Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Here's what I think is going on re: Tony's relationship with Court Annie and Forest Annie:

As we know, Tony's problem is that when there's one person in a room, he shuts down. Personally, I think it's a control thing—if there's one person, he can focus all of his attention on them, and allow himself to let down his guard. Otherwise, when even a single additional person enters the room, he goes into defense mode and shuts down emotionally.

Thus far, his problem with Annie has been that even when they're alone, there's always a metaphorical third person in the room—Surma. The fact that Annie even exists is a constant reminder of his failures, and as such that defense mechanism remains in place so long as he sees Surma standing just behind Annie's shoulders.

But with Forrest Annie, it's different. She exists not because of Tony, but because of Loup's shenanigans—and as a result, Tony can see her as more than just his daughter/dead wife, but instead as an individual. And it may or may not be conscious, but it's just enough for him to allow himself to become more relaxed around her in the same way he can with everyone else.

But unfortunately, that mental block still exists for Court Annie—so going forward, either Forrest Annie will remain a separate entity and enjoy a closer relationship with her father as Court Annie suffers, or they merge and Tony goes back to seeing her as an extension of his wife and turning into a robot every time they talk.

No happy endings, yay! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The real annie is boxbot this whole time

heloooooooooooooo

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man no comment on Tom moving to New York to be a big shot comic artist?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I just figured he's going to be working on Spider-Man for Marvel.

I know, I know, he's a better fit for a Jean Gray ongoing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scaramouche posted:

This is the first I'm hearing about that, but good for him! And good for comics, he's a great writer and artist and whoever hired him made an excellent choice.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is he actually moving for that reason? He seems incredibly private, and I haven't seen him post about other work.

I can't believe that all the Marvel artists live in NYC. I imagine most are remote workers.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was just making a joke. I assumed he was just moving, not for a job.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
moving out of britain is understandable, but the us isnt really in any better shape tom

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

make mockery posted:

moving out of britain is understandable, but the us isnt really in any better shape tom

Give it three weeks.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Scaramouche posted:

I wish him all the best! New York is a great place to live, in my humble opinion.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

make mockery posted:

Doesn't he already live in like Seattle?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I thought he lived in Birmingham.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ah I might be confusing him for the other British web comic Tom

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
pretty sure he and Magnolia Porter are dating, and that's a big reason why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tom and Maggie sitting in a tree.

W E B C O M I C I N G.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

witchcore ricepunk posted:

pretty sure he and Magnolia Porter are dating, and that's a big reason why.

adorable if true

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

make mockery posted:

adorable if true

They're engaged and he just moved to New York City this past Saturday.

No this isn't weird she just posts about it a lot on Twitter.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Courtnnie is so mean :mad:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Elysiume posted:

I mean, do you ever have a particularly positive opinion of who you were six months ago?

I mean, imagine having to literally physically put up with the person you used to be, having not learned and experienced all the things you did in that time, and thus having not learned the poo poo you had to and grow from it. Sounds pretty aggravating to me.

Forest Annie, strictly speaking, is the less mature one here, by definition.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I mean, do you ever have a particularly positive opinion of who you were six months ago?

I mean, imagine having to literally physically put up with the person you used to be, having not learned and experienced all the things you did in that time, and thus having not learned the poo poo you had to and grow from it. Sounds pretty aggravating to me.

drat, dude

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't think this is going quite as well as Kat had hoped.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Just because no one is going to complain if you're a complete rear end in a top hat to yourself doesn't mean it's any less immoral than hating a different person

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
you cant fairly blame your past self for not having learned the lessons you hadnt learned yet

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
If Court Annie is so independent, why is her hair still short?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Malpais Legate posted:

They're engaged and he just moved to New York City this past Saturday.

No this isn't weird she just posts about it a lot on Twitter.

Awwwww, congrats to them!

Also: drat Court Annie, don't be so mean to yourself.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Is there an art error in the middle panel? It looks like Forest Annie is wearing makeup.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Is there an art error in the middle panel? It looks like Forest Annie is wearing makeup.

Lol she totally is! Good catch.

Seems like Court Annie living with her dad hasn't had a positive effect on her. And she's taking it out on the only person who really understands. Good ol' Annie!

Adorable about Tom's engagement. I couldn't help but be like, "Dude don't move to the US! Y'all have Brexit, but you also have health care!" when I read he was moving, haha.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In what chapter does she lose the necklace?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

She didn't lose it. She left it behind. Court Annie is literally yelling at Forest Annie for an action they both took before the split.

hosed up

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mraagvpeine posted:

In none of them.

As Annie just explained, she wasn't wearing it when she was duplicated, so the necklace wasn't duplicated either. And as Annie also just explained, she put it back on after coming back home. So now there are two Annies and just one necklace.

But the stuff that Annie did wear on the day she went to meet Loup was duplicated, so they both have a hairclip for example.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

catapede posted:

Adorable about Tom's engagement. I couldn't help but be like, "Dude don't move to the US! Y'all have Brexit, but you also have health care!" when I read he was moving, haha.

Yeah, the idea of moving to the US on a potentially unstable income is goddamn terrifying.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"Look at all these things you didn't make up for in the past 6 months that I did, me from literally 6 months ago!"

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm starting to think Courtnie is being unreasonable.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The only think I know Magnolia Porter for is the greatest guest strip of all time.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Lurdiak posted:

The only think I know Magnolia Porter for is the greatest guest strip of all time.

Magnolia Porter is awesome. Bobwhite is still one of my favorite comics and I reread once every few years.
http://www.bobwhitecomics.com/?webcomic_post=20080728

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Elysiume posted:

Courtnnie
F'rannie

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
"Not anymore"

drat. That's the harshest bottom text I've read.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, now I think forest Annie is going to kill court Annie over the necklace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Annie is going to be the only person ever to both succeed and survive her suicide.