Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

It was still a good episode with a positive message. I have mixed feelings about this.

It's a good episode but I don't think there's anyway to separate Jackson from his crimes anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
it's amazing how everyone has known Michael Jackson and R. Kelly were pedophiles for years now, but people only virch about it now that new documentaries are out

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I was gonna say, it's weird how no-one seemed to care after all the trials (acquitted) and the tabloid gossip, but a documentary comes out and now everyone is like MONSTER!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's not weird or amazing at all.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Al Jean - "The evidence is in the bottom corner."

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They gave the lead diversity kitty a Star of David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAjGHcJbLM

Has this finally spread to new forums? Everyone mocked vahe when he coined it...

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Applewhite posted:

It was still a good episode with a positive message. I have mixed feelings about this.

I'm just glad I've got my DVDs if they're going to start tampering with episodes on the streaming services.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Alan_Shore posted:

I was gonna say, it's weird how no-one seemed to care after all the trials (acquitted) and the tabloid gossip, but a documentary comes out and now everyone is like MONSTER!

It's really not that weird when you consider how people reacted to almost any other case of famous/powerful people being awful

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Horace posted:

I'm just glad I've got my DVDs if they're going to start tampering with episodes on the streaming services.

I was just thinking the same thing. Physical
Media is gonna make a comeback because of poo poo like this.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Gonna be weird when nearly every episode that contains a celebrity or political leader is pulled from rotation after their dirty laundry comes out leaving only the Tony Hawk and Bob Dole episodes as the only episodes left in rotation.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pulling the Michael Jackson episode but keeping the episode with Henry “higher body count than any human being currently alive” Kissinger, smdh.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Pulling the Michael Jackson episode but keeping the episode with Henry “higher body count than any human being currently alive” Kissinger, smdh.

It’s not actually him voicing the character in that one... unless you’re referring to a different newer episode that I wouldn’t be so shocked to hear about.:smith:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Simpsons are going to The Hague!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Al Jean did Nothing Wrong

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
The Simpsons are going to Walmart!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Alan_Shore posted:

Michael Jackson and R Kelly were already meme'd as perverts and molesters and it only stopped with MJ because he died and his cult is really strong. The trials really did nothing other than ensure no jail time even though they should have gotten a them.

How Mike Tyson saw 3 years of prison time in the same era is really a miracle.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Justin Godscock posted:

Michael Jackson and R Kelly were already meme'd as perverts and molesters and it only stopped with MJ because he died and his cult is really strong. The trials really did nothing other than ensure no jail time even though they should have gotten a them.

How Mike Tyson saw 3 years of prison time in the same era is really a miracle.

And strangely enough, now Tyson is a beloved and accepted meme personality.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Punch punch bite rape jail! :razz:

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I imagine he has the boxers pass of brain damage and paying what little time he had paid vs Michael Jackson who died while preparing for one of his biggest comebacks.

Does this mean that future re-releases of Sonic 3 will be like the lame PC port and be without Ice Cap, Launch Base, and Carnival Circus themes.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Al Jean did Nothing Wrong

He was just following borters

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Houle posted:

I imagine he has the boxers pass of brain damage and paying what little time he had paid vs Michael Jackson who died while preparing for one of his biggest comebacks.

Does this mean that future re-releases of Sonic 3 will be like the lame PC port and be without Ice Cap, Launch Base, and Carnival Circus themes.

Lately they’ve just not bothered to rerelease Sonic 3 at all. Sometimes & Knuckles alone gets a rerelease but not 3.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Sonic 3 has plausible deniability, because the official line has always been that Michael left the project and they didn't use his stuff. But he definitely voiced Leon Kompowsky on the Simpsons, even if he didn't sing "Lisa it's your Birthday."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mantis42 posted:

They gave the lead diversity kitty a Star of David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAjGHcJbLM

what the flying gently caress

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
this is amazing and someone needs to find it in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wj6Zxdt1sY

also the lisa one where homer says her favourite food is chicken nuggets

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not content with making more bad Simpsons, they've made it so there's officially less good Simpsons.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dimebags Brain posted:

no one must know i dropped them in the toilet

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing this highlights for me is how weird it is that Cosby never ended up on the Simpsons.

Homer loves jello, Homer loves waking up on the couch after long naps, seems like a slam dunk.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
he loves pokemon

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was an entire episode of Homer in a Cosby sweater being a tv dad. :ohdear:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the cosby show was direct competition for the simpsons. cosby himself wore a bart simpson shirt at some point but it was probably contractual network obligations that would have prevented him from appearing

it's also a late simpsons move to have him because having the parody is funnier than anything he would actually do as a guest or playing himself

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Isn't Dr Hibbert a Cosby parody? He used to wear the same sweaters.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
they both give people drugs

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkzgjW0B9M

I guess this scene would kind of count?

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
that sounds like Dan Castelenetta imitating the voice of a black man

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWgI2YAupCM

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

why wasn't this ever on the DVDs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Marge and Homer sneak into a wedding expo by stealing the badges of the keynote speaker. After faking their way through a speech, Homer tries to carry Marge up the stairs and they both fall and get injured.

Homer gets a hernia and the medication he gets one has a hallucinatory side effect. His hallucination is personified by Wallace Shawn, which tries to keep him out of shape. Marge takes up kite surfing with a New Zealander who might be another celebrity who knows.

Lisa tricks Homer into going to the beach where he sees Chief Wiggum break a bike because he's so fat and decides he won't let himself go. Homer and Marge get tangled in a wind farm together which somehow fixes things.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

homeless guy posted:

why wasn't this ever on the DVDs

:iiam:

That's probably the first time I've seen that clip since it originally aired, and boy howdy, they really are running it into the ground 27 years later

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They fall down the stairs at one point and it's so dull. Just blandly animated. If it was older days blah blah blah we've been over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

In the new one, Marge and Homer sneak into a wedding expo by stealing the badges of the keynote speaker. After faking their way through a speech, Homer tries to carry Marge up the stairs and they both fall and get injured.

Homer gets a hernia and the medication he gets one has a hallucinatory side effect. His hallucination is personified by Wallace Shawn, which tries to keep him out of shape. Marge takes up kite surfing with a New Zealander who might be another celebrity who knows.

Lisa tricks Homer into going to the beach where he sees Chief Wiggum break a bike because he's so fat and decides he won't let himself go. Homer and Marge get tangled in a wind farm together which somehow fixes things.

Al Jean reading this writer's script: