Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tadashi posted:

How good does my Ewok team need to be to get 7* C3PO? Do I absolutely need Logray and Wicket or can I scrape by with Chirpa/Teebo/EE/Scout/Paploo?

with the ideal team of chirpa/logray/paploo/elder/wicket Ive seen it done with g10/11 and just the zeta on chirpa. any deviation from that team is gonna need more gear and more zetas like CaptainPsyko said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CaptainPsyko posted:

Logray and Wicket will both make it substantially easier. People have done it with neither, but each one you remove is that much more investment in gear and/or zetas and/or time spent getting mad at your phone that you’ll need to make if you want to win.

What kind of gear level we talking here? If those five as mentioned are all at least g10? g11?

Edit: beaten as I posted, thx

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If you're planning on doing it with no zetas and missing 2 of Paploo/Logray/Wicket, then you're gonna need full G12.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This is gonna be awkward to explain to my CLS/Chewhan/R2 team.

"Daddy couldn't afford Logray this month, honey. Maybe next time."

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I plan on banging my head against the wall with g11 zchirp, Ee, Logray, Paploo, Scout

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Scout for Wicket is probably the easiest replacement; consider Teebo insteadnof Scout if you’re having trouble keeping aggro on paploo, but Scout is probably better, and in either case you are giving up straight Damage more than key utility (I.e. losing daze and foresight from Logray SUCKS).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finally got Sion to 7* so I'm now working on Zalbaar as he's further along than Junhai in the LS hard battles. Once I've gotten the Death Trooper and Bossk to 7* I'll switch over to KOTOR characters in Cantina and DS battles respectfully. I'll probably have until the summer before Revan is back. Do you need either Bastillas?

Also I feel kinda dirty putting my most recent zeta on Ezra, but he's part of my current Jedi team.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You need LS Bastila.

Don't feel bad about throwing a Zeta on Ezra, he's good in a shitload of different teams, unlike most of the Phoenix members.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I finally got Sion to 7* so I'm now working on Zalbaar as he's further along than Junhai in the LS hard battles. Once I've gotten the Death Trooper and Bossk to 7* I'll switch over to KOTOR characters in Cantina and DS battles respectfully. I'll probably have until the summer before Revan is back. Do you need either Bastillas?

Also I feel kinda dirty putting my most recent zeta on Ezra, but he's part of my current Jedi team.

Yeah, you need LS Bastilla, and Zalbaar is a good choice, since he's needed for Revan but Juhani isn't.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
For c3po, should the Ewok team be: Chirpa(L), Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Elder?

I'm new to ewoks.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Moral_Hazard posted:

For c3po, should the Ewok team be: Chirpa(L), Wicket, Paploo, Logray, Elder?

I'm new to ewoks.

Yep that's it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
ugh, f this c3po event. I've got my ewoks almost all up to gear 11 with Chirpa being the only 6* (rest 7*) and I can't even get close to 5*ing Threepio.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Makes me feel better about not stopping on gearing BHs to focus on Ewoks. Though, lord knows when I'll ever get 3PO.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I was hoping just to unlock 3po this round, but I don't think I can even do that. I'll be very ready by the next time it comes around though

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Chirpa's zeta is the secret.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Mr. Neutron posted:

Chirpa's zeta is the secret.

I've got it, doesn't seem to help. I'm going to transfer my arena mods over and maybe that will help, but :effort:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

I've got it, doesn't seem to help. I'm going to transfer my arena mods over and maybe that will help, but :effort:

uh

you need to do that. You absolutely need arena mods.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

you need to do that. You absolutely need arena mods.

^^^^

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I did it with whatever mods I had on them but perhaps I just got lucky.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Sounds like i got lucky as well, g11 ewoks with a Z on Chirpa and Wicket, leftover speed mods on all, and i steamrolled 6* and 7* C3PO

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I did G12 EE, G11 Pap/Log/Wicket and G10 zChirpa. I moved some non-arena speedy sets on them because of 6e mod restrictions and got it on the second go. Nailing Chewie ASAP worked great.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I however had a kickin rad tricked out Zuper Ewok team and it took me many, many hours of trying to get it to pop off. When it did though I wrecked them with no losses.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm gonna have to grind for a zeta for Chirpa in the next 5 days. gently caress. I just barely got Logray in time too.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Logray is hugely important, maybe more so than zirpa

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

fishtobaskets posted:

Logray is hugely important, maybe more so than zirpa

To clarify, not in terms of zetas, having logray is super important, but zeta chirpas lead before lograys unique

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
I've got

g12 Ewok Elder
g11 Ewok Scout
g11 Paploo
g10 zChirpa
g8 Logray

I blew through tier 6, but I've tried tier 7 now hundreds of times and I can't even get close.

1. No Wicket, which is a huge bummer, but I got to imagine this event is definitely doable without him. Ewok Scout can at least hit like a truck.
2. I have extra zetas that I could put on Logray or Paploo. I'm loathe to, and I'm not sure if they would have much impact. Who would it be if I did though? Paploo?
3. I clearly should have Logray at a higher level. I should be able to get him up to g9 at least. Not sure how big of an impact that will have either.
4. They all have about +75 speed, except Elder (+35 or so) since I went full health/tenacity on him.

This event is crazy difficult. Harder than the Chewbacca event by far, IMO. I thought I would be able to beat it with this lineup, but I simply can't. Out of around 300 attempts, I taken down a character (usually Chewie) only 5 or 6 times. But that's as far as I can get.

Any suggestions?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Make a put of coffee, get an audio book ready, and do it a thousand more times.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Gear up Logray and make sure Paploo and Logray are fastest so they can dispell the taunt and chewie's buffs.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

WerrWaaa posted:

Make a put of coffee, get an audio book ready, and do it a thousand more times.

Haha, you nailed it. I gave it probably 40-50 more runs and the clouds parted and I beat it.

Unbelievable

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Wintermutant, I'm sorry, but we need everyone active in Territory Wars, Battles, and Discord. We'll get QGJ to invite you.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
QGJ has plenty of open space atm, if you're a goon and not in one of our two guilds, hop on the discord and join the party.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I've almost got my first 7*, I'm assuming QGj is where I'm ending up? The sooner I can get out of this pub guild that keeps not filling Territory Wars the better.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

I've almost got my first 7*, I'm assuming QGj is where I'm ending up? The sooner I can get out of this pub guild that keeps not filling Territory Wars the better.

yeah join qgj immediately

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Throw me your friend code and get in the discord, you can still get in on this TW

LIKE TEN DICKS
Feb 25, 2009
are there any openings in the goonguilds

I see there are i will join the discord

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Get in a goon guild asap, even if you dont have a 7* yet for raids you get guild currency from the daily activities and will benefit from the other guild events too

Actually can you join a raid sim without a 7* character?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Get in a goon guild asap, even if you dont have a 7* yet for raids you get guild currency from the daily activities and will benefit from the other guild events too

Actually can you join a raid sim without a 7* character?

Yeah I think so - just need 35 7* Han Solo in the guild and a certain amount of clears

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Everyone who isn't CaptainPsyko, and who isn't in SM or QGJ, get into the Discord and we'll get you into QGJ.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 18, 2019

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MichiganCubbie posted:

Everyone who isn't in SM or QGJ, get into the Discord and we'll get you into QGJ.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Reaching out through discord now. Hopefully I can get myself in just in time for the war.