Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

What makes the transition between TLA and TLJ not work for you when (I guess?) the transition between ANH and ESB does?

well it is called the empire strikes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

remember, this is a man who claims to Extremely Not Care about star wars lol

I care a lot about Star Wars. I just hate the discourse around it. I mean look at this poo poo. Me included! It’s madness yo!

Star Wars means a whole lot to me. And it always will no matter how frustrated I am with people who like or dislike it or whatever in between.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CelticPredator posted:

I’ll probably like it though. Unlike you who will bitch and bitch endlessly as you poo poo yourself because Rey wins or something

The issue with the film is more that it’s badly edited, the narrative is compromised by studio-mandated reshoots, the action scenes are largely poorly done, it’s overreliant on expository dialogue, it’s deeply conservative, none of the jokes land, it doesn’t actually function as a commentary on the rest of the series, and there are zero interesting designs.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

you gently caress

I'm a star wars fan, I very obviously don't gently caress.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i have determined from hundreds of hours of examining each frame of the star wars sequel trilogy that they aren't very good

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
CelticPredator loves to debate the merits of TLJ but never actually reacts to any meaningful criticism brought up in this thread and instead just brings up poo poo nobody cares about.

"you bunch hate TLJ because Holdo has purple hair lol"

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Captain Jesus posted:

CelticPredator loves to debate the merits of TLJ but never actually reacts to any meaningful criticism brought up in this thread and instead just brings up poo poo nobody cares about.

"you bunch hate TLJ because Holdo has purple hair lol"

Its loving coded responses too - he's implying if you don't like TLJ you're an alt-right CHUD who can't get over the fact that there is a woman in star wars!

gently caress him, double gently caress TLJ and triple gently caress CHUDS.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrFlibble posted:

Its loving coded responses too - he's implying if you don't like TLJ you're an alt-right CHUD who can't get over the fact that there is a woman in star wars!

gently caress him, double gently caress TLJ and triple gently caress CHUDS.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
TLJ was a good movie with a few dumb moments.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/DepressedDarth/status/1103966606328299520?s=19

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

episode ix but every time someone in the writer's room has a bad idea palpatine says 'do it!'

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

episode ix but every time someone in the writer's room has a bad idea palpatine says 'do it!'

lol

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Can you imagine it's 2019 and you care about a Star Wars?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Can you imagine it's 2019 and you care about a Star Wars?

From my admittedly anecdotal experience it really does seem like Star Wars has been mortally wounded. People are just completely done with being fans of it after the past few debacles. Like even if you didn't hate TLJ you just don't care about the universe anymore.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lolling at JJ buying pizza for the people in line to see the teaser like he did for TFA but having to throw most of it away

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The issue with the film is more that it’s badly edited, the narrative is compromised by studio-mandated reshoots, the action scenes are largely poorly done, it’s overreliant on expository dialogue, it’s deeply conservative, none of the jokes land, it doesn’t actually function as a commentary on the rest of the series, and there are zero interesting designs.

I kind of like the chrome TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This might not even be fun as a disaster

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When rian kills your emperor stand-in character so you just say gently caress it and cut out the middle man

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

galagazombie posted:

From my admittedly anecdotal experience it really does seem like Star Wars has been mortally wounded. People are just completely done with being fans of it after the past few debacles. Like even if you didn't hate TLJ you just don't care about the universe anymore.

It's true for me at least. I was pretty excited when I saw the yellow intro text scroll by in TFA, and I walked out pretty done with Star Wars, and TLJ just did the equivalent of a mercy killing of my love for the franchise

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

according to the rumor-based article that this is based on, it's not the emperor returning, just a hologram of the emperor appearing in a vault that kylo ren breaks into

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The article cites Express, which is a tabloid that regularly cites Mike Zeroh for their Star Wars rumors, who is basically the modern Supershadow

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 9, 2019

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Cease to Hope posted:

according to the rumor-based article that this is based on, it's not the emperor returning, just a hologram of the emperor appearing in a vault that kylo ren breaks into

I didn't read it because I didn't care if it were true or not

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paul Saltines is the GOAT and I hope he shows up and says "DO IT" or maybe he's holding a pair of Nikes and he says "JUST DO IT" and then looks directly into the camera for a moment.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

galagazombie posted:

What debacles? I mean I'm still a fan and I still care about the universe. Just because a lot of blogs don't like a movie I liked isn't going to make me not give a poo poo. I didn't start liking the Star War because my friends or random people did.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

galagazombie posted:

Just think of Star Wars as the original trilogy only. Skip everything that came after it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

But that mean skipping the Ewok movies, which is just silly.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Gonz posted:

Paul Saltines is the GOAT and I hope he shows up and says "DO IT" or maybe he's holding a pair of Nikes and he says "JUST DO IT" and then looks directly into the camera for a moment.

then he leaps and spins in the air (that's a good trick) and does the chaos dunk, obliterating the resistance fleet

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Sure, why not? It's not like we're getting a coherent story out of this trilogy anyway, let's at least get some more Ian McDermott ham.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Preston Waters posted:

I didn't read it because I didn't care if it were true or not

that seems to be the recurring theme in all the replies

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm sure JJ has learned from his past experiences this time, and he'll make a leap forward as a filmmaker in star wars 9

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ash1138 posted:

then he leaps and spins in the air (that's a good trick) and does the chaos dunk, obliterating the resistance fleet

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What happened to jivjov? I don't seem him in this thread or any Nintendo thread and he was a staple of both. I miss the sad sad hilarity he'd bring.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the mods told him to knock it off because they were sick of all the reports, so he exiled himself from star war posting. At least we still have his less funny older brother celtic predator

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
He even toxxed himself to never post in this thread again with the exception of making one post about episode IX when it comes out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Did he just completely gently caress off the forums though? Seems like he just stopped altogether.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Angry Salami posted:

Sure, why not? It's not like we're getting a coherent story out of this trilogy anyway, let's at least get some more Ian McDermott ham.

Thats a fair point, but they should just write Ian McDermott a check in general no need for him to appear on screen again.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Did he just completely gently caress off the forums though? Seems like he just stopped altogether.
It turned out Star Wars was the only thing sustaining him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Martman posted:

It turned out Star Wars was the only thing sustaining him.

he just...lost the will to post....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Yay actual spoilers... I guess.

If I cared just a little more I’d find that picture of Dewey saying “I expected nothing and I’m still disappointed.”