Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
none of them need to bring an entourage imo, solomon just doesnt do entourages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Captain Oblivious posted:

That’s not Solomon in the Zoss image. It’s Mottoms husband, her predecessor demiurge. She is sitting in his lap in that image or something to that effect.

I don't think that matters, because Incubus is younger than Solomon.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
like real talk, actual violence breaks out, 99% of the non-demiurges present are utterly negligible relative to the godlings in the building and the rest basically have the capacity to distract a demiurge at best

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
yeah I think 000001 is the only one present who could actually get involved if poo poo goes south. and last time she was up against a rapidly aging and crazed Mottom, Solomon would probably just evaporate her if he wanted to.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Patrick Spens posted:

Solomon Dave is cool as hell, and I'm going to be sad when Allison drunkenly staggers through his tournament and furiously dunks on him.

I feel like I'm going to be saying this alot.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
guys i have a theory what if mottom is mottom

have we ever seen them in the same place at the same time

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

make mockery posted:

guys i have a theory what if mottom is mottom

have we ever seen them in the same place at the same time

it gets even crazier, have you noticed that if you combine "mother om".. you get mottom? they might also be the same person

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Allison will lose the key to Zaid and it will change nothing. The furious dumbassery was within her all along.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Exploding into cubes is the best kind of exploding. It's a fact.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't think that matters, because Incubus is younger than Solomon.

I mean yes, the image is still metaphorical.

But it's not Solomon in that image.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

a kitten posted:

Exploding into cubes is the best kind of exploding. It's a fact.

the most anime kind of exploding

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mammon was looking directly at solomon when he was preparing that little display

his eyes aren't fogged over, either

i think he's so angry that he forgot he was blind

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Solomon seems pretty good at breaking tables but how will he fare fighting psychic dogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPW12BlLQv0&t=185s

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Happy Underpants posted:

Allison will lose the key to Zaid and it will change nothing. The furious dumbassery was within her all along.

Allison gives it to Zaid, who immediately throws it back at her screaming "no ugh they are trying to kill me you gently caress!" and storming of to a life of nighttime fishing on a planet with two suns (he drinks).

Fin.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Alison gives the key to Zaid who suddenly perceives all of reality and the harsh truths therein. He immediately commits divine suicide because of depression.

Key floats back to a shocked Alison.

You know I'm still of wondering where the Thorn Knights and 1 Metatron are in all of this.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

DancingShade posted:

You know I'm still of wondering where the Thorn Knights and 1 Metatron are in all of this.

Staying out of the way, because the Demiurges are too much for them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Happy Underpants posted:

yeah imo Allison doesn't need the key pieces because she has the actual key

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Demiurge keys are "here have a single divine word".

The actual key is having the whole alphabet to arrange into any words you like, plus the ability to make up words and write your own dictionary which you then force everyone else to use.

Basically it's how you automatically win at divine scrabble.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if it were the kind of story where she actually needed the so-called "keys" these "demi" "urges" have, she would have been megamanning her way across the heptagram for a while now

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
they dont have anything she wants except that skeezy guy who she was gonna lose her virginity whose kidnapping she feels vaguely responsible for

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

make mockery posted:

they dont have anything she wants except that skeezy guy who she was gonna lose her virginity whose kidnapping she feels vaguely responsible for

Yeah, the reason Mottom exploded on contact with Allison is that she desperately wanted something out of Allison. If the Demiurges were clever enough to just hand over Zaid then lock Allison's universe after she goes home, they could get back to bickering in peace.
On the other hand, I can't imagine Incubus, Solomon David, or Jagganoth would let that key slip through their fingers without making a grab for it. So her appearance with it probably was inevitably going to end the Pact, regardless.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Solomon David is so absolutely certain he can beat any of the other Demiurges.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Who's the demiurge in the very bottom right? It's not Maya but it doesn't look like the Incubus we know either.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
in all fairness, he took out what sounds to be a fairly bigshot demiurge without even possessing a key during the war, and i imagine he has maintained iron discipline in his combat preparedness the thousand or so years since

imo its entirely reasonable to assume in a 1-to-1 fight solomon david defeats any demiurge not named jagganoth

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Who's the demiurge in the very bottom right? It's not Maya but it doesn't look like the Incubus we know either.

