Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Clever Spambot posted:

What the gently caress, what is wrong with Rallston?

He is always thinking and saying random poo poo with no real connection to what is happening around him.

I cant tell if its a deliberate character flaw or just a result of how unfocused the writing is, because he is occasionally called out for it but nowhere near as much as he should be.

I'm pretty sure this is a Rall To Audience but where Rallston is meant to be correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Palestinians do sometimes describe themselves as descendants of Canaanites, the pre-Israelite population of modern-day Palestine, which is backed up by the facts. This enrages radical jewish Israelis to no end for a variety of reasons.

Which facts, out of curiosity? A quick Google shows links between the Biblical Canaanites and modern Lebanese, but not Palestinians (https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/07/ancient-dna-reveals-fate-mysterious-canaanites) (https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/canaanite-bible-ancient-dna-lebanon-genetics-archaeology/)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

The Coolidge Reagan Foundation will do whatever it takes to expose AOC’s transgressions and hold her accountable

:lol:

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

We'll have to get a DNA swab from that allegorical cartoon drawing of a mythological figure to be sure

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Palestinians do sometimes describe themselves as descendants of Canaanites, the pre-Israelite population of modern-day Palestine, which is backed up by the facts. This enrages radical jewish Israelis to no end for a variety of reasons.

And Israelis are descended from the same population, what's your point? Because if we're going to start claiming the Palestinians have unbroken continuity with the Philistines, then the Israelis have the same thing with the Israelites and we're still no nearer to peace.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

loquacius posted:

Which facts, out of curiosity? A quick Google shows links between the Biblical Canaanites and modern Lebanese, but not Palestinians (https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/07/ancient-dna-reveals-fate-mysterious-canaanites) (https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/canaanite-bible-ancient-dna-lebanon-genetics-archaeology/)

Those are the facts I'm thinking of, whoops I'm spreading half-truths.

Although the DNA analysis doesn't say Canaanites are linked to the Lebanese and not Palestinians, it just hasn't been done with Palestinians.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Okay, so, just to explain why this is a complete own-goal: Garrison has now stated, for the record, that is correct to attribute the potential sins of employees to their boss.

While Cohen's on the fuckin' stand.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I appreciate the female donkey given that the average democrat is a woman at this point. This isn't true in congress yet but even then it's over 1/3 and any cluster of three or more donkeys could stand to use a female one

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1104025054105559043

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1104075694823346178

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Is that all the whole campaign finance "scandal" boils down to? I've only been half-paying-attention to that, but I'm seeing a bunch of "AOC FACING JAILTIME?? CAMPAIGN FINANCE MONEY LAUNDERING BOMBSHELL" articles on sites frequented by right-wing dumbasses.

Part of her campaign funds went to the PAC Brand New Congress, which represents a number of progressive candidates (including AOC).

She also gave her boyfriend a .gov email so he could see her calendar.

Hence, the only rational conclusion, she's using her boyfriend to funnel millions of dollars from her own campaign!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

MixMastaTJ posted:

Part of her campaign funds went to the PAC Brand New Congress, which represents a number of progressive candidates (including AOC).

She also gave her boyfriend a .gov email so he could see her calendar.

Hence, the only rational conclusion, she's using her boyfriend to funnel millions of dollars from her own campaign!

Yeah it felt incredibly biased to do so, but when I saw one fleeting headline about this I immediately assumed it was either bullshit or extremely overblown.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Grimdude posted:

Yeah it felt incredibly biased to do so, but when I saw one fleeting headline about this I immediately assumed it was either bullshit or extremely overblown.

Yeah, same. For me, I was at an appointment with a business client, and the company's boss was loudly reading headlines he saw on Facebook to his wife in-between bragging about all of the likes he was getting on his shared articles. At one point, he gleefully said "Hey, did you see? That dumbass AOC is going to jail for money laundering!!" while his wife let out a dismissive "that's interesting, dear". If there's a better illustration of how this dubious poo poo gets spread around and repeated until it becomes an Alternative Fact, I have yet to see it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Holy poo poo. Why the gently caress is this imbecile a tv host now.:bang:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Why doesn't the rest of the view panel reject her, it's not good for their own credibility to have a nazi at the table.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If AOC ever does anything seriously wrong you can be sure it'll be blared from the rooftops and be a nonstop story for days. Every new network would jump on a chance to reap that sweet drama over a darling politician blowing their reputation up.

