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Dehry posted:

Outside of the cover legendary Pokemon and the usual version exclusivity of certain Pokemon, the most noticeable thing is that Moon sets the clock ahead 12 hours so it's night time during the day.

Ah, forgot about that. I did Moon the first time around, maybe I'll go US to get a (mildly) different experience.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Not a mainline game. If we count that we should probably count the Colosseum duology as well

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it's an official gen VII mainline game sis, following FRLG, HGSS and ORAS

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

it's a gen VII mainline game sis, following FRLG, HGSS and ORAS

No it isn't. Its explicitly called out as not a mainline game in multiple interviews, has a bunch of changed or truncated mechanics and can't trade with the rest of the series.

Its a spin-off. The Colosseum games have way more of a claim to being Gen III mainline since they actually have full mechanics and can transfer back and forth with the other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's mainline and is listed as such on the official website:

And furthermore: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/8n9atm/clarification_the_lets_go_titles_are_mainline/