It's Incubus. He's got short hair in all of the flashback/expository panels.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I think she's just Incubus's plus-one.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It’s a very old page. I’m sure incubus wasn’t the goblin king in Abaddons mind just yet.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Maya gave the key to her favorite noodle vendor, who Incubus then stabbed.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Yeah, I think the flashbacks just have some mistakes/things that were retconned in their chronology. It happens.

OTOH I'm fairly certain the twist regarding the Successor has been planned for a while, it's too central to the plot. And both Jadis and Zoss are known to have ulterior motives, so that leaves a lot of room to coin an eventual explanation.

:laffo: though if it's just Alice-Un being taken as masculine and the entire thing was Grammar 101.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I always took it as a metaphorical page of the Seven considering they are all simultaneously engaging in their respective vices. And I am pretty sure they didn't all just hang out together with Zoss pre-Universal war anyway.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The really funny thing is that being able to do Ki Rata is almost completely irrelevant to whether Solomon David can keep Alison from walking off with Zaid, short of him keeping Zaid tied to his person at all times, forever.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

A bit off-topic but I do feel like sometimes the in-universe texts get treated as truth in most regards in this thread, rather than metaphorical religious tracts or the writings of biased characters. For example, I feel like taking everything Meti says at face value is a bit off. While she's certainly a good source on what good swordplay is and isn't considering she was the best around, I feel like ultimately her inclination that one should cast away all violence and live a life as a simple farmer or noodle vendor is less "THIS IS THE TRUTH AND MUST BE DONE" and more just an opinion born out of extreme bitterness from her own personal experiences. After all, those monks on Rayuba weren't exactly given a favorable portrayal for doing exactly that (apart from the old spot of self-defense or preemptive Ki Rata-related murder), just sitting around and meditating on the universe while the world they were on suffered every possible injustice.

From last page, but my take away from Meti's Sword Manual was that she was reacting to the specific culture of warrior-worship that she grew up in. A culture where people often sought to become warriors in the hopes of attaining fame and glory. We see this with Maya in her flashback, where she says she wants to become a mighty swordswoman so that people will respect her.

Meanwhile, Meti knows full well what being a warrior actually involves, and so spends half of the Sword Manual telling people not to become one, if they have any desire of a long, happy, rewarding life. Then she spends the other half of the Sword Manual saying "okay, if you still want to be a warrior, here's how you do it." And even then, she doesn't mythologise martial artistry. She gets straight to the point: if you want to be The Best At Violence, you need to put away such concerns as victory, death, and even swords, and instead focus on getting really, really good at killing people.

Interestingly, she doesn't have anything to say about learning martial arts in order to protect yourself, and the people and things you value. Given what we know of her, I suspect she'd be sympathetic to that motive, since you'd be treating skill in violence as a means to an end, rather than the end in itself.

Boron_the_Moron fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 9, 2019

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I really hope by the end of this comic that we end up with enough shots of gog's head exploding to make a long animated gif out of it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I kinda want to make that "She's so cool!" panel into an avatar. Gog is currently my favorite Demiurge.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Considering that Mottom is actually one of the weakest of the demiurges, she's throwing her weight around an awful lot.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Considering that Mottom is actually one of the weakest of the demiurges, she's throwing her weight around an awful lot.

She's going to die, though. She no longer cares, because she's recognized that her own death is inevitable. She does not care about victory, only cleaving heads from bodies.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

"Weakest of the Gokus" is still a Goku. She just happens to have a Vegeta personality.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Power rankings are bullshit and they all know it. A lucky Mottom could take out an unlucky Solomon any moment, and luck's variable enough none of them want to risk it.

Jaggs is the only one who's far enough above to change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MikeJF posted:

Power rankings are bullshit and they all know it. A lucky Mottom could take out an unlucky Solomon any moment, and luck's variable enough none of them want to risk it.

Jaggs is the only one who's far enough above to change that.

There's also ways to kill someone other than by directly challenging them to a kung-sorcerery contest.