If that doesn't happen, its safe to assume any 'scandal' involving her a bunch of nothing.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010

A Dictatorship of the Proletariat Cartoon

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HereCometheKillBots posted:

A Dictatorship of the Proletariat Cartoon

This cartoon and the one with Ilhan Omar flying around on the Star of David have been extremely popular in C-SPAM since I reposted them there

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on May's plan for the Irish border – Downing Street has insisted the meaningful vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal will go ahead as promised on Tuesday, despite negotiations in Brussels stumbling"

Telegraph:

"Is Philip Hammond's plan to thwart Brexit about to reach fruition?"

Matt:

Crufts 2019: World's biggest dog show returns to Birmingham NEC

Independent:

"Cometh the hour, cometh Geoffrey Cox's wobbly codpiece"

Times:

Manchester United floor PSG as Marcus Rashford’s late penalty caps comeback

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Paul Thomas on... the Queen’s Instagram

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I was gonna say, that’s the funniest thing that’s ever been posted in this thread.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Holy poo poo. Why the gently caress is this imbecile a tv host now.:bang:

The American ruling class is an incestuous bed of the most stupid and unworthy morons who will drown the world in blood and fire so that their lovely kids never have to work a real job.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

On the other hand, this led to my favorite tweet of the week:

https://twitter.com/JewishWorker/status/1104112280374050818

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Besesoth posted:

On the other hand, this led to my favorite tweet of the week:

https://twitter.com/JewishWorker/status/1104112280374050818

The Jewish Worker is the best face of the Jewish people.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

While looking something up for another thread I discovered that technically gay sex is only forbidden under many classical interpretations of rabbinic law if a dick actually goes into a butt, meaning that, eg, hotdogging is fine, as long as the tip doesn't go in. Up until that point, Orthodox G-D will only smile down from His heaven, nodding with approval and fatherly love.

Wikipedia cites 11th-century French rabbi Rashi for this opinion

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jurgan posted:

Why is it cut off? Where are 3 and 4? I just added it to the wiki, but it's missing 1/3 of it. https://wikisours.karlstrom.se/wiki/Yaakov_Kirschen

I got ya, buddy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love the irony of Mr Bones talking about 'proving he's one of the 'good jews'' in his kapo rear end propaganda calling us all bad jews.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I imagine Kirchen shat himself to death with rage about the bullshit Ilhan Omar controversy.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Anti-semitism will keep the Democrats focused on their task ahead, instead of being distracted by passersby.

A Weird Take.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

:wrongful:

God, JRRose! should be thanking his lucky stars Gorrell is around to steal the laziness crown.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Maybe I'm just tired after work, but the codpiece comic is hitting the getting hit in the groin humor brain goo hard

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

Why doesn't the rest of the view panel reject her, it's not good for their own credibility to have a nazi at the table.
She’s basically the Mallard Fillmore of the View.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

And you'd both still be voting for him, Stantis / Allie.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I love the juxtaposition of Tinsley using an entire week to poo poo out the exact same cartoon bitching about people who don't work.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Jews are the real anti-Semites.

The UK learned this years ago.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

And you'd both still be voting for him, Stantis / Allie.
He voted for Gary Johnson, which I guess isn’t as embarrassing as voting for Trump since a Republican voting third party means Stantis can at least claim he voted against Trump.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Anti-semitism will keep the Democrats focused on their task ahead, instead of being distracted by passersby.

A Weird Take.

Democrats can only see what's in front of them, and antisemitism all around them.

Another Weird Take.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

She’s basically the Mallard Fillmore of the View.
Sunny Hostin hates Mondays

Joy Behar says "ack!"

Meghan McCain thinks trans people should be put in camps

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I love the juxtaposition of Tinsley using an entire week to poo poo out the exact same cartoon bitching about people who don't work.
The single-minded continuity really hammers home the fact that he probably busts out six strips in a single afternoon and then just chills the rest of the week. It honestly rules and is an extremely enviable way to make a living. Too bad he doesn't spend any of his free time on self-reflection.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"Especially your brother in law." Does Tinsley have a brother in law he hates? That's just so weirdly specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

He voted for Gary Johnson, which I guess isn’t as embarrassing as voting for Trump since a Republican voting third party means Stantis can at least claim he voted against Trump.

I know he boosted Johnson real hard during the lead-up, but did that actually translate into a vote at the polls?